What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bhai, if they are selling us Block-70 F-16 then that is connected only with Afghanistan Peace talks and not to the release of MKI proof by PAF. However, your suggestion as above seems like that if US is asking us to release such proof, the only goal is to humiliate IAF procurement plans from Russia & make them to choose F-16 aka F-21. By the same demand of release of so & so proof, US may achieve three main goals;

• Pakistan - Russia growing relation be damaged & create further vacuum, that we have concealed the proof because had a meeting with Russians on totally different level.
  • Infuriate our Chinese Friends that played a major role to build our relations with Moscow as well as bringing some beneficial offers on the table, that serves the US purpose once again. Don't forget how IK & Putin had the talks throughout the tour.
  • Force India through such humiliation for procurement of US Birds.
In my opinion, if the offer is in lieu of release of any proof at this time; let's call spade a spade and forget the Vipers. So, if there is an offer by US, that will only materialize on the basis of our assistance in Afghan Peace Talks.
  • As per the Muslim understanding it takes a century to shift the geo-strategic fulcrums. We're at the threshold of one such new one
  • The US is facing increasingly assertive and resourceful adversaries who are cleverly leveraging her fault lines
  • No Super Power can dismiss the presence at the lucrative "Heart of Asia"; hence, some arrangements might be required for the "ops" there in a tranquil and friendly environment. Now, "ops" don't necessarily mean RAW/NDS terrorist acts to kill kids, elderly, women etc. inside Pak
  • Modi has travelled to Moscow, not DC
  • Both the KSA and UAE FMs have rushed to Islamabad. And, the Pak Chief has met them while in "pajamas"
  • For a change, Pak herself now knows and values the cards she holds. The rest are all details

Last edited:
> All pdf members know which jets were on the frontline on 27th Feb. and hence are even more eager to get the F-16Vs .
> No doubt the Fighting Falcon is the backbone of the PAF but if Pakistan is going out of the way to get F-16Vs from USA, then this is a bad idea. Mainly because I believe that any further deal with the USA vis a vis more state of the art fighter jets, will come with more strings attached and probably a compromise of the national security of Pakistan to some extent.

>The current hassle in the PAF to acquire new jets is just because PAF wants to get more stronger after the February fiasco and the Rafael deal b/w India and France.
> But the hassle can get Pakistan entangled into USA's strings which I believe will be much more strong because USA is leaving Afghanistan soon and will have few reasons to have a strategic partnership with Pakistan.

I imagine:

> 10 years down the road, Pakistan feels insecure because India has all the Rafael jets, and has S-400. Now will Pakistan look for the new "F-16 Block 90/92+" ??? Will Pakistan ask KSA to buy them F-35??? Answer is NO.

> The future of the Pakistani defence procurement lies with China. The sooner Pakistan can integrate Chinese systems into our own environment, the better. Because we will be doing it after 10 years anyway.
> China can always keep the systems flowing in case of emergency but USA is just too unpredictable specially after zero presence in Afghanistan and little engagement/cooperation with Pakistan in the future.

> The concept that "USA wants to maintain the military balance between India and Pakistan" is misplaced because USA now wants to maintain the "Balance between India and Sino-Pak" . The aggravating trade-war between the USA and China is an example, and this conflict is obviously going to diversify with time.

> I do love the F-16s a lot, but I think its time to divorce that machine and move forward in time and change ourselves with the changing dynamics of the South-Asian region and the world as a whole.

We want F-16s only as a stop gap. 27th Feb has proven that the platform is very capable against even the SU-30 which was previously thought elsewise. 5-10yrs from now PAF will have project Azm and JF-17 block 3+. F-16 might not be in production then as they plan to convert the infrastructure for F-35 manufacture.
Pl-15 equipped thunders are enough to take on Rafales.

Stop over worrying, PAF planning is in capable hands. The guys who fly these jets and risk their lives for us know better.

Last edited:
Yes exactly, and this is what i posted yesterday.....Russians do not want us to disclose it. Russians also have shown their tilt towards India in last 48 hrs ...Modi ji in Mascow....so far they were quite.
Russians sold Turkey S400 even after it shot down one of its fighters. So I don't think they will not do business with us if we released SU shoot down evidence.

Salaam

Su30 is used by both the Chinese and the Russians - if it was shot down by an F16 - I think it should be obvious why the Americans arr interested in getting the detailed readings and data of the whole thing. I'm sure there is some stuff to learn. There is a difference between simulation and getting data on an actual kill.

In addition to this, the propaganda element in this also likely being considered. Probably other dimensions as well.
noted but folks appear to narrate it hinges to sale of f-16s.

With 36 upgraded egyptian Horus 5 I don't see any room for JH7 this thread is useless now
Fact is paf is miss usinhmg money on jets which dont have left enough flying hours means we need to upgrade them combine the cost of buying and upgrading we could have bought 16 SU 35

Fact is paf is miss usinhmg money on jets which dont have left enough flying hours means we need to upgrade them combine the cost of buying and upgrading we could have bought 16 SU 35
16 Su-35 would cost at least $1 bn to buy upfront and maintain, unlikely these Mirages cost even $50 m together, probably less.

• As per the Muslim understanding it takes a century to shift the geo-strategic fulcrums. We're at the threshold of one such new one
  • The US is facing increasingly assertive and resourceful adversaries who are cleverly leveraging her fault lines
  • No Super Power can dismiss the presence at the lucrative "Heart of Asia"; hence, some arrangements might be required for the "ops" there in a tranquil and friendly environment. Now, "ops" don't necessarily mean RAW/NDS terrorist acts to kill kids, elderly, women etc. inside Pak
  • Modi has travelled to Moscow, not DC
  • Both the KSA and UAE FMs have rushed to Islamabad. And, the Pak Chief has met them while in "pajamas"
  • For a change, Pak herself now knows and values the cards she holds. The rest are all details
A good matter of fact post. Pakistan should learn from experience.

It is a numbers to ROI/maintenance cost game. How many EAF M5 rise to the air is unknown given how poor EAF maintenance crew and their capabilities are. All should be considered as non airworthy until a complete overhaul is done. More pilots will fall if put to service right away.

It is a numbers to ROI/maintenance cost game. How many EAF M5 rise to the air is unknown given how poor EAF maintenance crew and their capabilities are. All should be considered as non airworthy until a complete overhaul is done. More pilots will fall if put to service right away.
I am sure that once these planes arrive in Pakistan, PAF engineers would have a thorough look at them.

16 Su-35 would cost at least $1 bn to buy upfront and maintain, unlikely these Mirages cost even $50 m together, probably less.
50M is too much i doubt PAF paid 50M..that was what they were paying for almost new ones in 1990s...

pretty sure they will be overhauled or broken for spares
question is what was the french reaction on the radar and avionics and HMD ..
and will PAF use them

50M is too much i doubt PAF paid 50M..that was what they were paying for almost new ones in 1990s...

pretty sure they will be overhauled or broken for spares
question is what was the french reaction on the radar and avionics and HMD ..
and will PAF use them
Frankly French dont care a bit; this is water under the bridge and old piece of equipment.

Frankly French dont care a bit; this is water under the bridge and old piece of equipment.
if it can support meteor than it is still useful, better than our block 1 thunders
india will not be happy if that is true..better than anything in india inventory apart from upgraded mirages(coming at a slow pace) & rafales (yet to come)

I am sure that once these planes arrive in Pakistan, PAF engineers would have a thorough look at them.
its SOP .... happened with Mirage jets acquired from Australian, Libyan and Lebanon air force

Last edited:
if it can support meteor than it is still useful, better than our block 1 thunders
india will not be happy if that is true..better than anything in india inventory apart from upgraded mirages(coming at a slow pace) & rafales (yet to come)
CUrry munchers will make crocodile tears if even tiger moths show up on Pak side.
we need an emoji with the middle finger on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom