What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

1. If PA announced this operation, then these terrorists would have escaped like they have already started but on a bigger scale. So from security point of view this doesn't make sense. I'd say this operation should have started earlier!!
  2. Hope not just KPK government, but all provinces start working proactively to mitigate the refugee situation
  3. IK's statement, is just an "half ***" attempt. He SHOULD have been more supportive. This is like saying "meh ok if you have started it, well good luck"

There was no need to announce it, but at least they should have taken KPK administration and political parties into confidence and prepared for IDP situation. This would have helped in gaining political and public support for operation. And limited activities were already being carried out, so deployment of troops at exist routes and air strikes could have still continued before main offensive started.

What I posted above is NOT IK's statement. I hope he makes this kind of statement. As expected NS acted in the dumb and mughlia way, but I hope IK acts better for Pakistan's cause.

PTI leader imran khan must come out with a statement. This is the turning point of his political career. Say "i support it" and continue his politics and become a major force in pak politics or say "i dont support it" and watch as his entire party is destroyed and his political career ends.

If he doesnt support this operation then at the very least i will not support imran khan anymore. You just cant support a guy who is not willing to kill the bastards that are destroying your country but i am hopeful that he will come to sense and his statement will be positive.

This murtad lodhi sure sounds like @Pak-one dont he? @Fulcrum15

That made me lol. I believe he is Sahir Lodhi the nakli Shahrukh.

Back at topic: I still believe only TTP and IMU held villages should be targetted. Haqqanis should be forced to relocate to Afghanistan and Gul Bahadur told to stop attacking Afghanistan and live a normal life.

Very sad to see the KPK govt. not supporting the operation. Unless Imran Khan comes out in clear term to support this operation he is goingt to lose all the respect.
Kudos to PPP, MQM and Federal Defense Minister Khwaja Asif who are supporting the operation very strongly.

Best wishes to all the security forces and to the innocent civilians of Pakistan. May these tribal thugs rot in hell. No mercy. No prisoners. No 're-education'.

Finally, it may sound controversial, but MQM cadre be given prominent powers and role in taking down the tribal thugs in Karachi for next few months. Working with security forces MQM can clear Karachi effectively.

ANP have also come out for support i think.

People of north waziristan should migrate to comparatively colder Afghanistan. In 40 plus temperature of KPK, life in tents would be azaab

Yeah...and why don't you go and start fighting along with your brethren in North Waziristan.

I am sure you would get your angels as well!

There was no need to announce it, but at least they should have taken KPK administration and political parties into confidence and prepared for IDP situation. This would have helped in gaining political and public support for operation. And limited activities were already being carried out, so deployment of troops at exist routes and air strikes could have still continued before main offensive started.

What I posted above is NOT IK's statement. I hope he makes this kind of statement. As expected NS acted in the dumb and, but I hope IK acts better for Pakistan's cause.

Ideally parliament or some special group of parliamentarians should have taken this decision. But given the reputation of our politicians, the news would have definitely leaked out in wrong quarters.

@IK's statement, my bad. I thought you were quoting him. And yes I agree; NS should come out on national TV (if he hasn't already). And IK should be unequivocal in his support for this operation.

So which militant groups will be targated in this operation beside TTP and IMU?. Hafiz gul bahadur and haqqani network, will they be also targated?

An analyst (ex military) said it would be targeted against trouble maker. So most likely TTP and IMU et el.

PTI leader imran khan must come out with a statement. This is the turning point of his political career. Say "i support it" and continue his politics and become a major force in pak politics or say "i dont support it" and watch as his entire party is destroyed and his political career ends.

If he doesnt support this operation then at the very least i will not support imran khan anymore. You just cant support a guy who is not willing to kill the bastards that are destroying your country but i am hopeful that he will come to sense and his statement will be positive.
Quite a silly statement.....I don't know when we will learn to respect the diversity of opinion....If he disagrees, let him. Just become someone's stance or point of view doesn't suit you, you have no right to pass judgement....This puts you right alongside talibans as they are not different than what you're doing here.....

He thinks he's still running a charity.

Sometimes difficult decisions likes these have to be made to protect a nation. Imran does not get that and his attempt to get into bed with the terrorists to try and end their attacks is his biggest blunder and will remember him as being on the wrong side of history.

We will know who is for Pakistan and who is for Taliban. JI leader Siraj ul Haq has already come out and said that JI will not be part of this operation. But this is not unexpected from a party that was against creation of Pakistan to begin with.

Personally I have never doubted that Imran Khan ; his misdirected love for Taliban aside; is a patriotic Pakistani. This is our war now and Pakistan army is fighting to save Pakistan. PTI leadership must stand up and be counted.

An analyst (ex military) said it would be targeted against trouble maker. So most likely TTP and IMU et el.
Just a question...why is that PAF makes wholesale killing of terrorists in air strikes but all the prominent leaders of TTP , AQ and its outfits have been the victims of US drones? Always what I heard is that "Many important leaders of TTP were killed in strikes" but never a name.....How certain we are that we are hitting the right spots at right time?

Back
Top Bottom