What's new

Option's for PAF ?

MMRCA deal is scrapped? Thats a news for me.

BTW, what about Next generation J-10B? Its ok fighter or capable to take of F-22?

Dude, J-10B can take on Rafale and Eurofighter. All 3 aircraft are the pinnacle of the 4th generation of fighter jets.

J-20 and J-31 are designed to take on F-22.

PAF may go for HI-LO mix of JF-17s, it will confuse IAF pilots as they will not know what capability JF-17 had and all of them will be NCW capable making them enough potent to protect skies until 5th gen arrived. Future JF-17s will be more advance or on par of block-60s.
Basel you are missing the whole picture. IAF to have multi role fighters in all criteria. light Medium Heavy . That's whole new force multiplier than current IAF capabilities

we are still on developing phase of block 2 buddy ... lets come to planet earth from our fantasy land ..

Basically there are many things which are planed by military but due to funds not all are implemented.

need to go to IMF for more loan before talking about shopping.....

SAMs are useless when situated close to Indian borders 300-400 Kms is a fare game from Indian borders and I dont see pakistan has strategic depth all of its strategic installations comes under 300 kms from Indian borders.

Brahmos armed MKIs will be clearing out the SAM networks whatever pakistan can afford layer by layer and Rafales will be cleaning up strategic targets road networks, bridges, military targets under MKI umbrellas.
Pakistani awacs will be pushed towards iran or arabian sea making them basically useless,but then again Mig 29Ks will be waiting ;)

Your post show you don't know what a air war is and how small forces can defend their self. I m not talking about attacking Indian air space and dominating it I m talking about PAF maintaining air dominance over Pakistani skies.

SAMs are useless when situated close to Indian borders 300-400 Kms is a fare game from Indian borders and I dont see pakistan has strategic depth all of its strategic installations comes under 300 kms from Indian borders.

Brahmos armed MKIs will be clearing out the SAM networks whatever pakistan can afford layer by layer and Rafales will be cleaning up strategic targets road networks, bridges, military targets under MKI umbrellas.
Pakistani awacs will be pushed towards iran or arabian sea making them basically useless,but then again Mig 29Ks will be waiting ;)
Minor change ! Mirage 2KI and tejas will clean up in Western border . Rafale is solely for Eastern friend and partially for the western brother ;)

Basically there are many things which are planed by military but due to funds not all are implemented.

i am having a feel that PAF will ask US for release of those 18 remaining F-16 block 52's ... and probably look for more used F-16's like we get from Jordan ...
i am against j-10's .. no need to have the new platform which is equal to our f-16's ..

What many here don't understand that PAF was preparing for much worse then this since long, they purchase stuff keeping future enemy capabilities in mind.
It also boils down to having confidence, apparently it's against protocol for a single engine aircraft to participate in Indian republic day parades, the twin engine that do, simply make a straight and level flypast OTOH, you have PAF performing aerobatics in F-16s and relatively untested JF-17 over the heart of the capital.

Consider the monies at stake. Let’s take the example of Brazil, our BRICS partner. For 36 Rafales the acquisition cost, according to Brazilian media, was $8.2 billion plus an additional $4 billion for short-period maintenance contracts, amounting to nearly $340 million per aircraft in this package and roughly $209 million as the price tag for a single Rafale without maintenance support. Brazil insisted on transfer of technology (ToT) and was told it had to pay a whole lot extra for it, as also for the weapons for its Rafales. But the Brazilian air force had doubts about the quality of the AESA (active electronically scanned array) radar enabling the aircraft to switch quickly from air-to-air to air-to-ground mode in flight, and about the helmet-mounted heads-up-display. Too high a price and too many problems convinced the government of president Dilma Rousseff that the Rafale was not worth the trouble or the money and junked the deal, opting for the Swedish Gripen NG instead.
Why Rafale is a Big Mistake -The New Indian Express
Now digging up old articles won't help get life man

Wake up smell the air 36 aircraft All ready ordered at cost of around 7.2 Billion rest will negotiated in the end the number's will come because IAF pressure.

We made it through by end this decade we will have 2 operational squadrons of Rafale's in IAF inventory.

Basel you are missing the whole picture. IAF to have multi role fighters in all criteria. light Medium Heavy . That's whole new force multiplier than current IAF capabilities

I m not missing picture, what I m saying is that PAF don't need to rush for J-10s as they are already working to handle this threat since many years.

J-31 is Moot plane very distance from reality it has many shortcomings that's why PLAAF is interested in J-20 for it requirements.

If you pit it against mature rafale you will find it will give it run for his life that's how mature Industrial base of Western posses. let's just be Honest China is still not able stand completely on its feet in aviation need Russians for assistance unlike west they have very mature technical base.

That's why you can expect see there Aircrafts to compete with best of East with so ease.
Sorry your comment is biased to Russia. China soon would beat Russia in Electronics and engines since they have plenty of resources to do so.

Chinese now consider their j-10b and j-16 are as good as the Rafale what I think is that Russia soon needs to joint China in those fields.

Your post show you don't know what a air war is and how small forces can defend their self. I m not talking about attacking Indian air space and dominating it I m talking about PAF maintaining air dominance over Pakistani skies.
For air dominance nothing can be better than MKI that too upgraded to super standard will be awesome combo for shear Power and Technology

We are talking about 270 supper su 30 with AESA,144 rafale,100+ might 29 & mirrage, 150+ tejas mk1 & mk2 ,144+ FGFA taking on PAF with 200+- 4th & 5th generation platforms majority of which would be j f 17, look like our edge will remain @sancho @Abingdonboy
Iceing on the Cake : Rumoured Su35S under trails in India for the past 2 years .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom