What's new

PAF AIRPOWER A FLOAT

It looks awesome. But how JF-17 stands with the Air Machines of neighbor countries?

It looks awesome. But how JF-17 stands with the Air Machines of neighbor countries?

JF-17 ranks right up there with Mig-29s etc. Better in many regards. But the *most* latest Mig-29 version (Mig-29 UMT) is ahead of JF-17 at this point.

JF-17 is as maneuverable as F-16s, which means that JF-17 is a VERY maneuverable fighter jet. It carries SD-10B BVRs which as reported to match AIM-120C5/7 of U.S Air Force---so in this regard, JF-17 is superior to many in the world.

Basically, JF-17 is a fourth+ generation multi-role fighter aircraft.....

JF-17 is vastly superior to Tejas now. Tejas failed to deliver on time and now it can't match JF-17.

Lastly, I don't know if you are a big aviation fan and read a lot of stuff, but if you didn't know...JF-17s were pitched against Chinese Su-27/30 Flankers in air-to-air battle under different scenarios...

Two out of three times, JF-17s shot down Su-27/30s... :)

It means that JF-17 is a very potent fighter jet...Flankers are regarded as one of the BEST dog-fighters in modern history...and JF-17 shot them down two out of three times. And remember, JF-17 will get wayyyyyyyyy more powerful and sophisticated in coming times.

So it is a remarkably successful problem for Pakistan Air Force, Mashallah.

Therefore, Pakistan is planning to deploy 150 to 275 JF-17 Thunders block 2/3/4/5 etc in the future.

very comfortably and provides much more than the role it was originally assigned. we only have potential hostilities with a neighbour in the east so its focus is only one country. designed by the air force itself hence the conversion is so seamless from F-16s to this platform and without even needing a trainer version.
an agile, low RTS aircraft armed with BVR creates a lot of anxiety for the neighbouring air force because PAF has huge advantage of customising its configuration much of which is kept classified for very good reasons ;) look up the PDF interview with the PAF pilot for more.

JF-17 ranks right up there with Mig-29s etc. Better in many regards. But the *most* latest Mig-29 version (Mig-29 UMT) is ahead of JF-17 at this point.
thank you Sultan
one of its many advantages is its open source architecture and compatibility with both western and Russian , Chinese systems giving PAF and any other air force the flexibility customize it according to the role and the doctrine.

there is one guy who recycles his own articles again and again and considers block 52s barely matching up to the awesomenss of Tejas
Well we all have heard about the Rapptor of the east, however it's another matter that some 50% of them are grounded but as a credit to Tejas.....IAF hasn't crashed one yet.

Thanks alot for the Info. I was just aiming to compare it with Su-30MKI & Rafale. Please don't take me in wrong sense.
Just comparing.

PAF JF-17 loaded with BVR SD-10BVR missile C-802 anti ship missile and areal refueling pod

34872d1387703523-pac-announces-start-jf-17-block-2-construction-sd-10.jpg

Bhai Sahab, A little bit of clarification would help. Do you mean:

1) Air Refueling Probe
2) Air to Air refueling Pod - on the centreline

Best Regards

PAF F-16 Block 52 with AGM-65 Maverick air-to-ground missile

418452.jpg
PAF F-16 Block15 firing AGM-65 Maverick air-to-ground missile

181827_577381905622056_1911230341_n.jpg

Are AGM-65's still in active service?

Thanks alot for the Info. I was just aiming to compare it with Su-30MKI & Rafale. Please don't take me in wrong sense.
Just comparing.
different league of course its like comparing Tejas with F-15.

exact like for like comparison is impossible but experts and enthusiasts do consider engine size, role, number of engines and class of the platform before comparing.

Just comparing.
You must remember that each aircraft has a different role and capability, IAF for example is not going to just field MKI or Rafale (if and when) in a war neither the JF-17 is going to fight all of Pakistan's battle.

different league of course its like comparing Tejas with F-15.

exact like for like comparison is impossible but experts and enthusiasts do consider engine size, role, number of engines and class of the platform before comparing.
Thanks buddy.:-)

Bhai Sahab, A little bit of clarification would help. Do you mean:

1) Air Refueling Probe
2) Air to Air refueling Pod - on the centreline

Best Regards

Are AGM-65's still in active service?
It's air refuelling probe, PAF doesn't deploy ''Buddy Buddy system'' and yes the Mavericks are still active.

It's air refuelling probe, PAF doesn't deploy ''Buddy Buddy system'' and yes the Mavericks are still active.

Dear Leader, since the MKI has Israeli avionic suite dont you think this is a big apprehension with the Airforce guys regarding the capabilities of Falcon's electronic warfare suites? Me saying this, Dear Leader, because Israel has a very extensive experience with F-16s and it's gadgetry.

Dear Leader, since the MKI has Israeli avionic suite dont you think this is a big apprehension with the Airforce guys regarding the capabilities of Falcon's electronic warfare suites? Me saying this, Dear Leader, because Israel has a very extensive experience with F-16s and it's gadgetry.
The likes of Eurofighter Typhoon and the F-15 Eagle probably have the most advanced avionics in the business but that didn't save them repeatedly being painted by PAF pilots flying in the older aircraft.....apart from weapons and electronics, strategy and tactics are also a major factor in a battle and rest assured the likes of a large platform like the MKI with a massive RCS are no cause of concern for the PAF.

The likes of Eurofighter Typhoon and the F-15 Eagle probably have the most advanced avionics in the business but that didn't save them repeatedly being painted by PAF pilots flying in the older aircraft.....apart from weapons and electronics, strategy and tactics are also a major factor in a battle and rest assured the likes of a large platform like the MKI with a massive RCS are no cause of concern for the PAF.

Thank you Dear Leader. But the days of 73 when Israel didnt field F-15s and 16 were different. Much simpler times. Or are they still relevant even in todays scenario?

Also JF-17's RCS is touted as to be very small, do you think this hold advantage for us? And any ideas regarding MKI's signature size?

Thank you Dear Leader. But the days of 73 when Israel didnt field F-15s and 16 were different. Much simpler times. Or are they still relevant even in todays scenario?

Also JF-17's RCS is touted as to be very small, do you think this hold advantage for us? And any ideas regarding MKI's signature size?
I was actually referring to combat scenarios which took place in 2008 and as late as 2013 ....as for the rest i would ask @Oscar, can you help with the query please.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom