What's new

PAF AIRPOWER A FLOAT

PAF Air Chief checks out the Eurofighter Typhoon.

ACM Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed - Chief of the Pakistan Air Force flying Eurofighter of 29 Reserve Squadron of RAF on 1st November, 2006. He became the first Pakistani to fly in the Eurofighter Typhoon.

@Oscar @Aeronaut @fatman17 @WebMaster @nuclearpak .

PAF pilots had flown in the Typhoon before that. This was depicted early on in his book by the Artist Grp Capt Hussaini..
However, this may have been a more formal visit. Regardless, the Typhoon was much appreciated by certain elements in the PAF Cadre who found its air combat performance very impressive. The issue may not have been with the DVI and more to do with the rather heavy price tag for the aircraft. Yet, if the old hearsays hold true.. the Typhoon was tentatively costing the PAF almost ten million less than the Rafale in those days.

besides many PAF pilots on exchange visits to the UK have been flying the Typhoon regularly. this was stated by x_man some time ago who was himself a ex-PAF pilot. now he works for PIA flying 747's.

gives a good laugh when some refer to it as a dual seat TRAINER. :sarcastic:

Apparently I missed out on the TRAINER comment. The -16 B52 gives anxiety to every pilot even in the USAF. And that's a true statement about the Viper platform in general, whether you are flying a -15 or -18, pilots don't like their stats twisted because they went against the -16 in simulated combat. The -22 pilots are probably the only ones who don't worry as much unless they get into a dog fight.
-16 B 52 is superior to majority of the platforms in that region and is on par with SU-30's. PAF's pilots have won simulated combat multiple times with pilots flying Rafales, Mirages and EFT. It's a known fact. And they've done the same with Flankers in different places. So combine good pilot skills and training with one of the most deadly war machines, the -16.....you've got to be serious about it if you are facing it. From X thousand to ground 0, the Viper descends the enemy in less than 10 seconds....two seats or 200 more pounds for the second pilot doesn't mean they took out all the weapons or avionics from the jet lol

besides many PAF pilots on exchange visits to the UK have been flying the Typhoon regularly. this was stated by x_man some time ago who was himself a ex-PAF pilot. now he works for PIA flying 747's.

PAF pilots had flown in the Typhoon before that. This was depicted early on in his book by the Artist Grp Capt Hussaini..
However, this may have been a more formal visit. Regardless, the Typhoon was much appreciated by certain elements in the PAF Cadre who found its air combat performance very impressive. The issue may not have been with the DVI and more to do with the rather heavy price tag for the aircraft. Yet, if the old hearsays hold true.. the Typhoon was tentatively costing the PAF almost ten million less than the Rafale in those days.

Honourable gents, i don't doubt your disclosures for one minute but could the difference be ''flying in one and flying one''....according to ACM own text which i edited, he was first Pakistani in history to fly the Typhoon and he can be seen sitting in a solo cockpit.
@Oscar, my dear, the gentleman in my avatar, who happened to be in UK at that time for the JSCC in Swindon was called up to assist the ACM. I believe he himself was in the dual seater, next i heard was that he's in Germany.
I wasn't aware of any James Bond type gadgets on the EFT until told by..... although the person praised the compact design and size of the aircraft but his very words were.....'' Bus theek hi hey''. !!

Apparently I missed out on the TRAINER comment. The -16 B52 gives anxiety to every pilot even in the USAF. And that's a true statement about the Viper platform in general, whether you are flying a -15 or -18, pilots don't like their stats twisted because they went against the -16 in simulated combat. The -22 pilots are probably the only ones who don't worry as much unless they get into a dog fight.
-16 B 52 is superior to majority of the platforms in that region and is on par with SU-30's. PAF's pilots have won simulated combat multiple times with pilots flying Rafales, Mirages and EFT. It's a known fact. And they've done the same with Flankers in different places. So combine good pilot skills and training with one of the most deadly war machines, the -16.....you've got to be serious about it if you are facing it. From X thousand to ground 0, the Viper descends the enemy in less than 10 seconds....two seats or 200 more pounds for the second pilot doesn't mean they took out all the weapons or avionics from the jet lol
Yes some folks in our vicinity think it's just a trainer version of the B52, little realising what this aircraft incorporates and what gadgets are packed into that raised spine.
I am glad you brought up the simulated combat with Rafales, i refrained as it would have been hard to digest for the cry babies..... you might as well disclose as to what the PAF pilots were flying when they splashed the Rafales. :angel:;)

Honourable gents, i don't doubt your disclosures for one minute but could the difference be ''flying in one and flying one''....according to ACM own text which i edited, he was first Pakistani in history to fly the Typhoon and he can be seen sitting in a solo cockpit.
@Oscar, my dear, the gentleman in my avatar, who happened to be in UK at that time for the JSCC in Swindon was called up to assist the ACM. I believe he himself was in the dual seater, next i heard was that he's in Germany.
I wasn't aware of any James Bond type gadgets on the EFT until told by..... although the person praised the compact design and size of the aircraft but his very words were.....'' Bus theek hi hey''. !!

That may be true. Since most of the earlier rides have been in the backseat of the two seat typhoon(and Rafale). Interestingly, some pilots were not too "fond" of ACM Tanvir(and then Suleman)... for reasons involving flying hours touching an average of 300+ per year for certain squadrons during the initial WoT assistance operations.. and then High Mark 2010...
Certain squadron pilots were literally weary eyed for what was even more than this for them.

the term "ragraa laga dena" was oft heard by pilots.

That may be true. Since most of the earlier rides have been in the backseat of the two seat typhoon(and Rafale). Interestingly, some pilots were not too "fond" of ACM Tanvir(and then Suleman)... for reasons involving flying hours touching an average of 300+ per year for certain squadrons during the initial WoT assistance operations.. and then High Mark 2010...
Certain squadron pilots were literally weary eyed for what was even more than this for them.

the term "ragraa laga dena" was oft heard by pilots.

It is a dream for any pilot to fly as much as they can.....so why complain?

It is a dream for any pilot to fly as much as they can.....so why complain?

Ever see a pilot after a day of ACM.. and his condition..
the toll it takes on the human body is worse than stamina training for body building contests. Many pilots end up with sprained necks.
It may seem all comfy in that cockpit, but its a workout to rival most gym workouts.

Moreover, at the end of the day.. its still a task to fly, be vigilant and so on. when it can take a toll on car drivers.. on airline pilots.. it does here as well.

Yes some folks in our vicinity think it's just a trainer version of the B52, little realising what this aircraft incorporates and what gadgets are packed into that raised spine.
I am glad you brought up the simulated combat with Rafales, i refrained as it would have been hard to digest for the cry babies..... you might as well disclose as to what the PAF pilots were flying when they splashed the Rafales. :angel:;)
f16 or jf17??

Ever see a pilot after a day of ACM.. and his condition..
the toll it takes on the human body is worse than stamina training for body building contests. Many pilots end up with sprained necks.
It may seem all comfy in that cockpit, but its a workout to rival most gym workouts.

Moreover, at the end of the day.. its still a task to fly, be vigilant and so on. when it can take a toll on car drivers.. on airline pilots.. it does here as well.

Yes indeed it is taxing on the pilots as well as the machines. But it is for the good of the pilots themselves. Better train hard now than be sorry later.

Windy, share with us please, if possible. Cry babies will remain cry babies. Who cares for them anyway?

I didn't believe it then, as F-7 PG sounded too fictitious :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom