What's new

Operations in Dir and Buner

purely in terms of history ..... I dont think so .

Going by the opinions regurgitated by most Indians, undoubtedly so.

India has never initiated aggression against Pakistan (1971 and 1984 being clear counters to that).

A glossing over of India's role in destabilizing East Pakistan.

A glossing over of Nehru's role in sinking the UNSC resolutions in the fifties, which his quotes indicate he never had any intention of fulfilling.

And in modern times the demonization and dehumanization of Pakistan and a 'brainwashing of Indians' by the use of distortions such as the one about defence spending and selective and skewed reporting of the situation in Pakistan.

Its amazing how many Indians come to this forum equating the socio-economic conditions in Pakistan with those in North Korea. :disagree:

with the economic state its in today, hardly surprising appraisal ..... your forex are down and your economy a mess and you are unable to meet your IMF loan repayments.

What does this have to do with anything?

The question was regarding the defence budget as a proportion of the overall budget.

Going by the opinions regurgitated by most Indians, undoubtedly so.

India has never initiated aggression against Pakistan (1971 and 1984 being clear counters to that).

A glossing over of India's role in destabilizing East Pakistan.

A glossing over of Nehru's role in sinking the UNSC resolutions in the fifties, which his quotes indicate he never had any intention of fulfilling.

And in modern times the demonization and dehumanization of Pakistan and a 'brainwashing of Indians' by the use of distortions such as the one about defence spending and selective and skewed reporting of the situation in Pakistan.

Its amazing how many Indians come to this forum equating the socio-economic conditions in Pakistan with those in North Korea. :disagree:

ah I conceed 1984, none other though. As for Nehru, he had given an undertaking about the implementation of resolution, Pakistan didnt have the guts to implement the same as it was very likely that J&K would go with India in aftermath of the invasion. And I have mentioned quite a lot of times that if you raise the issue, first elucidate on why the Pakistani withdrawl from regions under it never took place in the first place which was the first step on implementation of the resolution? Stop crying over this issue when you have no moral basis for it.

no one ie being brainwashed. am sure if you were to read about your economic condition and balance of payments, with relation to your overall defense spendings, you shall find you are in very dre straits whether you like it or not. Socio-economic conditions are a very important aspect of the overall security of any nation state and as such your conditions are terrible.

Am not equating you yet with North Korea. There is a gernralised large scale starvation there, but no immediate danger to collapse of state authority. Pakistan is a different ball game.

Your own PRO of PA Maj. Gen. Abbas just now on BBC World TV conceeded that army is acting too late in the day against Talibs in Swat/Buner region and that there is no writ of state authority there anymore.So hardly brain washing, its understood you are a clear and present danger to your own self as also us.

Am not responsible for other fellow posters of Indian origin who at times even make me want to tell them to atleast read and come

What does this have to do with anything?

The question was regarding the defence budget as a proportion of the overall budget.

the post was a comment on saadahmeds to saadahmed's contention. If you do spend that amount of US $4 Billion, then it does mean you are spending quite a huge portion of your revenues. Your forex were about US $ 5 Billion just a few days back. Now how do you hope to pay back the loan etc as also maintain adequate expenditure for social development?

And its about 4 % of GDP this year

At least 40 militants killed in Dir operation

1359 PST, Monday, April 27, 2009

At least 40 militants killed in Dir operation - GEO.tv

9dfcdfa530ce8e865869a9de36553b59.gif

-------------------------------------------------

DIR:
At least 30 to 40 militants have been killed as security forces operation speed up in district Dir.

Commander FC Brigadier Amalzada Khatak while talking to Geo News said search operation is underway in the area and situation is completely comtrol.

Earlier, security forces operation has entered into second day in Dir. Heavy shelling carried out overnight at militant hideouts in Madan and Kal and other areas of district Dir.

Indefinite curfew has been imposed in Lal Qila, Islampura, Kal Kot and other adjoining areas. Security forces tool control of Lal Qila, a key territory in tehsil Madan. The locals welcomed the action of security forces.

