What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump pulling out of negotiations seems to be pressure tactics. He has to deliver what he promised before the next year elections. I am pretty sure that all the parties would be back on the negotiating table very soon.
Hope so buddy! Talibs are also pretty edgy at times. T&T on the negotiations table!!!

According to SMQ from what I can recall, being on the FAFT grey list alone is costing us $10 billion annually, getting off that should be our priority, want f16's? its like accepting groceries from someone who just burned down your house..

Pakistan should focus on in house development to meet as much of its core defence needs as possible, with partnerships with likeminded countries i.e. Ukraine, China and South Africa.. The f16 are good, but with all the political and economic baggage we will not be able to move forward and progress.. if we can get them from the $9 billion CSF.. then fine.. if they asking for hard cash, tell them to eat sh1t.. we can at least point them to our eastern neighbour, who has an ample supply.

As for the Afghanistan situation.. I'd be cautious, for all we know this so called peace agreement was a ploy, in order to divert our attention from our eastern front, thinking there was ever a chance to end this 20 year genocide. This is probably is just one proxy war of many, to the average person they'd innocently think this only involves parties from Afghanistan, Pakistan and US, but there are big players behind the scenes.. some who are already exposed.. whilst others even our leaders are afraid to call out.. I just hope Pakistan doesn't become yet another pawn in this international game of chess.

Last edited:
So basically no F16s and nothing of significance is coming. Pakistan will be left to the wolves to fend off with whatever it has.
All the players played their cards well and we seem to have no cards in hand. Pretty much sums up this new development.

That is where the money is and in my thinking the snag with the deal. We can afford the plane somehow but setting up another supply chain for armaments when we have equivalent or better armaments from the Chinese may be a logistical nightmare.
A
Talks slowed down/halted down in 2018 due to 3 major factors at play:
A) Stringent conditions by JSC Rosoboronexport to pay in Cold Hard Cash in denominations of USD.
B) Outright Rejection of Pakistani proposal for Radar change(AESA) by a Chinese OEM.
C) No provision to allow/mating of 3rd Party Sub-Systems/Munitions.

The deal would have been sealed last year 2017 end-early 2018 before the departure of previous government due to personal interest/persual/expedition by a Senior Govt Actor had it not been for the unreasonable conditions by the JSC Rosoboronexport which made the PAF walk away from the deal then. Factor A could have been catered A in a certain way, but the outright Rejection
Of Factor B and no flexibility on Factor C broke down the talks.

Talks slowed down/halted down in 2018 due to 3 major factors at play:
A) Stringent conditions by JSC Rosoboronexport to pay in Cold Hard Cash in denominations of USD.
B) Outright Rejection of Pakistani proposal for Radar change(AESA) by a Chinese OEM.
C) No provision to allow/mating of 3rd Party Sub-Systems/Munitions.

The deal would have been sealed last year 2017 end-early 2018 before the departure of previous government due to personal interest/persual/expedition by a Senior Govt Actor had it not been for the unreasonable conditions by the JSC Rosoboronexport which made the PAF walk away from the deal then. Factor A could have been catered A in a certain way, but the outright Rejection
Of Factor B and no flexibility on Factor C broke down the talks.
So if talks closed down in 2018 why was this thread opened in 2019 claiming almost confirmed?

i heard from my sources our f-16 was takeoff from USA and some of them punctured tires on pacific so they returned back :rofl:
Kaka.
Teri shaitani nahi jaay gi. Bhai let the kids enjoy a few dreams while the big boys see what is possible. The whole thread is about the possibility of getting more 16s and to be honest it is the most plausible solution to your problems.
A

Kaka.
Teri shaitani nahi jaay gi. Bhai let the kids enjoy a few dreams while the big boys see what is possible. The whole thread is about the possibility of getting more 16s and to be honest it is the most plausible solution to your problems.
A
or ye most plausible solution kabhi poora nhi hoga :partay:

Reactions: HRK
Aamir Hussain, release of which 8 F-16s ? PAF never ordered the 8 F-16s during Pres. Obama so there is nothing to release. US / USAF already gifted 14 F-16 A/B which PAF paid for and BB's Pak Gov't accepted Soybeans instead, PAF didn't want the other 14 from USN as they had been ridden hard.

Now if you mean that deal for 8 F-16-52+ is back then ok, it makes sense.

Gents, remember this is a rumour. Even if true its likely a plot to get us to lever the Taliban towards US demands.

Even F22 is not worth a prolonged US presence in the region. Get your economic house in order - buy/build what you want.

It seemed after suffering loss of millions of $$$ to soy beans in 90’s, PAF was going down the lane of bulk order with 75 F-16’s which wasn’t followed up.

After arrival of 18 new F-16’s, then PAF checked the mood in pentagon with just 8 F-16’s, however get the expected response and request fell through.

Speculated 18-24 F-16 Block 70 could mean that PAF wants more F-16’s but is hesitant to put up a big order or big numbers.

It seemed after suffering loss of millions of $$$ to soy beans in 90’s, PAF was going down the lane of bulk order with 75 F-16’s which wasn’t followed up.

After arrival of 18 new F-16’s, then PAF checked the mood in pentagon with just 8 F-16’s, however get the expected response and request fell through.

Speculated 18-24 F-16 Block 70 could mean that PAF wants more F-16’s but is hesitant to put up a big order or big numbers.

upload_2019-9-9_17-48-52.png

I know I know that Viper carrot looks mighty tasty!

But I wonder what the US would do if all of a sudden PAF decides to induct the J-10C.

If CSF money trickle down along some billions by Pak Govt it would solve short to mid term requirements of our forces. Lets finger crossed 8billion CSF I will put another 8 Billion sweetner make it 16 to 20 billions deal. That would be easy and great sell for Trump and to Congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom