What's new

PAF could have downed more Indian planes in Pulwama crisis: ex-air chief

Those who say it would have lead to further major escalation, I disagree. Indians would be too in shock to respond. World powers would pressure both sides for de escalation. Also, if Indians did respond, do we not have strength to fight? We have enough strength for a limited war, which is the maximum escalation for that scenario. And that too it wouldn’t even last a couple days before the world would step in to stop it. The nukes we have make even the most insane people think twice before a full scale war. If modi still would have been crazy enough for a full out attack, then we fight it out because if your enemy is hell bent on war, you give them such a war their generations remember.

Of course my comment wasn't made with the danger of incoming questions in mind.

It may not be wise to you, but then, it happens, it has happened to other countries as well.

One doesn't get trigger happy or weapons free on the very first day.
You are opening cans of worm.

Hesitation after an enemy violated your country on multiple locations, and dropped bombs and went back unharmed, is already a big QUESTION.

First cold hands and hesitation during attack
Same when responded.

Mind you was not a first incident when IAF crossed border and went back safely.

Afghans and Iranians can do whatever they want across borders, cold hands, hesitation.

We are not talking about drones and abbotabad incident.

Missiles fired and cold hands and hesitation.

so much more, but i stop.

With due respect, if these are the type we have at command level, than Allah hi Hafiz.

Sometimes its better to take a polite comment and let it go. I used words very care fully in my COMMENT. aqalmand kay liyay ishara kafi hona chahiyay tha.

Hesitation after an enemy violated your country on multiple locations, and dropped bombs and went back unharmed, is already a big QUESTION.

First cold hands and hesitation during attack
Same when responded.

Mind you was not a first incident when IAF crossed border and went back safely.

Afghans and Iranians can do whatever they want across borders, cold hands, hesitation.

We are not talking about drones and abbotabad incident.

Missiles fired and cold hands and hesitation.

so much more, but i stop.

With due respect, if these are the type we have at command level, than Allah hi Hafiz.

Sometimes its better to take a polite comment and let it go. I used words very care fully in my COMMENT. aqalmand kay liyay ishara kafi hona chahiyay tha.
Cold hands and hesitation..... A culture which has slowly crept in. Only high tempo kinetic operations can and normally do change this culture.

Peace seldom makes good military leaders. Military, not political leaders, mind you.

Cans full of worms, are normally full of worms only. We should have a big heart to acknowledge that it is really a can of worms.

Cold hands and hesitation..... A culture which has slowly crept in. Only high tempo kinetic operations can and normally do change this culture.

Peace seldom makes good military leaders. Military, not political leaders, mind you.

Cans full of worms, are normally full of worms only. We should have a big heart to acknowledge that it is really a can of worms.
If last 25- 30 years did not provide high tempo kinetic environment than there must be something seriously wrong.

are you saying, we did not have peace that is why we do not have Good Military Leaders?

Than so this can of worm must be dealt with appropriately, its stayed there and kept on multiplying.

If last 25- 30 years did not provide high tempo kinetic environment than there must be something seriously wrong.
For army, yes. Not much there for the PAF except high altitude bombing. No weapons free status as far as air to air engagement is concerned. Afterall, till 2019, it was more than three decades since we had shot down a manned enemy aircraft. For IAF, even more, almost five decades if we don't consider the Atlantique incident.

PAF could have downed more Indian planes in Pulwama crisis: ex-air chief​

By Our Correspondent
January 16, 2023

LAHORE: Former Air Chief Marshall Sohail Aman Sunday said Pakistan could have taught India even a bigger lesson during the Pulwama crisis but it displayed restraint as an escalation of the tension was not an objective.

He was delivering a lecture at the Nazriya Pakistan Trust which was the first of a series of “Quaid e Azam Leadership Lectures” launched by the trust devoted to promoting the vision and philosophy of the founding fathers of the nation. Sohail Aman spoke of passion and determination as key elements of leadership and added that the Quaid-e-Azam proved through creation of Pakistan that “nothing is impossible”. He said Pakistan’s superior strategy and decisive leadership had humbled India during the ‘post-Pulwama crisis’ in February 2019, when “we had eight Indian aircraft within our range, with electronic warfare tracking their every move and we could have taught them a bigger lesson, but we didn’t want to escalate.”

Terming ex-ACM Sohail Aman an authentic Pakistani hero, Senator Mushahid Hussain, Vice Chairman of Nazriya Pakistan Trust (NPT), said the Quaid-e-Azam through his leadership based on character, courage and commitment had set a unique example which inspired Muslims and led to the struggle which created Pakistan. “Thanks to the Quaid-e-Azam and the founding fathers, we are today living as free citizens of a free country,” Mushahid Hussain said, underlining that the nation must honour its heroes who are role models for the people of Pakistan. He said the people of Pakistan had guts and the spirit but they were let down by a weak leadership.

He lauded Sohail Aman for building a modern fighting force in the form of the Pakistan Air Force, which gave a befitting reply to Indian aggression in Balakot in February 2019, which was Pakistan’s finest hour, along with the nuclear tests in May 1998.

Presiding over the meeting, NPT Senior Vice Chairman Mian Farooq Altaf talked about various attributes of the Quaid-e-Azam’s leadership, his impeccable integrity and honesty, and uncompromising stand on Pakistan, adding, “the Quaid gave all his property to educational institutions and his family derived no benefit from the creation of Pakistan.” Conversely, today he warned against “worshipping power and money”, as character is more important than these worldly material possessions. Other speakers said Quaid’s leadership based on character, courage and commitment is the key to Pakistan’s turnaround in the future.

Thank you pak airforce you spared us from certain defeat .

For army, yes. Not much there for the PAF except high altitude bombing. No weapons free status as far as air to air engagement is concerned. Afterall, till 2019, it was more than three decades since we had shot down a manned enemy aircraft. For IAF, even more, almost five decades if we don't consider the Atlantique incident.
You are telling me that exercises and training means nothing? waste of time and resources?

and, IAF after atleast five decades was still able to challenge PAF multiple times cross border and reach home safely and PAF with 2 decades in favour, still could not stop IAF and shot down the bastards violating our Air Space?

Afghan war, war on terror, FATA operations were not enough?

With your arguments, if nothing else, atleast the concept of Battle Hardened goes down the drain.

you did not respond to Military Leadership comment?

I am feeling bad for replying to your posts.

You are telling me that exercises and training means nothing? waste of time and resources?

and, IAF after atleast five decades was still able to challenge PAF multiple times cross border and reach home safely and PAF with 2 decades in favour, still could not stop IAF and shot down the bastards violating our Air Space?

Afghan war, war on terror, FATA operations were not enough?
Reading your above comments, seems to me you have assumed too much, in too little a time without discussing it out...

Every one of your points merits detailed discussion.

Like the above quoted one...

Why, even after five decades, we still lack PAF radar and MOB / FOB coverage in North Pakistan? Especially in area adjacent to AK? That's where IAF actually came in.

Why there is lack of PAF radar and aircraft coverage on the western border, and especially Balochistan?

These are interesting questions with equally interesting answers.

Not a bad trade by India by giving Pakistan a small victory and in return took over Kashmir in full.
Anyways thumbs up to great PAF. The only institution which is professional.

Every one of your points merits detailed discussion.

Like the above quoted one...

Why, even after five decades, we still lack PAF radar and MOB / FOB coverage in North Pakistan? Especially in area adjacent to AK? That's where IAF actually came in.

Why there is lack of PAF radar and aircraft coverage on the western border, and especially Balochistan?

These are interesting questions with equally interesting answers.
I will not go into any details, but we never had Radar Coverage issue,

All our current bases are capable of delivering response within defined SOPs. continuous improvements are always happening to maintain and improve performance.

I will not go into any details, but we never had Radar Coverage issue,

All our current bases are capable of delivering response within defined SOPs. continuous improvements are always happening to maintain and improve performance.
Well then, that settles it....

Our response towards IAF bombing package was in line within our defined SOPs and with ample radar coverage.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom