What's new

PAF AIRPOWER A FLOAT

Thank you Dear Leader. But the days of 73 when Israel didnt field F-15s and 16 were different. Much simpler times. Or are they still relevant even in todays scenario?

Also JF-17's RCS is touted as to be very small, do you think this hold advantage for us? And any ideas regarding MKI's signature size?

You cannot accurately guess the signature of any aircraft just out of the blue. However, what is important to understand that size does matter when aircraft without much in the way of RCS shaping and especially with external weapons are concerned. Regardless of how much you reduce the RCS of the aircraft, It will come to a point where the RCS of the weapons will exceed or equal that of the entire aircraft and that will still show up at a distance. Additionally, compared to the MKI which is a HUGE airplane the JF-17 is a fairly small fighter. So the MKI will definitely have a much larger RCS as compared to the JF-17 and a higher chance of being detected.

When it comes down to radar ranges and missile engagement the following is a helpful remark by the member of this forum Gambit

Whatever | Page 2987
You need to look at the closing speed versus effective detection distance difference. You can have a 100 km detection difference but if both fighters approaches each other at Mach 1+, the fighter with the better radar will bring himself into detection range of the other fighter anyway while he tries to set himself up for the better shot. The other guy is not going to be idle either. What if he go low to try to get lost in ground clutter because he know he is already is at an inferior altitude? What if he is already at a superior altitude? It is somewhat misleading from popular media to post images of fighters side by side with their respective radar ranges devoid of tactical situations.

A formation of F-7PGs over the Karakoram Ranges.

april_zps324c2e9e.jpg~original

For PAF Sky is the limit.

january_zps141c1547.jpg~original

This must have been just a little earlier then. :)

252581_233292200018566_3752282_n.jpg

A few seconds indeed! I lost that picture. Thanks for posting it. mr Ali is one of the most amazing pilots I have ever met and I am a lucky guy cause I met hundreds of fighter pilots. You just feel something incredible just shaking hands of this man. Serious.

A few seconds indeed! I lost that picture. Thanks for posting it. mr Ali is one of the most amazing pilots I have ever met and I am a lucky guy cause I met hundreds of fighter pilots. You just feel something incredible just shaking hands of this man. Serious.
He was stand in pilot for Haseeb Paracha for the 2005 F-16 display, spoke to him over the phone when he was in UK for the JSCC.

He was stand in pilot for Haseeb Paracha for the 2005 F-16 display, spoke to him over the phone when he was in UK for the JSCC.
At the moment defense attache in Saudi arab...

I had the honor of making tons of pictures and hopefully I will post them in the future. And while many aviation photographers there had superb and expensive tools I just had a mini canon ixus... On the other hand... I cannot imagine one can make a bad picture of PAF.

About the F16... It was the one with top gun marking in the past...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom