What's new

Option's for PAF ?

Going back a few decades, PAF acquires 40 F-16A/Bs, resulting in India purchasing Mirage-2000s, MiG-29s and eventually the SU-30s, and not long ago the Indians were referring to the MKI as Raptor of the East but as the reality sinks in that fanfare has died out, however none of these made the PAF any cause of concern and apart from purchasing a squadron of Block-52s and home producing the JF-17, PAF didn't need to take any drastic measures and concentrated on special weapons and tactics.
The purchase of Rafales by India is not news as the process has been in headlines for several years and PAF never sits idle.
Despite all the euphoria created by Indians, the Rafale like the MKI is not exactly a battle tested and proven platform, it may have carried out some ground attack sorties but to what opposition. Like the Mirages, Jaguars, Fulcrum and Flankers, it will just be another addition in the IAF, We may witness it do a flypast on Republic days.

How your Rafale will deal with a NCW capable defense force who is integrating its systems with each other to make sure that enemy can't get air dominance over Pakistani skies?? PAF now have many SAM systems not just jets which will make a wall of fire for IAF, its not 90s any more dear.

Thats what I was talking, PAF can maintain air superiority over India anyday.

HAL is PAF's best bestest bestest friend in India :rofl:
Dint you heard the news ? Mr Manohar P is up in arms to make HAL one of the best I the world . Lots of plans are going into it . With sufficient support from government and ToT of Rafale , FGFA HAL will be different entity all together

Mine ego? Its funny when BD people talk about this.

India brought Rafale for 2 primary reasons:

1. They wanted to reduce dependence on Russia - successful

2. They hoped for technology transfer that would allow them leapfrog in aerospace field - not successful.

It is ok fighter, bearing in mind it came into service in 2001, but nothing special.

you are just a fan boy who can't even make difference between 90s F-16s and MLUed current F-16s, just check what EW suite and weapons MLUed ones carry now.
You just check out what we will get in our su-30 MLU upgrade go check it out first.starts from 2017 itself.

Just see what we done with mig-29 & Mirage-2000-5 mK2 MLU

if you want to start dick measurement contest I have whole Night.

Going back a few decades, PAF acquires 40 F-16A/Bs, resulting in India purchasing Mirage-2000s, MiG-29s and eventually the SU-30s, and not long ago the Indians were referring to the MKI as Raptor of the East but as the reality sinks in that fanfare has died out, however none of these made the PAF any cause of concern and apart from purchasing a squadron of Block-52s and home producing the JF-17, PAF didn't need to take any drastic measures and concentrated on special weapons and tactics.
The purchase of Rafales by India is not news as the process has been in headlines for several years and PAF never sits idle.
Despite all the euphoria created by Indians, the Rafale like the MKI is not exactly a battle tested and proven platform, it may have carried out some ground attack sorties but to what opposition. Like the Mirages, Jaguars, Fulcrum and Flankers, it will just be another addition in the IAF, We may witness it do a flypast on Republic days.

What many here don't understand that PAF was preparing for much worse then this since long, they purchase stuff keeping future enemy capabilities in mind.

Consider the monies at stake. Let’s take the example of Brazil, our BRICS partner. For 36 Rafales the acquisition cost, according to Brazilian media, was $8.2 billion plus an additional $4 billion for short-period maintenance contracts, amounting to nearly $340 million per aircraft in this package and roughly $209 million as the price tag for a single Rafale without maintenance support. Brazil insisted on transfer of technology (ToT) and was told it had to pay a whole lot extra for it, as also for the weapons for its Rafales. But the Brazilian air force had doubts about the quality of the AESA (active electronically scanned array) radar enabling the aircraft to switch quickly from air-to-air to air-to-ground mode in flight, and about the helmet-mounted heads-up-display. Too high a price and too many problems convinced the government of president Dilma Rousseff that the Rafale was not worth the trouble or the money and junked the deal, opting for the Swedish Gripen NG instead.

During the Congress party’s rule the Indian government did not blink at the prospective bill for the Rafale, which more than doubled from $10 billion in 2009 to some $22 billion today, and which figure realistically will exceed $30 billion, or $238 million per aircraft, at a minimum. But India, unbeknownst to most of us, is apparently a terribly rich country, with money to burn! Meanwhile, the United Kingdom, an apparently poorer state or at least one more careful with its money, is blanching at the $190 million price tag for each of the 60 Lockheed F-35Bs (vertical take-off, technologically more complex, variant of the air force model)—a full generation ahead of the Rafale—ordered for the first of the Royal Navy’s Queen Elizabeth-class 65,000-tonne aircraft carriers.
Why Rafale is a Big Mistake -The New Indian Express

Used F-16's and JF-17 is about all PAF can get. There is no way that China is going to sell it front line aircraft.

PAF don't think like that Block-3 may be the most advance jet PAF will have (if all goes as planed) till J-31 arrive.

Sorry I beg to differ ! PAF is going for block 3 for economical reason . New J10B is the best fighter in PLAAF fleet but I don't think PAF can afford it too unless another soft loan from China. But don't worry you will all aid from them .

You just check out what we will get in our su-30 MLU upgrade go check it out first.starts from 2017 itself.

Just see what we done with mig-29 & Mirage-2000-5 mK2 MLU

if you want to start dick measurement contest I have whole Night.

Kindly send those now, because if war broke out now your MKIs master warning will be ringing before they will enter Pakistani skies.

PAF may go for HI-LO mix of JF-17s, it will confuse IAF pilots as they will not know what capability JF-17 had and all of them will be NCW capable making them enough potent to protect skies until 5th gen arrived. Future JF-17s will be more advance or on par of block-60s.

we are still on developing phase of block 2 buddy ... lets come to planet earth from our fantasy land ..

India brought Rafale for 2 primary reasons:

1. They wanted to reduce dependence on Russia - successful

2. They hoped for technology transfer that would allow them leapfrog in aerospace field - not successful.

It is ok fighter, bearing in mind it came into service in 2001, but nothing special.
MMRCA deal is scrapped? Thats a news for me.

BTW, what about Next generation J-10B? Its ok fighter or capable to take of F-22?

Sorry I beg to differ ! PAF is going for block 3 for economical reason . New J10B is the best fighter in PLAAF fleet but I don't think PAF can afford it too unless another soft loan from China. But don't worry you will all aid from them .

No, PAF now want to upgrade it local tech capabilities that is why block-3 is important, if JF-17 was only meant for low cost then PAF would have not signed MOU for stealthy variant of it. PAF wanted hi-lo mix of since start of program because they want to have local front line jet as it will be sanctions free.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom