What's new

P8-Is: Indian Navy’s eye in the sky

"Dil ke behlane ko galib ka khayal aachha hai"

I mean whatever man whatever makes you sleep tight :toast_sign:

The plane as of date is not complete. Almost identical to the P3 in terms of systems. But like organgzaib pointed out, its the next generation of technolgy which can be integrated in an evolutionary manner on the Neptune that makes the P8-I interesting. But as of date, except for the advantages that a jet engine offers over a turbo prop not much in terms of the rest of the systems. Basically, when it evolves over the next 10 years with more potent systems will it be completely complete...if you get the drift.

Well, P-8I is better than P-3C to operation:

P-3:

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/webphoto/web_120714-N-VD564-035.jpg
[IMG]http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/webphoto/web_121019-N-DG679-035.jpg
25_175654_62010759a6bfe82.jpg

P-8:

web_121116-N-LY958-058.jpg

web_121116-N-LY958-077.jpg

Well, P-8I is better than P-3C to operation:

??? dude, I think i've mentioned a million time. Newer airframe will of course be better with a 70's airframe!!! That's just the flying man-machine interface. The capabilities remain the same. In fact the Boeing's platform has to prove itself out like the P3C on propeller did. But the future tech integration capability is what eventually will make the P8I superior to an average P3C. But theoretically, a country not wanting to adapt a brand new airframe (cost reasons may be), can add future tech into the older P3C's.....it'll be a remod of the whole thing. But I can see some countries doing it and that may include Pakistan too. They are already getting p3C's upgraded

SO its quite confirm that IN will have at least 30 P-8Is and some other small ones as well soon??? I think LM will also going to get more order for C-130Js and another 6 of them are on order and may be the nos will go to 30 or more...

We're more likely to go with CASA-295 or SAAB 2000 based platform for medium range marine recon, as small P-8s and naval C-130 is a concept as of now.

??? dude, I think i've mentioned a million time. Newer airframe will of course be better with a 70's airframe!!! That's just the flying man-machine interface. The capabilities remain the same. In fact the Boeing's platform has to prove itself out like the P3C on propeller did. But the future tech integration capability is what eventually will make the P8I superior to an average P3C. But theoretically, a country not wanting to adapt a brand new airframe (cost reasons may be), can add future tech into the older P3C's.....it'll be a remod of the whole thing. But I can see some countries doing it and that may include Pakistan too. They are already getting p3C's upgraded
Hey, man, Did I saying anything wrong for you correct it with your explain!? And what's your "mentioned a million time" come to my post!? I don't understand it at all!!
I read your post in early and agree with them, no words to complain for you had correct me!??

We're more likely to go with CASA-295 or SAAB 2000 based platform for medium range marine recon, as small P-8s and naval C-130 is a concept as of now.

Naval C-130 concept is mouthwatering though. too good.

Naval C-130 concept is mouthwatering though. too good.

I agree:

SC-130J1-600-x-337.jpg

If MoD is smart they will go for a bulk buy of Super Hercs- 6 follow-on Spec Op transports, 10-15 Sea Herc MPAs for IN, 10 Sea Herc MPAs for ICG with 2-3 utility Hercs for the ICG, 1-2 for the NSG,2-3 for the BSF and 15-25 stripped down utility versions for the IAF. Knowing India you will get the above numbers but 3-4 different platforms/a/c!!

It fits with the IN's future unmanned SRMP as well. IN plans to use UAV's for SRMP.

I agree:

SC-130J1-600-x-337.jpg

If MoD is smart they will go for a bulk buy of Super Hercs- 6 follow-on Spec Op transports, 10-15 Sea Herc MPAs for IN, 10 Sea Herc MPAs for ICG with 2-3 utility Hercs for the ICG, 1-2 for the NSG,2-3 for the BSF and 15-25 stripped down utility versions for the IAF. Knowing India you will get the above numbers but 3-4 different platforms/a/c!!

With the range and size of this behemoth, it's anything but medium. :D

That's what i thought when i first heard it, probably installing P-8 systems on a lighter platform.
IIRC the term Boeing used was P-8 "lite" which could either mean,as you say, the P-8's systems in a smaller, less capable, platform or the same body (737-800) but with certain expensive or unneeded equipment (for a MRMPA) -like the MADs and aft radar- being removed to produce a less capable P-8 version to the "I" or "A".

IIRC the term Boeing used was P-8 "lite" which could either mean,as you say, the P-8's systems in a smaller, less capable, platform or the same body (737-800) but with certain expensive or unneeded equipment (for a MRMPA) -like the MADs and aft radar- being removed to produce a less capable P-8 version to the "I" or "A".

But IMHO, there are much better platforms at a reasonable price point than Sea Hercules or P-8 Lite, we should look into the offering of CASA and Embraer.

AIR_EMB-145_P-99MPA_Frontal_lg.jpg

Looks capable to me.

But IMHO, there are much better platforms at a reasonable price point than Sea Hercules or P-8 Lite, we should look into the offering of CASA and Embraer.

AIR_EMB-145_P-99MPA_Frontal_lg.jpg

Looks capable to me.
Looks can be decieving my freind. Unless we have the in-depth technical date on all platforms and their systems in the fray in front of us, it is hard for us to pass any judgement other than one based on superfical observations. Whilst a cheaper option may look to be comparable to another,more expensive, option on the outside it doesn't mean the cheaper one should get the deal as there could be specific reasons one is more expensive than the other and the cost may be justifiable.

Back
Top Bottom