What's new

Mumbai cops armed with rocket launchers, sniper rifles

But is it really tangible if I say the forces in all such cities should be well equipped???
I think such forces come under the state government , so would the state government have funds enough to equip its men???

Most of the state governments have elite police units now, I know Bangalore SWAT units are now not just in Bangalore, but there are spread across 15-20 stations, across all districts. Tamilnadu has a similar set up and also Andhra, don't know about Kerala though...anyone Kerala??

Most of the state governments have elite police units now, I know Bangalore SWAT units are now not just in Bangalore, but there are spread across 15-20 stations, across all districts. Tamilnadu has a similar set up and also Andhra, don't know about Kerala though...anyone Kerala??

There is highly trained commando force unit started after 26/11 apart from well armed Quick Reaction teams.

Till 26/11 the Mumbai cops were considered the best in India. they wiped out the entire underworld mafia in Mumbai . but in the attacks of 26/11 they for the first time encountered trained terrorists with AK 47 , they were just not equipped or trained to handle situations like this one. now they are better equipped
and well trained.

Feel pitty for malnourished indian police sticks (oh sorry men)
Post reported.

Machine is as good as man behind machine. I hope training of Mumbai police is upto mark.

I wish number of sniper rifles were more.

All major cities of India should upgrade their policing capabilities.Functional CCTVs at all important public places may be of help to great extent.
--
they ahve spec comando force ....
but govt buy these goodies and then dump it without maintenace ...and regualr tech and money support..
put CCTV network alll over
that plan is pending since long
that wil take of 50% menance regular + terrorist

They could attack literally anywhere in India , not just Mumbai . We need a special different unit to deal with the terrorists posted IN EACH AND EVERY MAJOR CITY OF EVERY STATE .
I dont know how effective will these typical havaldaars be with there huge belly and IQ as low as the room temperature against the skilled and smart terrorists .
As the saying goes "its not the machine , its the man behind the machine "

Useful to blast a hole in the room or take out all enemies in a room from distance.
You seriously need to revisit this mate. C4s are ideal to blow holes in a wall or blow up doors.
And Grenades are enough to take out people in a room.
An RPG takes out the whole FU***** Structure down.

Either it is fake news or it is not good to arm Police with such lethal weapons.
Our Police is armed with G3s T-56 Assault Rifles and PK snipers.
And people always talk like SMG-PK(HK MP5) is sufficient for police and AK variants should be reduced.
And you are giving them launchers?!!!!!!
High risk for Civilians

I remember our police once used launchers and Heavy Machine guns in a metropolis area in our town.
That was i 2004 to capture some serious terrorists. But the whole area was evacuated and seiged. After the operation was over and all terrorists nutralized, It was absolute carnage.

You seriously need to revisit this mate. C4s are ideal to blow holes in a wall or blow up doors.

Either it is fake news or it is not good to arm Police with such lethal weapons.
And people always talk like SMG-PK(HK MP5) is sufficient for police and AK variants should be reduced.
High risk for Civilians
--
it may be special force of mumbai force on e
Force One (Mumbai Police) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Useful to blast a hole in the room or take out all enemies in a room from distance.
That's what explosives and grenade launchers are meant for.The rocket launchers are more likely to be used against vehicles used by terrorists.

Modi terrorist building personal army of killers...

why else would rocket launchers be given to police?

A personal army?? Lol..

Is there a reason to believe why Police would not require one?

High risk for Civilians

You are right. But these weapons will be for special ops only, not with the common police. BTW Mumbai police hardly ever have to fire even a gun. Often months and months pass without firing a single bullet. This in a city of a crore + people. The police is good at their job of policing. Fighting is not their role, yet none ran away when Mumbai attacks happened.

I would trust them with these weapons.

STFU AH! Mumbai police reports to Maharashtra government ruled by congress. Do all PTI taliban khan chamchas just run their mouths without thinking???

Facepalm. Still didnt know about Indian federal structure, bhiya ji thoda phadh bhe liya kare comment maarne sai pehle.

Modi has no control over Mumbai. And these things bought by the Maharashtra govt., not by central, central govt. didnt providing budget to Mumbai Police.

They might look for b and c cities which are more vulnerable..... Cochin, Coimbatore, nagpur, etc etc
All this weapons will be added to three cities in Maharashtra they r Mumbai,Pune,Nagpur

Back
Top Bottom