What's new

Option's for PAF ?

J-20 is China only.

J-31 would be available to PAF as soon as it is ready - 2020 seems realistic as the first flight of the prototype was in 2012.
The only worry is the engines and the WS-13A rated at 10,000 kg of thrust is the bare minimum to allow supercruise, but there is plenty of time between now and 2020 to make sure the engine is ready
Don't get carried away . It will make IAF to push for even more squadrons when we have enough money. Pakistan must calm down before taking hasty move.

pakistan will have to go for j10b bcoz other aircrafts are expensive...and 5th gen will be required only when india gets 5th gen...j31 will not be avialble till 2025.so till then pakistan will have to go for j10b to increase fleet size not just for countring rafale as they have alot of su30mki and they are further upgrading them in near future...other option can be F16 V ,eurofigher is expensive

PAF will not go for J-10s if Block-3 of JF-17s is coming with AESA radar and other advance goodies.

J31 boys is a prototype and I believe the chinease have one or two.

Its a FULL decade away from induction even for PLAAF never mind PAF.

J20 is a lot closer to induction by 2020 but it looks massive and maybe a bomber strike plane its over 72 feet long.

Not sure the chinease will export this yet anyway

J10 is feasible but you guys will be relying on all chinease technology air force

More F16/52 is possible but the threat of usa pak relations effecting future spares is always there for PAF.

ITS A DIFFICULT DECISION

J-10B can easily take on either Eurofighter and Rafale. Those 3 aircraft are similar in performance.

J-10A was comparable to F-16 Block 50/52 but had better aerodynamic performance due to canard-delta design

there is no sudden imbalance in South Asia, please don't take stress, the worst time was 90s and IAF can't bring that gap again with PAF now.

i am not Stressing dude ... just wanting to know the possible response from PAF , i am sure they wont be sleeping ..

A LOT OF TALK OF JF17 block 3

did I miss something when did block 2 arrive

I think that was good time for PAF. There was no jet in India to match F-16.

Even ryt now we cant match F-16, then how were we matching in 90s?

Dear in 90s PAF had a lost decade and IAF bought MKIs while PAF had trouble in maintaining F-16s. It was worst time for PAF because in 90s IAF had created a large gap which they can't maintained in this decade. PAF is continuously closing tech gap with IAF and now its not as huge as many think here.

I would love if PAF can induct j31 in pure air superiority configuration...i mean no need to wait for multirole just a stealth fighter able to fire bvr
That would put these 20 billion dollars down a drain...
worry about money you are going to forcefully spend to counter Rafale ....:D

Rafale employs passive stealth with spectra and is semi active stealth fighter with VLO on radar also.
Spectra is a game changer here. A MKI will have pretty difficult time facing a Rafale as Rafale is more capable in AOA than a MKI. Also serviceability of Rafale will be around 80-90% that itself is a major capability boost.

imo the most dangerous strike plane in the world bar the F22 Raptor

india made a GREAT CHOICE

J31 boys is a prototype and I believe the chinease have one or two.

Its a FULL decade away from induction even for PLAAF never mind PAF.

J20 is a lot closer to induction by 2020 but it looks massive and maybe a bomber strike plane its over 72 feet long.

Not sure the chinease will export this yet anyway

J10 is feasible but you guys will be relying on all chinease technology air force

More F16/52 is possible but the threat of usa pak relations effecting future spares is always there for PAF.

ITS A DIFFICULT DECISION

Who told that J-31 is a decade away?

It first flew in 2012. It will be reliant on avionic and missile technology pioneered in both J-10B and J-20. It's engines are likely to be the WS-13A initially which will fit into the JF-17 very soon. The definite version of the J-31 should be ready by around 2025 when it will be fitted with the new 5th generation engine currently in development.

2020 is very realistic for it to be ready to PAF

Dear in 90s PAF had a lost decade and IAF bought MKIs while PAF had trouble in maintaining F-16s. It was worst time for PAF because in 90s IAF had created a large gap which they can't maintained in this decade. PAF is continuously closing tech gap with IAF and now its not as huge as many think here.
The MKI was only came up in starting of last decade, that amazing.

If F-16 and JF-17 can take on brand new MKIs and Rafale, then in 90s F-16 were not able to take MiG-29? Amazing fact.

pakistan will have to go for j10b bcoz other aircrafts are expensive...and 5th gen will be required only when india gets 5th gen...j31 will not be avialble till 2025.so till then pakistan will have to go for j10b to increase fleet size not just for countring rafale as they have alot of su30mki and they are further upgrading them in near future...other option can be F16 V ,eurofigher is expensive
It will prompt IAF to go for more Su35S.

Back
Top Bottom