What's new

Owning dogs in Pakistan

In Pakistan, Upper Class love dogs, while lower and middle class hate dogs, one reason is dogs can bite and 2nd reason is Muslims think dogs are un-holly and prophet Mohammad ordered to kill dogs in area where he was livings, 3rd reason is also religious, Muslims think angels will not come if dog is in the house. Muslims consider dogs un-holly (not Halal) and they do not eat dogs.

There is no Hadist said prophet ordered to kill a dog.

This Hadist is Shahih ( strong )

1629653377897.png

1629653660155.png

There is no Hadist said prophet ordered to kill a dog.

This Hadist is Shahih ( strong )

View attachment 772112

I said what i had read years ago and what i have heard from Islamic Scholars (Mullah).
Yes, it is hadith, what you shared us,
You need to search what i said,
Its also true, i found stray dogs every city of Pakistan, government only kill them (for waste), when they bite people and reports circulate on media or on people complaint.

I do not talk on religious topic mostly, you can check in google.

I can not remember there is hadith to kill the dogs or not, but i remember, prophet ordered his people to kill dogs in his life (when there was a dog in his home, and angel did not came), and there are hadith for it.

I said what i had read years ago and what i have heard from Islamic Scholars (Mullah).
Its also true, i found stray dogs every city of Pakistan, government only kill them (for waste), when they bite people and reports circulate on media or on people complaint.

No, there is no such hadith (order to kill dog). Islam is always consistent. This is why dont just believe on Mullah or some one else, always check from the source.

There are three type of Hadish and Muslim like you must Have already known :

1, Strong ( From Muslim and Bukhari / Selected by Muslim and Bukhari )
2. Weak
3. Fals

We should be careful to pass Hadith and Quran since some people may believe what you say and it means you will be part of people who mislead other people and bring Fitnah to Islam

But of course I believe if the dog bring problem and become a pest, we can kill them.

Last edited:
i have them too what you are talking about :nono:
which ones ?
What are the regular breed there?
Most common are German Shepherd Dog and Indian Spitz (which is known as Russian or Pista). Then the local ones are Bully, Gulter, Bakarwal, Gaddi. Other ones are Labrador, rottweiler, pointer etc. In the past two decades toy breeds like Pug, Shih Tzu etc have become common too.
Hope for non muslims showing humanity.

which ones ?

Most common are German Shepherd Dog and Indian Spitz (which is known as Russian or Pista). Then the local ones are Bully, Gulter, Bakarwal, Gaddi. Other ones are Labrador, rottweiler, pointer etc. In the past two decades toy breeds like Pug, Shih Tzu etc have become common too.

Hope for non muslims showing humanity.
bhagyari kutta

I can not remember there is hadith to kill the dogs or not, but i remember, prophet ordered his people to kill dogs in his life (when there was a dog in his home, and angel did not came), and there are hadith for it.
No, there is no such hadith (order to kill dog). Islam is always consistent. This is why dont just believe on Mullah or some one else, always check from the source.

There are three type of Hadish and Muslim like you must Have already known :

1, Strong ( From Muslim and Bukhari / Selected by Muslim and Bukhari )
2. Weak
3. Fals

We should be careful to pass Hadith and Quran since some people may believe what you say and it means you will be part of people who mislead other people and bring Fitnah to Islam

But of course I believe if the dog bring problem and become a pest, we can kill them.

There was a time it was permitted to kill them, but most scholars believe its to distance the Arabs away from this animal and create resentment, after a period of time a command was given to not kill them.

So the answer is NO you can't kill the animal.

Most Muslims are of the opinion it is permissible to have a dog for the purpose of security, hunting, farming, or service to the disabled

Abu Zubair heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) saying:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ordered us to kill dogs, and we carried out this order so much so that we also kill the dog coming with a woman from the desert. Then Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) forbade their killing. He (the Prophet further) said: It is your duty the jet-black (dog) having two spots (on the eyes), for it is a devil.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ أَبِي خَلَفٍ، حَدَّثَنَا رَوْحٌ، ح وَحَدَّثَنِي إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا رَوْحُ بْنُ عُبَادَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي أَبُو الزُّبَيْرِ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ أَمَرَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِقَتْلِ الْكِلاَبِ حَتَّى إِنَّ الْمَرْأَةَ تَقْدَمُ مِنَ الْبَادِيَةِ بِكَلْبِهَا فَنَقْتُلُهُ ثُمَّ نَهَى النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنْ قَتْلِهَا وَقَالَ ‏ "‏ عَلَيْكُمْ بِالأَسْوَدِ الْبَهِيمِ ذِي النُّقْطَتَيْنِ فَإِنَّهُ شَيْطَانٌ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference: Sahih Muslim 1572
In-book reference: Book 22, Hadith 59
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 10, Hadith 3813

I have always fascinated by the Islam's faith rejection of dogs as pets.
I can probably Google this but it's better to ask the guys here.

I suppose it's legal to own dogs in Pakistan, yes? And how are dogs regarded in Pakistan society? What are the regular breed there?

In Viet Nam, we own a lot of dogs, and some of us still eat them, haha, they are kind of delicacy, exotic food.
The richer and more educated people keep dogs. Poorer people might dislike them but nobody hurts strays.

Nothing wrong as long as they are kept outside the house, Once Rasool Allah was called outside by Gibrael AS, because there was a small puppy which enter Rasool's House and hid under her bed, without him knowing it.
Cats are not Najs, Prophet once used the water for ablution from which Cat has drink, Also Hazrat Ayesha RA had once let a cat eat from her plate and she then resume eating, shows that Cats are not Najs nor their saliva considered unclean like Dogs. I don't like dogs because of them licking, I might get a cat but before that I will make sure I am ready for it, as I consider myself careless person when it comes to taking care of pets.

Cats are not Najs, Prophet once used the water for ablution from which Cat has drink, Also Hazrat Ayesha RA had once let a cat eat from her plate and she then resume eating, shows that Cats are not Najs nor their saliva considered unclean like Dogs. I don't like dogs because of them licking, I might get a cat but before that I will make sure I am ready for it, as I consider myself careless person when it comes to taking care of pets.
Cats are definitely lower maintenance since they mostly deal with themselves.
Dogs can be more useful but they are higher maintenance since you have to feed, wash them and clean dog shit, and they really like to play, so sometimes they will annoy you to no end so you play with them.

Cats are definitely lower maintenance since they mostly deal with themselves.
Dogs can be more useful but they are higher maintenance since you have to feed, wash them and clean dog shit, and they really like to play, so sometimes they will annoy you to no end so you play with them.

True, but they are loyal and very good for guarding your house and life stock, but they come with their own short-comings, me personally i consider myself not eligible to take care of any animal right now, so I won't until I am then I might get a Cat or maybe a very big maybe a small dog at some point as my wife love dogs.

If you own dogs in Pakistan, and if they bite someone then you can enter into an agreement with the victim and kill the dogs as punishment.
- Pick an isolated event in Pakistan
- Generalize it for all of Pakistan

This is very Indian trait on display at Social media.

True, but they are loyal and very good for guarding your house and life stock, but they come with their own short-comings, me personally i consider myself not eligible to take care of any animal right now, so I won't until I am then I might get a Cat or maybe a very big maybe a small dog at some point as my wife love dogs.
Yeah, I prefer dogs for sure, just saying.
I think dog/cats are a (fantasy) elves/dwarves thing.
Cat and elves are nice to look at, but they are fickle.
Dogs and dwarves are rowdy and dirty but they are better in a fight.

Back
Top Bottom