What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bhai, if they are selling us Block-70 F-16 then that is connected only with Afghanistan Peace talks and not to the release of MKI proof by PAF. However, your suggestion as above seems like that if US is asking us to release such proof, the only goal is to humiliate IAF procurement plans from Russia & make them to choose F-16 aka F-21. By the same demand of release of so & so proof, US may achieve three main goals;

• Pakistan - Russia growing relation be damaged & create further vacuum, that we have concealed the proof because had a meeting with Russians on totally different level.
  • Infuriate our Chinese Friends that played a major role to build our relations with Moscow as well as bringing some beneficial offers on the table, that serves the US purpose once again. Don't forget how IK & Putin had the talks throughout the tour.
  • Force India through such humiliation for procurement of US Birds.
In my opinion, if the offer is in lieu of release of any proof at this time; let's call spade a spade and forget the Vipers. So, if there is an offer by US, that will only materialize on the basis of our assistance in Afghan Peace Talks.
Bhai we releasing proof is good marketing for their Fighter Jets. It has nothing to do with their offer of BLOCK 70 to us. I didn't even knew about this offer until @Khafee posted it here.

So, they don't want to see the proof for themselves - but want us to release the proof from our end.

I'm not sure what their game is and what they hope to achieve by making us do just that.

The only thing that comes to mind is (if) Pakistan was to release proof of the Su-30MKi, it would keep us away from a possible Russian camp.
We have already shown them the proof

Salaam

I don't really understand why people think Pakistan releasing proof of shooting an IAF jet, albeit a Russian made one, would damage Pak-Russia relations.

Pakistan supposedly shot it down with an advanced plane in a theatre where AWAACs were also assisting. It doesn't prove the Russian planes as bad - just that Pakistan was able to outsmart the Indians in that one engagement.

I'd understand if the information that Pakistan possessed was related to the quality of the Russian systems being subpar or anything of that sort, but a plane getting shot during an air battle between two sufficiently qualitatively matched powers isn't as embarrassing as many seem to saying it is.

Or am I missing something here?

Bhai we releasing proof is good marketing for their Fighter Jets.

But strategically, especially in current circumstances due to rapid change in geopolitics as well as growing threats; I don't see that happening in such manner as what US want.

Understood your rest of the message. Only time will tell that why US interests in releasing of proof except that their intentions are not what I mentioned in my last post. This is not about jeopardizing our growing relations with Russia but, more about US interest.

So, they don't want to see the proof for themselves - but want us to release the proof from our end.

I'm not sure what their game is and what they hope to achieve by making us do just that.

The only thing that comes to mind is (if) Pakistan was to release proof of the Su-30MKi, it would keep us away from a possible Russian camp.

Yes exactly, and this is what i posted yesterday.....Russians do not want us to disclose it. Russians also have shown their tilt towards India in last 48 hrs ...Modi ji in Mascow....so far they were quite.

Because
Bhai we releasing proof is good marketing for their Fighter Jets. It has nothing to do with their offer of BLOCK 70 to us. I didn't even knew about this offer until @Khafee posted it here.

There is no need to release proofs of a downed SU-30... US want to Sale F-16s to India with technology transfer, message has been delivered to India on 27 feb through PAF, there is no one but only F-16 solo king of South Asia... What US want more now??

Shooting down of a jet is not embarrassing for the manufacturer or country of origin albeit what the pilot did to get it shot down is more embarrassing for an airforce. Its not like the SU 30s oil leaks during a loop. We are looking too much into this. One shoot down does not necessarily suggest that the jet is trash.
They released 1965 war shoot downs recently though.

Last edited:
> All pdf members know which jets were on the frontline on 27th Feb. and hence are even more eager to get the F-16Vs .
> No doubt the Fighting Falcon is the backbone of the PAF but if Pakistan is going out of the way to get F-16Vs from USA, then this is a bad idea. Mainly because I believe that any further deal with the USA vis a vis more state of the art fighter jets, will come with more strings attached and probably a compromise of the national security of Pakistan to some extent.

>The current hassle in the PAF to acquire new jets is just because PAF wants to get more stronger after the February fiasco and the Rafael deal b/w India and France.
> But the hassle can get Pakistan entangled into USA's strings which I believe will be much more strong because USA is leaving Afghanistan soon and will have few reasons to have a strategic partnership with Pakistan.

I imagine:

> 10 years down the road, Pakistan feels insecure because India has all the Rafael jets, and has S-400. Now will Pakistan look for the new "F-16 Block 90/92+" ??? Will Pakistan ask KSA to buy them F-35??? Answer is NO.

> The future of the Pakistani defence procurement lies with China. The sooner Pakistan can integrate Chinese systems into our own environment, the better. Because we will be doing it after 10 years anyway.
> China can always keep the systems flowing in case of emergency but USA is just too unpredictable specially after zero presence in Afghanistan and little engagement/cooperation with Pakistan in the future.

> The concept that "USA wants to maintain the military balance between India and Pakistan" is misplaced because USA now wants to maintain the "Balance between India and Sino-Pak" . The aggravating trade-war between the USA and China is an example, and this conflict is obviously going to diversify with time.

> I do love the F-16s a lot, but I think its time to divorce that machine and move forward in time and change ourselves with the changing dynamics of the South-Asian region and the world as a whole.

It will be 29 years on the 6th of October when Pressler amendment embargoed our F16s. Here we are still day dreaming for the latest versions. No doubt we received a squadron of block 52s but at a very high price, for being a front line state in the war on terror. God knows what other price we will paying to be the lucky recipient the newest versions.

In ten years I hope we are looking at NGF prototypes flying and salivating over their future induction in PAF much like ten years ago with JF-17.
I agree with @v.marakov that future US-Pak relationship is only going to get rocky. We just saw China go in Iran in a massive way (albeit taking advantage of their precarious financial situation) but CPEC is going to connect with Iran and so will our oil and gas pipelines. We will not be in the good graces of US though we should try to maintain neutrality as long as possible.
If, and it's a big IF, CSF get released, we should use that money to buy support equipment like used C-130s, Cobras as they are already manufactured and used F-16s where possible. Block 70 is amazing and enticing but fraught with challenging political winds

It will be 29 years on the 6th of October when Pressler amendment embargoed our F16s. Here we are still day dreaming for the latest versions. No doubt we received a squadron of block 52s but at a very high price, for being a front line state in the war on terror. God knows what other price we will paying to be the lucky recipient the newest versions.
The sad part is that the world is looking at f 35 and others and we are still stuck on the f 16 which is still so hard for us to get.We should be black mailing the hell out of those Americans for Afghanistan. Our standards are so low.

F
The sad part is that the world is looking at f 35 and others and we are still stuck on the f 16 which is still so hard for us to get.We should be black mailing the hell out of those Americans for Afghanistan. Our standards are so low.
F 16 will fly for USAF till 2050

We releasing the footage of downing of SU-30 sounds the same as Pakistan is going to recognise Israel :enjoy:

I still dont understand the relevance of showing them the proof?

Salaam

I still dont understand the relevance of showing them the proof?

Su30 is used by both the Chinese and the Russians - if it was shot down by an F16 - I think it should be obvious why the Americans arr interested in getting the detailed readings and data of the whole thing. I'm sure there is some stuff to learn. There is a difference between simulation and getting data on an actual kill.

In addition to this, the propaganda element in this also likely being considered. Probably other dimensions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom