What's new

Over 29,000 AK-47s procured for India's forces

No. The foreign purchase of tavors is for the para commandos and the ghataks. The regular infantry will continue to use INSAS until another rifle will be selected for the F-INSAS programme. That has not been selected yet, but will certainly be an Indian product. The Trichy assault rifle is one of the contenders.

no no..its for army..i'm talking about these..

Army in the market for new assault rifles - Times Of India

At my village home in Pakistan we have many variants of the the AK-47. In the US I have shot an AR-15 and M-16, and to be honest, they didn't come close to the power of the AK.

Bcs AK fires bigger bullets and greater recoil leading to great stopping power at short distances, but the tradeoff is accuracy at long distance and range.

Bcs AK fires bigger bullets and greater recoil leading to great stopping power at short distances, but the tradeoff is accuracy at long distance and range.

When I fired in bursts I could hit clay pots I had set up at 200-300 meters with no trouble.

At my village home in Pakistan we have many variants of the the AK-47. In the US I have shot an AR-15 and M-16, and to be honest, they didn't come close to the power of the AK.

50% correct. It's all depend on the purpose of shooting and the person who is shooting.

Trained people don't pick up AK unless they are defending something. AK has the BEST stopping power but accuracy is the cost of fire power. If you use MP5 (SMG) it's smooth but deadly accurate.

Controlled conditions perhaps.

Also look at this way.

If you were in a conflict, an AR-15 or M-16 after firing 5000 rounds might get cracks inside the gun, however with the AK that should not happen at all.

What AK 47?? Old fashion, Old technology

50 caliber browning machine gun is older than AK 47 (designed in 1918) and still in active service and will remain in service for the foreseeable future.

Also look at this way.

If you were in a conflict, an AR-15 or M-16 after firing 5000 rounds might get cracks inside the gun, however with the AK that should not happen at all.

There is no denying that AK is a reliable gun (It is said to the preferred gun to own if the end of times are near), the question is about the role it plays in battle field. AK is a good COIN weapon but not so as a battlefield rifle where you want to engage enemy at long distances, not to mention the awful recoil and less accuracy of AK. Other thing is that a soldier can carry more 5.56 than 7.62 bullets into the battlefield increasing his combat effectiveness also it saves a lot of metal vital for country's defense.

AK 47 often gets a bum rap for allegedly being an inaccurate rifle. Couldn't be farther from the truth. Any rifle is as accurate as the barrel and the round that goes through it. Problem is the military ammunition, especially with the steel core ones that are exceptionally bad quality. I have experimented with Bulgarian Mil surplus round vs the Winchester SuperX soft point and the results were astounding. My AK nearly shoots as good as any AR 15 provided I feed her good expensive ammo, With mil surp ammo, i'd be lucky to put down a can at 100 yards in 5 shots.

Full auto fire is a different regime all together.

Back
Top Bottom