What's new

P-15A Kolkata-class DDG is here

That's PS.

Its a photo of an Indian Navy ship, not Chinese, so I ll have to give you a no on the photoshop. Ehmkay?

floatingphotoshop_mini.jpeg

China-Fake-Photo-01.jpg

Its a photo of an Indian Navy ship, not Chinese, so I ll have to give you a no on the photoshop. Ehmkay?

floatingphotoshop_mini.jpeg

China-Fake-Photo-01.jpg

Just like our local officials PS these kind of visits, indian military PS their military equipment lol.

Show me a video of it firing a missile from a VLS.

Don't give us PS photos and Indian edited Wikipedia pages.

Kahan se aajatey hein yeh log yaar.....Feel like using some bad words first time in my life..:pissed:

The AESA mast and the rear radar are not consistent. Please upgrade the rear radar to 21st century technology. :-)

P-15B will look a lot more "cleaner", stealthier, less cluttery like the P-17A.

The design itself is actually good, but we tend to use too many external mounted weapons and antennas, which clearly must interfere with a aim to reduce the RCS, here a Fremm class for comparison:

premiere-sortie-a-la-mer-de-la-fregate-multimissions-aquitaine.jpg

The design itself is actually good, but we tend to use too many external mounted weapons and antennas, which clearly must interfere with a aim to reduce the RCS, here a Fremm class for comparison:

premiere-sortie-a-la-mer-de-la-fregate-multimissions-aquitaine.jpg

True on external weapons,but Fremm's Radar mount is lower in height than kolkata giving lesser coverage?

That's just a pic how it "might" look like, but check similar pics of P15:

app_132_0.jpg

Looks much cleaner than the actual pic shows right? The anti sub rockets alone are a bad idea imo when it comes to RCS reductions. There must be a better way to house them behind coverings or in a shaped launcher and as much stealthy shaped the main radar is, what's the use when the rear radar is just a basic old design without any reductions at all?

Hopefully, its not like another Kalkata class destroyer. The ship maybe completed quickly. But takes over 8+ years to fitted it out, test it and induct it.

Thats because the weapons systems[heavy torpedo and SAM-barak 8]were in development and ALSO modular construction was not used.
Newer ships will use both modular construction and developed and tested weapons platforms giving much quicker time.

Back
Top Bottom