What's new

P-15A Kolkata-class DDG is here

True on external weapons,but Fremm's Radar mount is lower in height than kolkata giving lesser coverage?

Not sure about that, if the hight difference is significant it is possible, but it might depend on the power too.

Thats because the weapons systems[heavy torpedo and SAM-barak 8]were in development and ALSO modular construction was not used.
Newer ships will use both modular construction and developed and tested weapons platforms giving much quicker time.

I thought Kalkata class was build with modular design.

No,and its steel also had to be imported.
Now we neither need to import warship grade steel ,and modular construction technique is available.

No, when these ships were laid down modular construction was an unknown method here and the MoD had not even bothered to invest in setting up an in country supplier chain for warship grade steel since the folks there felt that it was not a suitable investment. There has been a paradigm shift since then but the build times will still exceed global standards due to the dependence upon foreign OEMs for sensor suites and certain sub-components (even then the build time can be contained in relative terms if existing and proven systems are selected through a streamlined acquisition process, exactly the opposite of what was done with the P-15As).

I suggest Indian members in PDF shall spend more time in Chinese section instead of trolling there.

How about if you spend more time in chinese section more than in Indian section... I don't want my Indian members open a thread post a pic(speculated***PS***) and start discussing like j**** j-**** etc stuff in Indian section...thanks but no thanks....the thread is about Kolkata class DDG... not about 52 or what ever ..

Go search in the Chinese section the 052D thread, you can get all you want. Not to offend, P15A is way behind 052D. It looks more like an mix hot pot.

Don't put P15B and 055 in the same bracket, 055 will have at least 96-128 vertical launching units. Can P15A launch cruise missile?

I think P15A could only be compared with PLA navy's 052B.

China could build the whole DDG ship including bots and nuts, what about India?

View attachment 11361

Are you kidding me? you think the Ruskies did not provide you with certain parts? why lie?

These Chinese trolls come on every Indian defence thread with their 2 cent mentality lol

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? you think the Ruskies did not provide you with certain parts? why lie?

These Chinese trolls come on every Indian defence thread with their 2 cent mentality lol
sounds like you never troll? you swear? Russian can't produce 052D TYPE of destroyer, that's the fact.

sounds like you never troll? you swear? Russian can't produce 052D TYPE of destroyer, that's the fact.

Chinese fallacies

Kolkata class DDG cannot fire CMs :-)lol:)
China builts Destroyers entirely by itself (ukranian gas turbines ...)
And now China is ahead of Russia in warship building...

Can't.Not because of lack of capability,but funds.
No Funds, no capability.

Chinese fallacies

Kolkata class DDG cannot fire CMs :-)lol:)
China builts Destroyers entirely by itself (ukranian gas turbines ...)
And now China is ahead of Russia in warship building...
Excuse me, our turbine called QC280. It's TOT from Ukraine, check it.

China plans to build 12 052D at the first batch. 8 in Jiangnan and 4 in Dalian.

Each one costs 1 billion USD.

Thats the case with China,the biggest importer of soviet developed technologies which they get from Ukraine
What's the turbine propell P15A? imported or indeginous?

Thats the case with China,the biggest importer of soviet developed technologies which they get from Ukraine
One country falls and another rises, what's the problem? Since we are rich enough to get whatever we want.

No Funds, no capability.

Excuse me, our turbine called QC280. It's TOT from Ukraine, check it.

Licensed manufactured just like GE LM 2500 on Indian frigates and destroyers are assembled by HAL

China has a GDP three times bigger than India, which means we have more choice than you have.

Licensed manufactured just like GE LM 2500 on Indian frigates and destroyers are assembled by HAL
LM2500 has many variants, which one? I've admiited GE LM 2500 is good one to go for. We inducted 4 LM2500 in 1980s.

will USA TOT LM2500 to India in the future?

China has a GDP three times bigger than India, which means we have more choice than you have.

LM2500 has many variants, which one? I've admiited GE LM 2500 is good one to go for. We inducted 4 LM2500 in 1980s.

will USA TOT LM2500 to India in the future?

No idea on which variant,and US is not cash strapped like Ukrane,you know?

Back
Top Bottom