DCO Dir Ghulam Mohammad has issued the circular of closure of government schools in tehsil Madan. All markets are also reported closed in the Madan area.

these talibs are not muslims...they promote their firqa and forget islam
God bless army which is fighting for muslims not for any particuler firqa

Sure..i have phoned to my czn.he is saying that till now Army is doing target killing.But 9 civilians have killed too..
we appreciate the way army using..

Atleast people having problems with the Army and FC would be soothed now.

Did someone listen to the IG FC's interview on Geo? Among other things that he said, most notable was that these talibans are no match for the LEAs, the are still roaming above the ground just because the military have not been using its entire might, just a little kicking the a$$ here and there.

Sure..i have phoned to my czn.he is saying that till now Army is doing target killing.But 9 civilians have killed too..

Well collateral damage would be there, both things can't go together, either you let the talibans to roam around or bear the lose as friendlies would be killed accidentally. It is bad and should be condemned but it is part and parcel of any COIN and Anti-terrorist operation.

As for the target killing..i can only smile on this:)

which agency you belong?

i am from bajor and my tribe mamond fought with talibs along with army...tribal ppl in my area hate talibs... its only with they help from out siders talibs consolidated we are with army and will remain

tribal ppl want peace...
u talk about colletral damage...well when army is conducting operation there is bound to be colletral damage
but let me asure you troops never slaughter talibs nor they distroy or loot property of people... its kharji fitnah of presend day which do it with pride

ah I conceed 1984, none other though. As for Nehru, he had given an undertaking about the implementation of resolution, Pakistan didnt have the guts to implement the same as it was very likely that J&K would go with India in aftermath of the invasion. And I have mentioned quite a lot of times that if you raise the issue, first elucidate on why the Pakistani withdrawl from regions under it never took place in the first place which was the first step on implementation of the resolution? Stop crying over this issue when you have no moral basis for it.

no one ie being brainwashed. am sure if you were to read about your economic condition and balance of payments, with relation to your overall defense spendings, you shall find you are in very dre straits whether you like it or not. Socio-economic conditions are a very important aspect of the overall security of any nation state and as such your conditions are terrible.

Am not equating you yet with North Korea. There is a gernralised large scale starvation there, but no immediate danger to collapse of state authority. Pakistan is a different ball game.

Your own PRO of PA Maj. Gen. Abbas just now on BBC World TV conceeded that army is acting too late in the day against Talibs in Swat/Buner region and that there is no writ of state authority there anymore.So hardly brain washing, its understood you are a clear and present danger to your own self as also us.

Am not responsible for other fellow posters of Indian origin who at times even make me want to tell them to atleast read and come

Ok as for NEHRU and KASHMIR the only reason we never pulled out the troops is because we DIDN'T TRUST U!!!! because u ran to the UN not us....from our point of view we thought u had gone to the UN to by yourself time to consolidate your position...

Ofcourse we are saying we are acting too late against the TALIBAN....because when we wished to make a fence on the BORDER JUST LIKE U GUYS AND ISRAEL DID....with AFGHANISTAN we were not allowed by the US or AFGHAN government......as for our socio-economic situation well currently alot of countires in the world are getting bail outs from IMF for example Austria,ICELAND etc....so i guess everyone has a deficit running and spiralling out of control......and if you read properly cuz you claim to read please read PAKISTAN SPENT $34 BILLION on WOT and got in return $11BILLION....so basically instead of the WORLD CRYING & POINTING FINGERS AT US....they should be thankful to PAKISTAN for fighting the war FOR THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! go read something properly HELLFIRE BOY............:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

This is part of the war.This is bound to happen.I will be against Army if Soldiers behead civillians.If they flog women in public..

Yes, although the US has had to learn the hard way. I understand the FC was set up in Pakistan to deal with these issues but has it's resources diverted to the army instead?

