What's new

PAF Exercise High Mark - 2010

All PAF Mirage-5 still support the olive green camouflage, the air chief is sitting in one of the upgraded Mirage-3 aircrafts.

bro though ur saying right but what happen here, olive green color seem to u gray now.:what:
look at this
this is mirage-3 light gray.

and this is mirage-5 with olive green around cockpit and COAS sitting in M5.

Rao Qamar flies F-16, takes part in High Mark-2010

ISLAMABAD: Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleman on Thursday himself participated in the country’s biggest joint military exercises “High Mark-2010”. According to the sources, the Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleman reviewed the exercise.

Setting a leadership example for pilots and airmen of Pakistan air force, Air Chief Marshall also flies F-16 and also targeted imaginary enemy hideout. He continued to fly F-16 for at least one hour and landed at operational airbase where senior officers and pilots appreciated his expertise in war.

The longest war exercises in the history of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) started on March 16.

ONLINE - International News Network

Guys! PAF is bringing the party to Peshawar - Islamabad Motorway - M1.

I witness it today, the track is cleared off the concrete blocks and the painting and other stuff were underway (the traffic has been converted to single lines though). I have seen plenty of PAF vehicles 2 hours ago - doing the inspection etc. I guess M1 is going to be closed very soon for these exercises.

Well the Chief is definitely sitting in a Mirage, which one, will that is to be guessed as it can't be cleared from this picture. As per the news release, i doubt that he flew the F-16 himself, most probably he may have sit in the WSO seat and did the job as said. reason being as per his profile read at some places, he has not flown F-16s, rather he is said to be an expert on Mirages.

bro though ur saying right but what happen here, olive green color seem to u gray now.:what:
look at this
this is mirage-3 light gray.

and this is mirage-5 with olive green around cockpit and COAS sitting in M5.

There is a very specific reason for the first picture of Mirage IIIs in air-superiority gray. These Mirages are optimized for Interception role and their radars are fully BVR capable due to the avionics available.

The vast majority of other Mirage IIIs include platforms optimized for precision attack missions in Surface attack role which is why they utilize the camouflage scheme as shown in the second photo.

Another thing worth noting is, from serial numbers, it's evident that most of the air superiority grey Mirages are the Australian III O series.

There is a very specific reason for the first picture of Mirage IIIs in air-superiority gray. These Mirages are optimized for Interception role and their radars are fully BVR capable due to the avionics available.

The vast majority of other Mirage IIIs include platforms optimized for precision attack missions in Surface attack role which is why they utilize the camouflage scheme as shown in the second photo.
True, but what about the following two Mirage III-O from No 7 Squadron at Masroor? Apparently similar configuration yet two different color schemes:

89790242af638bbcecce5c3433df5de9.jpg

Last edited:
True, but what about the following two? Apparently similar configuration yet two different color schemes:

They both are Mirage-3 , the machine in the front is in a standard camouflage scheme, while the other is an ex- Australian aircraft in original natural metal finish.

They both are Mirage-3 , the machine in the front is in a standard camouflage scheme, while the other is an ex- Australian aircraft in original natural metal finish.
Brother, thanks for the information; I guess I know that both are Mirage III; my question was about the color scheme (gray versus olive-gray) and role assigned to the aircrafts as mentioned by Blain2. Please take your time to fully understand the question before hitting the 'post' button and if the query is not clear, ask the poster to make it clear for you.

True, but what about the following two Mirage III-O from No 7 Squadron at Masroor? Apparently similar configuration yet two different color schemes:

This is an early picture. All No.7 sqn Mirages have the low visibility air-superiority gray paint scheme now in line with their interception role.

Here is a picture of No.7 sqn's potent steeds in their current paint scheme trailing an F-16 at Brightstar 2009.
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i123/blain2/?action=view&current=brightstar2009_paf2.jpg&newest=1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom