What's new

Opportunity Calling : Invest in Chitral and Gilgit baltistan

I work in 2 European countries...we work on strawberry breeding but before breeding happens we have a look at plants (DNA level) and deduce what the plant is capable of based on its DNA (genetic material it can pass to its progeny).

We study this and cross breed - trying to put best traits in 1 plant to make a perfect one... :)
Nice , keep up the good work ! and make us proud .

So how the F*ck do you invest there if you can't buy property there ?

I'm from Gilgit . Born in Yasin , and mostly grown there , till i was 5 or maybe 6 . My father is from Chilas area and surroundings so can speak a bit of Shina too . My mothers father side is from Hunza . Where i have a lot of Family too , and i go there from time to time . Have a huge Family . extends to all of GB ,even Skardu . LOLZ .

i have tons of friends from gligit,chilas area ....good to see a GBian on Pakistan Defence

Why not Naran , Kaghan . Quite a place .

So all those who were saying Pakistanis can't buy land in GB was wrong ?

I am of Kashmiri ethnicity, I think under the law I can purchase land in Azad Kashmir and GB. I think I would have to get an ID card made from Azad Kashmir and I would be eligible.

@krash

Please clarify whether I am right about that.

Who knew , right ?

Amen.

@WAJsal it won't matter as @krash wants Kashmir and GB to go to India ! :mad:

Ever since we ended up with an Indian bhabi shes been making him more and more Pro-India by the minute ! :angry:

In fact a few weeks ago when someone asked him whether he recalled the National Anthem he replied 'Sareiii jahan seh achaaa Hindustan......' before realizing what he had said and then made excuses to cover it up.....apnaa Krash Bhai tou brainwash ho giyaa haiii hamariii Indian bhabi keh haathoon ! :(

Woah woah woah! How do I say this without sounding racist....Indian women aren't my type, like not even remotely. And I've known quite a few of them. Btw they have a thing for Pakistani guys, if Butt Sahib wants I can hook you up with a few :P They call us Kashmiris 'gori chamri'.

Also you brought back some memories man. Many times I had to walk back home from Uni late at night in blistering cold. Alone on deserted streets, home sick as hell, I used to sing our national anthem aloud all the way back home. Amazing what that did for me.

Liez! LIEZ!!!!!!

Why not Naran , Kaghan . Quite a place .

Can't buy jack there. The whole valley is owned by a single guy/family and they don't sell even an inch. My Dad has tried a couple of times to no avail. They lease it out though.

So how the F*ck do you invest there if you can't buy property there ?

You invest through locals.

I am of Kashmiri ethnicity, I think under the law I can purchase land in Azad Kashmir and GB. I think I would have to get an ID card made from Azad Kashmir and I would be eligible.

@krash

Please clarify whether I am right about that.

Sadly my friend its not as simple. You need to hold AJK nationality and last I heard AJK nationalities weren't being granted any more and even if they are now it will be a tricky process. Also GB id holders cannot buy land in AJK while an AJK national cannot buy land in GB.

However there are other, not very legitimate ways that come with their own risks.

KPK is easier but comes with its own bucket full of problems too. Most of the times you can throw some money at them to make them go away at times you just can't.

I'm also an ethnic Kashmiri and my Dad's faced these headaches for years. You sift through everything to find the perfect plot with the perfect view with perfect seasonal accessibility, you solicit for months and then realize that for some super stupid reason or person you just can't have it.

Last edited:
Woah woah woah! How do I say this without sounding racist....Indian women aren't my type, like not even remotely. And I've known quite a few of them. Btw they have a thing for Pakistani guys, if Butt Sahib wants I can hook you up with a few :P They call us Kashmiris 'gori chamri'

How do I say this while sounding racist ! :D

Indian women aren't my type either ! :tongue:

Our Pakistani women are the best.....the most beautiful ! :pakistan:

Sorry , can't . I'm in Karachi . I can give you the location .

That might not be helpful until and unless I can get someone to go there and get me some pix :(

@Akheilos You're in luck, Im going to Hunza-Khunjerab. Will be in Gilgit on the 21st and then tentatively on the 27th on my way back this month. Tell me what you need of the strawberries, I'll try to do my best to get it for you.

@WAJsal yarra if you could provide me with a contact in Gilgit or better yet in Hunza for the berries or any info that would be great.

How do I say this while sounding racist ! :D

Indian women aren't my type either ! :tongue:

Thou hath saved our people from great shame brotha!

Last edited:
@WAJsal yarra if you could provide me with a contact in Gilgit or better yet in Hunza for the berries or any info that would be great.
Not anywhere near Hunza . In fact the opposite direction . Yasin Valley , to be more precise .

Not anywhere near Hunza . In fact the opposite direction . Yasin Valley , to be more precise .

O' oh. That's Ghizar, if I'm not mistaken, way off the KKH. That won't be possible. But I'll still try to look around for some with the locals. Since they are in Yasin chances are that there will be some north of Gilgit as well.

Last edited:
Teray moan mein ghee shakar par kia karoan mein sheikh hoan aik chamach say ziada nahe doan ga aur ap butt hain aik parat say kum nahe lain gay :angel:

@Akheilos You're in luck, Im going to Hunza-Khunjerab. Will be in Gilgit on the 21st and then tentatively on the 27th on my way back this month. Tell me what you need of the strawberries, I'll try to do my best to get it for you.
I am not sure if it is too early to see flowers or fruits...but if we have a special breed which flowers or fruits out of the normal well educated period, it would be interesting...

I will mention you in the strawberry thread :)

Thank you!

Do share some pictures bro . Plus if you are going in Baltit fort , on the way you will see a Polo ground , which now they use for Cricket and Football , right across the ground you see a small 'Gali' anyway i have got family right over there . Some upper area . Some lower . Anyway enjoy . If you want to eat some Cherries and Apricots etc , etc , don't hesitate asking the locals . LOLZ .
O' oh. That's Ghizar, if I'm not mistaken, way off the KKH. That won't be possible. But I'll still try to look around for some with the locals. Since they are in Yasin chances are that there will be some north of Gilgit as well.
You are right . In fact it's a little further away from Ghizar . Quite a heavenly place . Have my mothers mother side of the family there , such a lovely place . Fresh Fish , fresh food . Fresh everything . Would love to live there .
Since they are in Yasin chances are that there will be some north of Gilgit as well.
Could be , just print a couple of pictures of wild Strawberries and ask the locals . they might help .
I am not sure if it is too early to see flowers or fruits...but if we have a special breed which flowers or fruits out of the normal well educated period, it would be interesting...
If i'm not wrong the fruits are almost ready by now . Wish i was going , would help you too .

Back
Top Bottom