Actually the issue is history. Remember the Police forces in what is now Pakistan were setup by the British and like most British forces, the police were (and still are mostly) unarmed. The police were setup on provincial lines and in each province a much smaller "armed contingent" was raised to deal with problems as they arose, for example the Punjab Armed Police (PAP) which last I checked was still active in India. In the Frontier due to its special issues you actually had two; Frontier Constabulary and the Frontier Corps. FC is setup on regular army lines (unlike the Constabulary) with proper regiments and battalions (called wings).

The FC is pretty well armed, they are led by regular army officers for the most part. Since independance they have been doing pretty much every thing except for their actual remit, they served as auxillary troops in Kashmir and in the wars, been loaned out to other provinces when needed, guarding embassies world wide etc.

When the FC faced taliban-AQ militants in 2004 for the first time, what they did well in Wana and other places, they pretty much annahilated them. The problems that the FC and regular army faced in FATA began in 2007 when the place blew up again after the Red Mosque incident. FC had as a result of the operations in 2004 been spread out all over FATA in penny packets, as a result the militants (and there numbers were swelled after the Red Mosque fiasco) would attack one or two isolated posts in strength and the terrain being what it was it meant that the posts would pretty much be on there own until reinforcements would come in, and that could take hours in what is the worst terrain in the world. For the most part the attacks would lead to dead militants but on occassion they succeeded-and these were the ones reported. In addition most of the tribes had turned against the Government after the Red Mosque siege and were actively opposing the Government. When the FC and indeed army went in, they often took casualties, and although they took all the objectives they were set. And we are where we are, with a heavy FC presence in all areas.

As for why regular army is not being used, simple they are not trained for this task, yes units can and are being retrained, (on average battalions earmarked for FATA undergo training for three months before being sent) but when say; a mechanised infantry battalion stationed in the southern desert is sent to the area (and in 2007 many were) it is going to be fighting a very different battle from the one it was tarined to fight-for years which is to support a major armoured thrust into Rajestan as opposed to chasing militants across a mountain range where the valleys are higher than the tops of the Alps (and I am not kidding here); well its a waste of money. Far better to use the assets that you have; which is FC.

Zob

Ok as for NEHRU and KASHMIR the only reason we never pulled out the troops is because we DIDN'T TRUST U!!!!

Sure. Or you didnt trust the so called "opressed people" you wanted to free from the Maharaja's "tyranny" really would even support you in light of the rape and plunder at the hands of your sponsored "non-state" actors! Pakistan has mastered the act of using non-state actors since then. And please Nehru himself was Kashmiri!

because u ran to the UN not us....from our point of view we thought u had gone to the UN to by yourself time to consolidate your position...

That was the mistake that PM of ours made against all sanity. Should have listened to Thimayya and Sardar Patel and this problem was over as aim was to take Lahore and not settle for anything less.

because when we wished to make a fence on the BORDER JUST LIKE U GUYS AND ISRAEL DID....with AFGHANISTAN we were not allowed by the US or AFGHAN government

so you do agree you have no independent foreign policy or for that matter internal policy? either china or US decide what you do!!!!!:cheers:

......as for our socio-economic situation well currently alot of countires in the world are getting bail outs from IMF for example Austria,ICELAND etc....

who is talking currently? and they are not spending a whopping amount on "defence" against an enemy who is least interested in them .........

and if you read properly cuz you claim to read please read PAKISTAN SPENT $34 BILLION on WOT

it spent? sir that includes the losses made in terms of financial investments for their supposed "role in WOT" wherein there was loss of investor confidence in the Pakistani economy which is busy in only one industry nowadays - suicide bombers!!

Pakistan took money even for the bullet proof vests for its soldiers on western front from NATO/US!!!!

go read something properly HELLFIRE BOY

I can read and have the faculties to analyse and assimilate what I read ..... but what about you? Persisting in a delusive approach only to satisfy your egos!

Back
Top Bottom