What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the same news was shared by Facebook page of Pakistan development News, their piece is usually on the money.

Dazzler bro, any news on new and used vipers ?

Block 70 may come or not but India has upped the game this Blok 70s can stay where they are and Pakistan should work on alternatives. These F16s have caused a lot of trouble to Pakistan since 80s, time to take a bold step now.

Last edited:
What if we see this as a golden opportunity to ask for EDA to build up the army and air force rapidly?

From Trump's point of view, India called him a liar and is trying to derail the Afghan peace process. Punishment is what he would want, and what better way than to give Pak more arms? SPGs, APCs, MRAPS, small arms, NVGs, whatever we can use against India...

Block 70 may come or not but India has upped the game this Blok 70s can stay where they are and Pakistan should work on alternatives. These F16s have caused a lot of trouble to Pakistan since 80s, time to make a bold step now.

Get some J-10s ASAP for training pilots, so that in case of war numbers can quickly be increased.

Sir, I beg to differ. Aim-120D and Meteor are not generations apart. The diff can be negated through proper planning and training.

2ndly, the UAE opted for the higher thrust GE-132 engines for this very reason. GE engines also have the added advantage of performing well in sandy / dusty conditions, in comparison to PW.

But it seems, as always "commonality" seems to be the objective.

https://www.geaviation.com/sites/default/files/datasheet-F110-GE-132.pdf

Won't they still outrange us with the Meteor? Anyways, they aren't going to get the Meteor operationalized in 3 months, so its not an immediate problem. F-16s are a brick at altitude compared to the Eurocanards.
During more or less a decade of service with the Italian Air Force, the F-16 has been extensively used to train Typhoon pilots in WVR engagements. According to the Italian pilots, the F-16 matches the F-2000 under 10,000 feet. But above FL100 the Typhoon becomes quite difficult to beat since its superior aerodynamics give the Eurofighter can out maneuver the Viper at every engagement.
https://theaviationist.com/2012/12/10/viper-dogfight/

How do we deal with the range and lethality of the Meteor? F-16, latest blocks are heavier and heavier, with those tiny wings, they have increasingly less agility at high altitude and high speeds. If we are talking about combat above 40,000 feet, the Rafales will trump us even if we have new Vipers.

Newer blocks of F-16s are infact more efficient since a combination of composites has been used which reduce the overall weight without compromising durability and performance metrics.

We saw what our 35 year old vipers armed with 4 x AMRAAMs did to IAF's heavy weights. It comes down to art of air warfare.

Rafale is very good on paper. Might be practically too. Our Block 52's/Block 15s will not be a walk in the park for Rafales. We are talking about pieces of metal travelling at hundreds of miles per hour. It takes a technological leap to defeat the enemy effortlessly. Sadly for indians, Rafales are not a leap ahead of F-16s. Even the Block 15 MLUs stand a fair chance. The EW suite we use is AN/ALQ-211(V)9 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare System or AIDEWS. It is a highly capable self protection system which is specially designed to be used in critical missions.

xxxxxx

This is probably not the time to be indecisive. We should be getting J-10s on an emergency basis. Along with any military equipment we can pick up on the fast.
J-10s do not bring anything new to the table for PAF. JF-17 block 3's will suffice.

Heard about Aim120 Deltas being part of the potential deal. The 9Xs though still seem to be a far cry. Also more squadrons of Vipers up north so that 9 and 11 guys don’t end up there whenever Modi gets a bout of diarrhea.

Not sure about Delta's.

But we are definitely receiving new AIM-120C-7 AMRAAMs since C-5s are out of production. C-7 out classes anything IAF has right now. If IAF goes against PAF before September, F-16s will eat them alive.

J-10s do not bring anything new to the table for PAF. JF-17 block 3's will suffice.

Thank you for an excellent and eye-opening post. It matches what @Khafee has been saying.

The reason I feel that we need to get J-10s, it would allow China to quickly increase our squadrons in case of an imminent war. That is, even if we have one training squadron, having the capability to utilize the machines would allow us to quickly increase numbers from Chinese stock.

Hi,

You kids talk about weapons and are totally clueless about major weapons---.
You know what the J10 brings to the table---

It is called NUMBERS---spelled N U M B E R S---on a fastrak---.

You know what HIGHER numbers mean for a military at time of conflict---or you kids have no concept of it.

Hi,

You know what HIGHER numbers mean for a military at time of conflict---or you kids have no concept of it.

May be in a limited Feb 27 like clash, you don't need numbers. Quality matters most.

I will only comment on what I'm certain about.

Pakistan has itself expressed interest in acquiring new F-16s in the recent visit. Not sure about upgradation of current fleet.

However it comes with a bill attached of $8 Billion which is a far cry atleast for now. I think the total number was 26 or 36 jets. I cant recall. But we have definitely performed an assessment and we find new F-16s as a suitable candidate for our future fighter requirements to counter IAF's rafales.

And trust me when I say this. F-16 Block 70 is not significantly inferior to rafale. F-16V is a very very mature platform. Zero bugs in its operating system and seamless weapons integration ensure its lethality and survivability against IAF's mixed breed of fighters.

And there is catch,

Platform commonality is advantageous for Pakistan, it lowers the logistic and maintenance headaches.
It is a disadvantage, because the enemy knows the precise threat, and it can train again and again on that one threat.

What if we see this as a golden opportunity to ask for EDA to build up the army and air force rapidly?

From Trump's point of view, India called him a liar and is trying to derail the Afghan peace process. Punishment is what he would want, and what better way than to give Pak more arms? SPGs, APCs, MRAPS, small arms, NVGs, whatever we can use against India...

Get some J-10s ASAP for training pilots, so that in case of war numbers can quickly be increased.

Won't they still outrange us with the Meteor? Anyways, they aren't going to get the Meteor operationalized in 3 months, so its not an immediate problem. F-16s are a brick at altitude compared to the Eurocanards.

https://theaviationist.com/2012/12/10/viper-dogfight/
Thanks to Modi madness, who in the world would arm India to such an extent that a nuclear exchange becomes inevitable?!??!! The MIT study, which has shown a Pak-India nuclear exchange would end the world order as we know it, is still valid if not more!!! Folks at the top aren’t as secured as those at the bottom!!! They lose sleep over a single day’s loss in the stock market.....

Hi,

Are you usually this condescending? You are an old member hence I'll ignore this.

Watch your responses.

Hi,

I am astounded at the lack of knowledge of pakistani kids and adults as well---.

They show no concept of understanding what higher number count means---they act brainless.

We are as close to war with india as we can get---and we are a 100 frontline aircraft short at this time---.

And why we are short---because the capable aircraft that are available are on the same level as the one we have---meaning we have 100 JF17's a 4th gen aircraft and if we get another 50 J10 aircraft---making it 150---the extra 50 aircraft brings no change to the force---. Wow---what a brilliant analysis---.

Hi,

I am astounded at the lack of knowledge of pakistani kids and adults as well---.

They show no concept of understanding what higher number count means---they act brainless.

We are as close to war with india as we can get---and we are a 100 frontline aircraft short at this time---.

And why we are short---because the capable aircraft that are available are on the same level as the one we have---meaning we have 100 JF17's a 4th gen aircraft and if we get another 50 J10 aircraft---making it 150---the extra 50 aircraft brings no change to the force---. Wow---what a brilliant analysis---.
In the war, fighter aircrafts are consumables, not durable goods.

Like I said earlier nothing is coming !!!!
Pakistan has informed the u.s that cooperation in Afg is not possible as with the happenings in IOK are/will have a negative fallout on peace in the whole region.
The only option left is j10c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom