What's new

Opportunity Calling : Invest in Chitral and Gilgit baltistan

That is early....The strawberry season here starts in late May (very rarely) but mid June is the best time...
I think the weather plays a role , if i'm not wrong . Don't know the science behind it . I know they are almost ready . Apricots will be completely ready in a month , Cherries almost ready . Apples , depending on the type . Almonds and Walnuts and all these the very last ones.

I think the weather plays a role , if i'm not wrong . Don't know the science behind it . I know they are almost ready . Apricots will be completely ready in a month , Cherries almost ready . Apples , depending on the type . Almonds and Walnuts and all these the very last ones.
That is interesting...Yes weather plays a part depending on the variety....

In Strawberries we have BOTH short day and long day plants ....1 fruits in early to mid Autumn and the other in Late Spring and early Summer (some Mid summer)....So I am curious to know when the ones in Pakistan fruits...Would be an interesting study....

That is interesting...Yes weather plays a part depending on the variety....

In Strawberries we have BOTH short day and long day plants ....1 fruits in early to mid Autumn and the other in Late Spring and early Summer (some Mid summer)....So I am curious to know when the ones in Pakistan fruits...Would be an interesting study....
I know for a 100% the one's i saw and ate were in june-july season .

I am not sure if it is too early to see flowers or fruits...but if we have a special breed which flowers or fruits out of the normal well educated period, it would be interesting...

I will mention you in the strawberry thread :)

Thank you!

Although I have no idea about strawberries but the general blossoming season is over in the valley and fruits would soon be ripening.

No worries at all.

Do share some pictures bro . Plus if you are going in Baltit fort , on the way you will see a Polo ground , which now they use for Cricket and Football , right across the ground you see a small 'Gali' anyway i have got family right over there . Some upper area . Some lower . Anyway enjoy . If you want to eat some Cherries and Apricots etc , etc , don't hesitate asking the locals . LOLZ .

Oh you don't need to worry about the pictures ;) I remember the ground, will check out the gali. And man every time I go north I come back with more bags of almond filled apricots than I can carry. A really good friend in Barrah always sends me back with a whole borri of them :D Once the crop had been ruined and he didn't have enough so the whole town pitched in to complete the borri against my protests.

You are right . In fact it's a little further away from Ghizar . Quite a heavenly place . Have my mothers mother side of the family there , such a lovely place . Fresh Fish , fresh food . Fresh everything . Would love to live there .

I can imagine. Ghizar is breathtakingly beautiful and not known enough for it.

Could be , just print a couple of pictures of wild Strawberries and ask the locals . they might help .

Great idea, I'll take out the pictures you posted earlier.

If i'm not wrong the fruits are almost ready by now . Wish i was going , would help you too .
[/quote]

Yarra your thoughts alone are very well appreciated :) But don't worry, I'm pretty much at home up there. The illegitimate son of the Mir of Hunza is a really good friend. Great guy.

Last edited:
Yarra your thoughts alone are very well appreciated :) But don't worry, I'm pretty much at home up there. The illegitimate son of the Mir of Hunza is a really good friend. Great guy.
Nice ! illegitimate as in ...? elaborate . My nana used to be an advisor for the ruler back at some point of time . Then i think Bhutto changed the law or something . Thus the reason why i have so much family in Hunza . My mothers father side is from Hunza , lolz
I can imagine. Ghizar is breathtakingly beautiful and not known enough for it.
You have no idea , bro . When it rain , ahh nothing beats that . Plus it get's quite chilly at night , very chilly . LOLZ , what a place .

Nice ! illegitimate as in ...? elaborate .
Illegitimate as in John Snow :p: Son born out of wedlock. I've never probed him much about it since its a touchy issue. He also runs his own hotel smack in front of the Darbar (belongs to the Emir), his beef is deep.

My nana used to be an advisor for the ruler back at some point of time . Then i think Bhutto changed the law or something . Thus the reason why i have so much family in Hunza . My mothers father side is from Hunza , lolz

Nice! Think you're talking about 1974 when the State of Hunza became a part of FANA and came under the federal rule. Since then "The Emir" has been just an honorary title.

You have no idea , bro . When it rain , ahh nothing beats that . Plus it get's quite chilly at night , very chilly . LOLZ , what a place .

Mouth watering! I've only crossed Ghizar once on my way from Shandur to Gilgit yet the images that I saw will never be forgotten.

Illegitimate as in John Snow :p: Son born out of wedlock. I've never probed him much about it since its a touchy issue. He also runs his own hotel smack in front of the Darbar (belongs to the Emir), his beef is deep.
cool .
Nice! Think it was around 1974 when the State of Hunza became a part of FANA and came under the federal rule. Since then "The Emir" has been just an honorary title.
maybe.
Mouth watering! I've only crossed Ghizar once on my way from Shandur to Gilgit yet the images that I saw will never be forgotten.
In autumn when you are driving through that road .
Plus , there are two roads one that leads to Shandur and the other one is what leads to place i'm talking about . Hy , there is a lake there . And a bridge too . Have you seen it ?

cool .

maybe.

In autumn when you are driving through that road .
Plus , there are two roads one that leads to Shandur and the other one is what leads to place i'm talking about . Hy , there is a lake there . And a bridge too . Have you seen it ?

Are we talking about the road that shoots off towards the north from Gupis or the one after that (when coming from Shandur towards Gilgit)? Those are the only two I remember and I think there were bridges on both of them but don't remember a lake, just the river :(.

Are we talking about the road that shoots off towards the north from Gupis or the one after that (when coming from Shandur towards Gilgit)?
The one leading to Shandur . Just a little a head you see a bridge leading to a valley . It's what i call a mini lake , lolz . Have you been to shandur ? when ?

The one leading to Shandur . Just a little a head you see a bridge leading to a valley . It's what i call a mini lake , lolz . Have you been to shandur ? when ?

I think I remember something like it.

I set out in late may and came back around early June. Think it was 2010 or 2011. Didn't get to see the festival :( But I will IA.

I think I remember something like it.

I set out in late may and came back around early June. Think it was 2010 or 2011. Didn't get to see the festival :( But I will IA.
LOLZ , you have not lived , my friend .

Back
Top Bottom