What's new

Mumbai cops armed with rocket launchers, sniper rifles

@levina Here are some PD`s... note that there are more, but I cant exceed the limit of pics ^^

Mumbai Police
2cmu9on.jpg

Delhi Police
nip2_1551418g.jpg

Karnataka Police
28bgMYRKKHI-W11_29_1314300e.jpg

495413401-the-garuda-commondos-unit-of-the-internal-gettyimages.jpg

03ARMS03.jpg

Kerala Police
0.jpg

Agra Police
hqdefault.jpg

Punjab Police SWAT
Commandos%2Bof%2Bthe%2BPunjab%2Bpolice%2BSWAT%2Bforce%2BStadium%2Bin%2BMohali%2Bon%2BMarch%2B29%25252C%2B2011.%2BIndia%2Bface%2BPakistan%2B%2B%2525285%252529.jpg

Manipur PD

24th_poll1_1860698g-jpg.34142

@Backbencher

We have specialized units in almost every state by now (Look up) ! These guys can deal with any 26/11 style attack until these guys arrive:
xADHQwe.jpg

Last edited:
They could attack literally anywhere in India , not just Mumbai . We need a special different unit to deal with the terrorists posted IN EACH AND EVERY MAJOR CITY OF EVERY STATE .
I dont know how effective will these typical havaldaars be with there huge belly and IQ as low as the room temperature against the skilled and smart terrorists .
As the saying goes "its not the machine , its the man behind the machine "
I can understand your point but have some respect for their courage to stand against all odds.

You seriously need to revisit this mate. C4s are ideal to blow holes in a wall or blow up doors.
And Grenades are enough to take out people in a room.
An RPG takes out the whole FU***** Structure down.

Either it is fake news or it is not good to arm Police with such lethal weapons.
Our Police is armed with G3s T-56 Assault Rifles and PK snipers.
And people always talk like SMG-PK(HK MP5) is sufficient for police and AK variants should be reduced.
And you are giving them launchers?!!!!!!
High risk for Civilians
RPG can be use to blow the vehicle terrorist r using like what we saw on 26/11.

@levina Here are some PD`s... note that there are more, but I cant exceed the limit of pics ^^

Mumbai Police
2cmu9on.jpg

Delhi Police
nip2_1551418g.jpg

Karnataka Police

03ARMS03.jpg

Kerala Police
0.jpg

Agra Police
hqdefault.jpg

Punjab Police SWAT
Commandos%2Bof%2Bthe%2BPunjab%2Bpolice%2BSWAT%2Bforce%2BStadium%2Bin%2BMohali%2Bon%2BMarch%2B29%25252C%2B2011.%2BIndia%2Bface%2BPakistan%2B%2B%2525285%252529.jpg

Manipur PD

@Backbencher

We have specialized units in almost every state by now (Look up) ! These guys can deal with any 26/11 style attack until these guys arrive:
xADHQwe.jpg

Hi !!
I would like to make two points here !!
Never judge a book by its cover . These men are good and reliable if we go by the pics but we all know the ground reality that majority will be the one's I described .
I guess Mumbai is ready but if terrorists tries attacking cities like Patna and Lucknow then I can bet that the security officials out here will be the first ones to run for their lives .

Secondly I was wondering if we can have security guards outside our ATM , Banks , malls , then why not have a special task force assigned for each city that can very quickly lets say within 15 minutes respond to any terrorist activity . This way we can tremendously reduce and minimise the the lost life's from any 26/11 like attack .

I see, this thread answer my questions why some Indian Police still got their Lee Enfield rifle. It is nice to see your police forces starting to reforming and modernizing themselves.

That's what explosives and grenade launchers are meant for.The rocket launchers are more likely to be used against vehicles used by terrorists.
Grenade launchers are mostly used to launch over terrain or into windows, not to make a hole in the wall,a rocket launcher it will bring down the structure upon the terrorists, if it enters through a window or door the shockwave will kill all people inside the room.

I see, this thread answer my questions why some Indian Police still got their Lee Enfield rifle. It is nice to see your police forces starting to reforming and modernizing themselves.
Lee Enefield rifle is a classic rifle,accurate, But it won't work in urban combat, unfortunately our police has not yet fully modernized, it will be in the coming years.

opps, sorry. I've got a wrong sections.

. Then why mortar , they are not in war or naxal areas
just in case they have 2 or 3 blocks of buildings under control,mortar can bring the building down. :D

You seriously need to revisit this mate. C4s are ideal to blow holes in a wall or blow up doors.
And Grenades are enough to take out people in a room.
An RPG takes out the whole FU***** Structure down.

Either it is fake news or it is not good to arm Police with such lethal weapons.
Our Police is armed with G3s T-56 Assault Rifles and PK snipers.
And people always talk like SMG-PK(HK MP5) is sufficient for police and AK variants should be reduced.
And you are giving them launchers?!!!!!!
High risk for Civilians
Indian Army routinely uses RPG to bring down the structure if no civilian is present inside the building,why take unnecessary risks and go for a prolonged firefight and risk lives, when you can bring down the whole structure down on top of the terrorists from a distance instead of going close and planting C4 on doors or walls. :D
RPG is for that strategy.
They are preparing for any eventuality,you can't complain you didn't have the RPG option available during such situations so they are getting them for that.
After 26/11 mumbai they think that way.

Last edited:
Grenade launchers are mostly used to launch over terrain or into windows, not to make a hole in the wall,a rocket launcher it will bring down the structure upon the terrorists, if it enters through a window or door the shockwave will kill all people inside the room.
That's why I mentioned explosives,to make holes in walls to create alternate entry or exit points..Rocket launchers hardly have the power to bring the whole structure down.As far as the shockwaves in a closed room is concerned,normal grenades or grenade launchers will do the trick.The only reason I can think of the need to use rocket launchers is to deal with vehicles commandeered by terrorists.

Mumbai Police
2cmu9on.jpg

Delhi Police
nip2_1551418g.jpg

Karnataka Police

03ARMS03.jpg

Kerala Police
0.jpg

Agra Police
hqdefault.jpg

Punjab Police SWAT

Manipur PD

@Backbencher

xADHQwe.jpg

Wow!!!
They look good.

I hope they 're well trained as well.

@WebMaster
I am not getting notifications of many mentions,I missed this one too. I hope atleast you're getting all your notifications :D

just in case they have 2 or 3 blocks of buildings under control,mortar can bring the building down. :D

Indian Army routinely uses RPG to bring down the structure if no civilian is present inside the building,why take unnecessary risks and go for a prolonged firefight and risk lives, when you can bring down the whole structure down on top of the terrorists from a distance instead of going close and planting C4 on doors or walls. :D
RPG is for that strategy.
They are preparing for any eventuality,you can't complain you didn't have the RPG option available during such situations so they are getting them for that.
After 26/11 mumbai they think that way.
Indian Army do not use RPGs,we use Recoilless Rifles.

Kolkata Police mostly relies on World War 2 era rifle still. Damn "Sarkari" lethargy and apathy.

Then get Mamatadidi to get off her 'back-side' and act quickly.

Indian Army do not use RPGs,we use Recoilless Rifles.

To be precise the IA uses Carl Gustafs.
RPGs are relatively lousy weapons, which are popular only because they are cheap.

Back
Top Bottom