What's new

Owning dogs in Pakistan

Is there any ideological resentment to having a dog in Pakistan at all ?

It's apparently a bit of a thing in Malaysia.

I can not remember there is hadith to kill the dogs or not, but i remember, prophet ordered his people to kill dogs in his life (when there was a dog in his home, and angel did not came), and there are hadith for it.

The Prophet did not have a dog. He had a cat named Muezza.

But of course I believe if the dog bring problem and become a pest, we can kill them.

Absolutely !

Cats are definitely lower maintenance since they mostly deal with themselves.
Dogs can be more useful but they are higher maintenance since you have to feed, wash them and clean dog shit, and they really like to play, so sometimes they will annoy you to no end so you play with them.

In a country like India where there are 35+ million stray dogs it is an active work to care for your cats and worry for them. Until about ten years ago there were cats constantly in my house. I had arranged a shelter for them on the terrace. But all of them were killed by the dogs.

Cat and elves are nice to look at, but they are fickle.

Fickle ? No, cats are gentle, sometimes playful sometimes mellow, sensitive, empathetic and sweet.

Dogs and dwarves are rowdy and dirty but they are better in a fight.

Dogs are aggressive, create chaos, are disgusting in habits and of course they kill cats.

Lastly, an ideal, harmonious human city is where there is absence of dogs and presence of cats. The humans will adopt the ways of the cat.

Last edited:
If you own dogs in Pakistan, and if they bite someone then you can enter into an agreement with the victim and kill the dogs as punishment.
And in India they will be raped

Islam does not outright reject dogs there are some conditions however. You are allowed to keep dogs for security purposes but you should have a genuine requirement. I suggest checking out Islamqa.info for further details and reasoning behind this, if you are interested.

Dogs are kept in rural areas purely due to necessity. Many people in urban areas also keep dogs as pets.

And of course, like elves and dwarves, cats and dogs hate each other LOL

Indeed. And please do read my previous post again because I have added a few things which I had forgotten.

In Pakistan, Upper Class love dogs, while lower and middle class hate dogs, one reason is dogs can bite and 2nd reason is Muslims think dogs are un-holly and prophet Mohammad ordered to kill dogs in area where he was livings, 3rd reason is also religious, Muslims think angels will not come if dog is in the house. Muslims consider dogs un-holly (not Halal) and they do not eat dogs.

That's all bullshit.

Islam does not outright reject dogs there are some conditions however. You are allowed to keep dogs for security purposes but you should have a genuine requirement. I suggest checking out Islamqa.info for further details and reasoning behind this, if you are interested.

Dogs are kept in rural areas purely due to necessity. Many people in urban areas also keep dogs as pets.

We have to be careful with this website - islamqa.info - as they seem not very intelligent and aware. I searched for "burqa" and this was one of the pages from where I quote :
The woman’s dress as prescribed in sharee’ah (“Islamic dress”) is that which covers her head, face and all of her body.

But the niqaab or burqa’ – which shows the eyes of the woman – has become widespread among women, and some of them do not wear it properly.Some scholars have forbidden wearing it on the grounds that it is not Islamic in origin, and because it is used improperly and people treat it as something insignificant, demonstrating negligent attitudes towards it and using new forms of niqaab which are not prescribed in Islam, widening the opening for the eyes so that the cheeks, nose and part of the forehead are also visible.

Therefore, if the woman’s niqaab or burqa’ does not show anything but the eyes, and the opening is only as big as the left eye, as was narrated from some of the salaf, then that is permissible, otherwise she should wear something which covers her face entirely.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The hijaab prescribed in sharee’ah means that a woman should cover everything that it is haraam for her to show, i.e., she should cover that which it is obligatory for her to cover, first and foremost of which is the face, because it is the focus of temptation and desire.

A woman is obliged to cover her face in front of anyone who is not her mahram (blood relative to whom marriage is forbidden). From this we learn that the face is the most essential thing to be covered. There is evidence from the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the views of the Sahaabah and the imams and scholars of Islam, which indicates that women are obliged to cover all of their bodies in front of those who are not their mahrams.
They are not only complaining that the woman's cheeks, nose and part of the forehead is visible they also complain that the eyes are visible. They seem to promote the Taliban-imposed Afghan-style shuttlecock burqa which has mesh in front of the eyes. :rofl:

@REhorror, do be careful.

In Pakistan, Upper Class love dogs, while lower and middle class hate dogs, one reason is dogs can bite and 2nd reason is Muslims think dogs are un-holly and prophet Mohammad ordered to kill dogs in area where he was livings, 3rd reason is also religious, Muslims think angels will not come if dog is in the house. Muslims consider dogs un-holly (not Halal) and they do not eat dogs.

This does bring up the question, what are the other muslim countries' take on dogs? Turkey and Saudi Arabia? The Taliban?

At least your younger generations there don't replace human contact with animals.

Do you know what's going on in Europe (and America)? Including my country too? People have been buying or adopting dogs and cats like crazy and even get to the point where saying they prefer animals than humans.
You go on social media and dating sites and see women's profiles stating "Dog mom" or "cat mom" and things like "if my dog doesn't like you,so do I". I'm not joking.

When it comes to my neighborhood and my city,I remember when I was a little kid 30 years ago and even much later,let's say 20 years ago,there were few dog owners in the block,few in the neighborhood in general.
Dog shit wasn't that much of a problem. Now,not just every block,but every building has at least 2 or 3 dog owners,from women,to young men to old couples. But that's not all. The last few years,various grannies and aunties in every block have been leaving food for cats. They have been feeding them every day.
Now every block in my area stinks from cat and dog shit,cat piss and food here and there.
Cats have been breeding out of control and since they are being fed constantly,they don't bother chase mice.

And with that has come another problem: Fanatic animal-lovers. If you try to stop anyone from feeding the cats,if you complain about it,if you nag about too many dogs,the animal-lovers call their clubs,NGOs and the authorities,share your name,your photos and stuff on social media,and you have a gazillion people going against you.
There's even ads on TV with some annoying female narrator reminding in a strict tone that "the authorities ARE OBLIGED TO ACT!". First they started with ads about horses and donkeys. It makes sense. Then with dogs. Then with every stray animal. Now about lizards! "Don't kill lizards!"

At least your younger generations there don't replace human contact with animals.

Do you know what's going on in Europe (and America)? Including my country too? People have been buying or adopting dogs and cats like crazy and even get to the point where saying they prefer animals than humans.
You go on social media and dating sites and see women's profiles stating "Dog mom" or "cat mom" and things like "if my dog doesn't like you,so do I". I'm not joking.
Well, it's certainly a problem when humans try to replace children with pets.
We vietnamese love dogs but we wouldn't take them over our children, ever.

Back
Top Bottom