What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 578652

I know I know that Viper carrot looks mighty tasty!

But I wonder what the US would do if all of a sudden PAF decides to induct the J-10C.

More F16s are most likely tied to peace or a deal in Afghanistan… . and seems the US does not have a clear idea how they want to go by it as the Pentagon and Bolton are dragging their feet and skeptical according to recent news. It is a real possibility that PAF may not get the 16s and may decide against J10s as well leaving Mirages to soldier on till 2030……

or ye most plausible solution kabhi poora nhi hoga :partay:
ja. looks like people have had their hopes too high; clear minds can see from far away this was a mirage and false narrative; at least you have Mirages 3/5s to fly with.

ja. looks like people have had their hopes too high; clear minds can see from far away this was a mirage and false narrative; at least you have Mirages 3/5s to fly with.
we have so much to fly on sir lets be honest we are producing more and more jets every month nothing to worry here . yeah dreams will be remain dreams

we have so much to fly on sir lets be honest we are producing more and more jets every month nothing to worry here . yeah dreams will be remain dreams
Correct; getting hung up on rumours vs charting one's own path is folly

More F16s are most likely tied to peace or a deal in Afghanistan… . and seems the US does not have a clear idea how they want to go by it as the Pentagon and Bolton are dragging their feet and skeptical according to recent news. It is a real possibility that PAF may not get the 16s and may decide against J10s as well leaving Mirages to soldier on till 2030……

Agreed about the conditions on any incoming Vipers.

What I am trying to say though is....besides the obvious advantage of the logisitics behind more F-16.....is there any SIGNIFICANT capability differences between a J-10C and a Block 72 F-16?

Clearly Pakistan is being jerked around by the US which is only amplified more so by this administrations utter dysfunction and incompetence as well as the internal turmoil vis a vis Trump's people and deep state.

But why should Pakistan be held hostage to unclear US intentions in Afghanistan.

Why not throw a wrench into Washington's equations and induct the J-10C.

Even the realistic prospect of such a thing might light a fire under Uncle Sam's a##.

A country which lacks strategic depth should have an offensive doctrine. It should look for means to push war beyond its border. In case of Pakistan, we proudly tell everyone that to face an enemy 5 times of our size and resources we are going to play defensive with equipment which is not top tier. I understand that PAF has good experience on F16 but time to induct F16 to counter Rafale was 2012 instead we are hoping to get these birds beyond 2019. Our purchases are not proactive, instead these are reactionary approaches.

Pakistan rather go for small and medium high tech arms.. rather then big toys...

Aamir Hussain, release of which 8 F-16s ? PAF never ordered the 8 F-16s during Pres. Obama so there is nothing to release. US / USAF already gifted 14 F-16 A/B which PAF paid for and BB's Pak Gov't accepted Soybeans instead, PAF didn't want the other 14 from USN as they had been ridden hard.

Now if you mean that deal for 8 F-16-52+ is back then ok, it makes sense.

I was talking about the eight that we were paying albeit partially and rest through USG funding out of an option of 18 a/c.

The deal you are talking about was dead and buried about three decades back!!

Su-35 didn't came nor will these F-16's block 70

Just buy up J-10 to replace Mirage Rose and invest in J-31 for JV we don't have many options available
no j-10s role will be for air superiority. jf17s were to replace m3/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom