What's new

p 17 & type 052c comparison

Now on the original subject of comparing the type 052C to the P17. While i believe this comparison to be an bit odd seeing as one is a fleet defense destroyer and the other a frigate i will nevertheless go on and do it anyway

Weight

The type 52C is 7000 tons at full displacement and the P17 6200 tons

Radar

the type 52C uses the 346 AESA radar while the shivalak uses EL/M 2238 STAR pulse doplar radar

Armament

Anti air missiles

the type 52C uses 48 HQ-9 missiles - 200 km range and capability to intercept terminal phase ballistic missiles

the P 17 uses 24 shtil missiles- 30 km range

CIWS

type 52C uses two independent type 730 gatling guns

P17 uses two directed AK 630

I don't know how many barak 1 - 12 km missiles it has. if someone knows pls tell me

Antiship weapons

type 52 C uses the 8 YJ 62- 400 km range missile

P 17 uses 8 klub- 130 km range missile or Brahmos- 300 km supersonic missile

don't know if brahmos is fitted someone tell me if it is.

the type 52C has also been seen with DH 10 cruise missiles- 2000 km range
Shivalik class aka type 17 frigate can not be compared with 052 C but still I will try to give some competition.
At wight data you are absolutely correct.
For RADAR
ELTA EL/M 2238 STAR S BAND
Range 200 to 350 KM
Aircraft detection at 150 to 250.
Missile detection 20-28 KM.
Shivalik class has 8 cell system for BARAK 1.
Yes Bramhos is fitted on this class of ships.
I have never seen any authenticated link which says it is equipped with DH10 MISSILES.

So gessler on what basis is the 52C inferior to P15A?
Anti air ? the 52C has missiles that outrange P15A's by 3 fold with BMD capabilities
Antiship? the 52C has them from 400 to 2000 km range compared to the P15A's 300 km ones
CIWS? the type 52C use autonomous type 730s compared to the directed AK630s on the P15A
only advantage i see is the 32 Barak 1 12 km defense missiles in VLU.

Otherwise the 52C is superior. This is backed by taking a comprehensive look at systems on board the two ships.
If you want to prove otherwise better do some actual research like I did.

Not to mention the fact that there are 6 type 52C completed with the first active since 2003 while the first P 15A is yet to be completed.
Never tested & yes article does states that it has limited BMD capability.
You didn't provide the link for 052C employing DH10 missile. So don't state that until you provide a link.
& for the record P15A, as you said, will employ Nirbhay cruise missile which is around 1500 to 1900KM with Bramhos hypersonic cruise missile in both mode Anti ship as well as land attack capability.
For CIWS PART
The maximum rate of fire is 5800 rd/m, and the effective range is up to 3 km for Chinese CIWS.
While indian one can engage aerial and surface targets at 4 km and 5 km respectively.It has a higher firing rate than both the Goalkeeper and Phalanx (Block 1 and older) CIWS systems. 5,000 rounds per minute,83 round/s.
Chinese CIWS has a lacking point which restricts its rate of fire & that is, it is recommended not to fire longer than a single minute at a rate of 4,200 rounds per minute, after which the generated heat would begin melting the rifles of the barrel, shortening its useful life. Oopes.
Where did you at all. Neither you provided link which I asked for. Now you again start claiming.

India's P17 + Weapons, Radars almost all imported from foreign countries

I feel so shame on You :tdown::lol::lol:
Seems like Laman12345 has got heart attack to read this comment. Let us post this again for fun.
1st these ships are being built in India by India itself. It's big feet if you can understand its motives & advantages.
2nd Basic design of Project 76 was done by the Navy's Directorate of Naval Design (DND), with a detailed designed developed by MDL.
3rd To overcome the lack of steel supply, DRDO and Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) indigenously designed and developed the AB-grade steel required.
4th thing BEL APARNA HUMSA (Hull Mounted Sonar Array) is indigenous.
5th BEL Ajanta electronic warfare suite is indigenous.
6th VLS launched BrahMos, anti-ship cruise missiles is joint ventured product of India-russia.
7th Barak SAM launchers are joint ventured product of India-israel.
8th HAL Dhruv is our indigenous helicopter onboard P17.
9th Fire Control Systems (FCS) developed by DRDO and built by BEL is being used on the Shivalik class frigates.
10th The CODOG gearboxes were designed and built by Elecon Engineering indigenously.
11th Furnishings were manufactured in India by the marine division of Godrej indigenously.
12th The CPP and associated shafting are being supplied by John Crane-LIPS (Netherlands) through their Indian partner, Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL). The LM2500 plant is rated at approximately 18,000 kW (24,000+ hp) and would be assembled by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL).
13th The order for the first three ship sets of two 16 PA6 STC engines was placed by MDL to the Pielstick Indian licensee, Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. (KOEL) at the beginning of 2000. The first two engines will be manufactured in France by S.E.M.T. Pielstick, while the subsequent engines will be manufactured in India by KOEL in their Nasik engine plant.
15th Steering gear and stabilizers are supplied by Veljan Hydair.
16th The DG sets were assembled at Wartsila Khopoli Plant. All the components of the DG sets are bought-out items. Engines are being procured from Cummins' Pune plant, alternators are from KEC Bangalore plant.
17th Switchboards for the machinery and electrical systems are being supplied by G.E. Power Controls in Bangalore.
18th Larsen & Toubro Engineering provides the helicopter land grid for the vessel.
19th The main gun on the P17 is a 76.2 mm Super Rapid Gun Mount (SRGM) made under license from OTO Melara of Italy.
20th Fire control radar for the SSMs is by a Garpun Bal.
21th One mast mounted Bharat Electronics EON-51 EO director for gunfire control.
22th Electronic warfare (EW) suite is the powerful Ellora system with active jamming capability against multiple threats.
23rd The Kavach decoy launchers are locally designed and built by OFB.
24th Navigation systems comprise two BEL RASHMI (Radar Aid for InSHore and Harbor Manoeuvring in I-band) and three COTS navigation radars.
25th The Combat Management System (CMS-17) is a locally developed system (by WESEE).The architecture of CMS-17 is a major improvement over legacy Indian developed systems
26th A large portion of the communications system, CCS Mk2, is of Indian origin with equipment coming from BEL and elsewhere. A Link 2 datalink is standard equipment.
27th Habitability standards are luxurious to the extent that the modular Godrej- Boyce supplied living quarters are spacious, and heads (washrooms) are very well appointed, much like a boutique hotel.
Indigenization
It is clear that considerable effort has been made to transfer technologies from foreign partners to Indian companies. However, one must take statements regarding the level of indigenization, typically 60-70%, on board the P17 frigates with a grain of salt. In any project of this magnitude, it is helpful to keep in mind that the process of indigenization is a gradual one and is certainly dependent on how one defines 'Indian made equipment'. If one were to adhere to the definition of indigenous equipment as 'designed & made in India', then very little of the equipment would qualify as such.

All in all, this is a very capable warship. It is a generation ahead of extant warships in Indian naval service. It's design also serves as a basis for future surface combatants going forward. It will be more than adequate to counter regional threats and to protect India's vital sea lanes.
I feel :cry: for Laman12345.
Looks like he/she has become lemon juice for some.

what a joke, Engines are imported, Radars are imported and GPS ...etc....are imported,

being built in India?! Big Mouth Liar, I just tell the truth :tdown:
Again read point 10,12,13,15,16 for Engines, 2,5,6,9,20,21,22,23,24,25,26 for radars & GPS navigation aids in post no 124.:wave:
If you still can not read it. I think it is time to pray to GOD.:lol:

So sad India a import weapons countries and BIG MOUTH here :blah::rofl::rofl:
Laminate are you having problems in reading the post 124 ??? I know it's harder than copy paste but you have to learn some English someday :D if you have anything to counter that post please share or just f@ck off than re-pasting the same crap again and agin

@MODs: aren't no value/off topic posts prohibited ??? Just asking :D

Laminate are you having problems in reading the post 124 ??? I know it's harder than copy paste but you have to learn some English someday :D if you have anything to counter that post please share or just f@ck off than re-pasting the same crap again and agin

@MODs: aren't no value/off topic posts prohibited ??? Just asking :D

According to him, unless you import it from ukraine, it does not count as indigenous ;)

I can't believe how ignorant Chinese members are. They are heavily weighed down by their
CCP-fed nonsense and a false sense of pride, even when it's clear countries like India are making much
better warships than China right now.

Let's have a very simple and very brief comparison of armament of P-15A and 052C -

THE INDIAN DDG CARRIES -

16 CRUISE MISSILES,
96 SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSILES,
180 ANTI-SUBMARINE ROCKETS, (in 2 x RBU-6000 MRLs, with 90+ rockets each)
4 DIRECTED 30MM GUNS,
1 MULTIPURPOSE 100MM GUN, AND UPTO
6 TORPEDO LAUNCHERS.

THE CHINESE DDG CARRIES -

8 CRUISE MISSILES,
48 SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSILES,
2 AUTOMATIC 30MM GUNS,
6 TORPEDO LAUNCHERS.

052C does not even have any anti-sub rocket launchers, it can carry only 1 chopper while P-15A carries 2.
and this Chinese members are in the delusion that 052C is "superior" to P-15A. What BS.:lol:

I can't believe how ignorant Chinese members are. They are heavily weighed down by their
CCP-fed nonsense and a false sense of pride, even when it's clear countries like India are making much
better warships than China right now.

Let's have a very simple and very brief comparison of armament of P-15A and 052C -

THE INDIAN DDG CARRIES -

16 CRUISE MISSILES,
96 SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSILES,
180 ANTI-SUBMARINE ROCKETS, (in 2 x RBU-6000 MRLs, with 90+ rockets each)
4 DIRECTED 30MM GUNS,
6 TORPEDO LAUNCHERS.

THE CHINESE DDG CARRIES -

8 CRUISE MISSILES,
48 SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSILES,
2 AUTOMATIC 30MM GUNS,
6 TORPEDO LAUNCHERS.

052C does not even have any anti-sub rocket launchers, it can carry only 1 chopper while P-15A carries 2.
and this Chinese members are in the delusion that 052C is "superior" to P-15A. What BS.:lol:

what did you think when they started comparing 052C with P17s :lol:

Back
Top Bottom