What's new

PAF AIRPOWER A FLOAT

Orangzeib re your comment

[16 B 52 is superior to majority of the platforms in that region and is on par with SU-30's. PAF's pilots have won simulated combat multiple times with pilots flying Rafales, Mirages and EFT. It's a known fact. And they've done the same with Flankers in different places. So combine good pilot skills and training with one of the most deadly war machines, the -16.....you've got to be serious about it if you are facing it./QUOTE]

Agree with your comment about F16/52 being superior to majority in the region. Infact i would suggest better than all BAR the SU30MKI .

However the INDIANS have massive experience of facing off against this magnificent fighter as the F16/52 are based in india and train against Su30 Mirage2000 & MIG21 all the time

India to Continue Extending Training Facilities to Singapore Air Force

in these excercises IAF mig21 BISON have beaten the F16/52 in DACT missions.

THE POINT BEING F16/52 great plane but not really in the same league as the Euro canards rafale & typhoon.

Dont let a DACT MISSION result fool you

Orangzeib re your comment

Any source of Indian Mig-21s beating F-16 block 52s in simulated combat exercises?

Keeping in mind the result of previous wars---where PAF literally blasted IAF in 65' and shot down way more fighter jets of IAF than losing its own in 71'----comments of American professional pilots on Indian Air Force----and over-all performance of both air forces, Pakistanis don't see IAF as their equal in quality (Professionalism, tactics, pilot training)....May be that's changing with IAF as it becomes more modern.

Btw, it take guts to accept that PAF F-16 block 52s armed with AIM-120C 5/7s hold an upper hand over IAF Su-30MKIs in BVR scenario.

Yes some folks in our vicinity think it's just a trainer version of the B52, little realising what this aircraft incorporates and what gadgets are packed into that raised spine.
I am glad you brought up the simulated combat with Rafales, i refrained as it would have been hard to digest for the cry babies..... you might as well disclose as to what the PAF pilots were flying when they splashed the Rafales. :angel:;)

Its not like no one beat the PAF, they did get beatup at times. But the ratio was little compared to the superior piloting skills the 'others' had with the latest and the greatest jets like the Rafale and the EFT. And then there wer kills made by the old and grumpy -16 Block 15....Go Figure!
On the -16's Block 52's, these are top of the line planes. There is no doubt about it...

I heard that PAF had agreed to purchase an entire squadron from Jordan, consisting of 12 A models and one B model.

Any chance to get a higher resolution version of the above pic? I see two interesting developments if I am correct... Thanks in advance mr Windjammer!

1. I am not sure but it looks like the MLU has the 370 gallon normal wingtanks but the Bl52+ has the 600 gallon Israeli fuel tanks... That does surprise me if true.

Last edited:
Any chance to get a higher resolution version of the above pic? I see two interesting developments if I am correct... Thanks in advance mr Windjammer!

1. I am not sure but it looks like the MLU has the 370 gallon normal wingtanks but the Bl52+ has the 600 gallon Israeli fuel tanks... That does surprise me if true.
@Munir, I have been told by the source that due to the size of the original picture, they had to cut it down or something to fit on the internet thus losing the HD quality. Yes even i noticed the drop tank attached to the F-16C is much bigger compared to the one under the other aircraft. Along with CFTs, that bird is destined to stretch some fair Miles.

going for hunt
f-16_fighting_falcon_block52_pakistan_air_force_012.jpg

Why does israeli fuel tank surprise you? How do you think the PAF kept the solas flying throughout the 90's?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom