What's new

Operation Rah-e-Nijat (South Waziristan)

"You used to post fair and sane posts but now you're just being a deuce. Genocide?"

The above is your response to me, sir.

I made my comment to Javed3 and it was a facetious retort to his willingness to kill every single human within 50 km of the afghan border.

Surely you can see his comment and my reply. Nowhere did I suggest that the P.A. is engaged in genocidal activity. Clearly I was suggesting that Javed3 might be desirous of such. Even so, I wasn't entirely serious about his insinuation.

I'm neither drunk nor appreciate the insinuation. I do wonder now about your reading comprehension but hope that it is actually a case of a minor misunderstanding by you of the conversation between two others.

Thanks.

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — A Taliban spokesman has denied Pakistan's claims of battlefield victories in an offensive in tribal South Waziristan, saying the militants are drawing government soldiers into a trap.
Azam Tariq says the militants are purposefully withdrawing from some areas to bring government soldiers further into Taliban territory.
He said in a telephone call Tuesday with The Associated Press that "We are prepared for a long war."

Tariq also denied army claims that dozens of militants have been killed, saying only 11 have died so far.

In mid-October, the Pakistani government launched an offensive in the South Waziristan tribal region, viewed as the main stronghold in the country of both the Taliban and al-Qaida. The offensive has drawn retaliatory militant attacks across Pakistan.

The Associated Press: Pakistan Taliban: 'We are prepared for a long war'

:blink:

Wow, i didn't know these rats were so brave & smart !. Last week their casualities were only 1 and now it's 11?:rofl::rofl:. With brave souls like these, they should be sitting in Islamabad:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Our Airforce is bombing their hideouts, army is kicking their a**es from 3 sides but yet these rats have enough time to 'give interviews'? Strange. Indian & Western Media is trying it's best to spread as much propoganda as possible.:angry:

We all saw what happened to these 'brave' rats in SWAT, the same will happen in SWA too, InshAllah. Propoganda against Pakistan has never worked and nor it ever will !:)

"You used to post fair and sane posts but now you're just being a deuce. Genocide?"

The above is your response to me, sir.

I made my comment to Javed3 and it was a facetious retort to his willingness to kill every single human within 50 km of the afghan border.

Surely you can see his comment and my reply. Nowhere did I suggest that the P.A. is engaged in genocidal activity. Clearly I was suggesting that Javed3 might be desirous of such. Even so, I wasn't entirely serious about his insinuation.

I'm neither drunk nor appreciate the insinuation. I do wonder now about your reading comprehension but hope that it is actually a case of a minor misunderstanding by you of the conversation between two others.

Thanks.
my apologies, it was a misunderstanding on my part for thinking your reply was toward me, but that's because in your reply box the tab indicated, "iphone reply". Anyway, you're not drunk, but you're still a douche for other comments you made. :)

"I have explained my reasons for why I think the military should keep control over the flow of information from the CZ - people like Bill Roggio who pounce on every bit of negative information and distort it to push a particular agenda cement my belief that information related to short term objectives failures/successes should be controlled to avoid out of context reporting and dissemblance that we often see in the Western and Pakistani media."

I see. A BLOG has so intimidated you that you fear the entire western and Pakistani press. An "A" for your honesty but that would not seem a basis for such an overarching decision. Clearly Mr. Roggio can be denied press credentials by somebody like you within ISPR. Why must that include the rest of mankind's fourth estate?

Well, control away and reap more of the harvest from such a dubious slant but it goes far to explain your tap-dancing on an independant investigation within Pakistan. Naturally I, btw, presume you've qualified investigators to handle such internally and nowhere did I suggest that this yet deserves the attention of any internat'l body.

Hmmm...never imagined you to be somebody who'd stage-manage information until today. I can easily see your propensity to such now.

I can only hope you ABANDON such a position before it blowsback upon you. More than ever, your military's operations appear to need scrutiny from somebody other than the ISPR if you are to be any indication.

Its not one Bill Roggio or Poggio type people who have zero insight into how militarizes work or any other one. But it is the entire media circus and press in general. Perceptions can win or lose such a war very easily (Remember Vietnam?). So having some control over information from an active battlefield is 100% part of this war. ISAF's failure to control perceptions on their side of the border is evident to all.

"Anyway, you're not drunk, but you're still a douche for other comments you made."

Back at ya' slimeball.:)

"Perceptions can win or lose such a war very easily (Remember Vietnam?)."

Vietnam wasn't won or lost because of the press.

Pakistan's control of it's press is far more damaging to perceptions than anything one or many reporters might contrive. The problem here is you lack a press with sufficient diversity of reporting content and style.

This creates a uniform message internally, perhaps but is not an issue with western and modern news agencies. DESERT STORM and OIF benefited greatly from embedded press and our armed forces, who should know as they lived with these reporters, have had very little cause for complaint.

The fact here is that you fear your army being projected in a bad light. Why, I don't know unless your army is conducting itself in a manner that might call to question its conduct? That's a soldier problem-not a press problem.

A.M. says there are no civilians inside the combat area. I don't believe him and suspect that this is a rationale to turn the area into a free-fire zone whether de-populated or not by true civilians.

Nobody will really know, will they? Therefore nobody will really know how many innocents might be the unwitting targets of your army's destructive means.

Evidently that's o.k., though. Comes with living in a society where so many of your civil, governmental, and military institutions remain malformed.

Continue shaping your message to meet the approved domestic content requirements imposed by the ISPR.

Carry on, sir, as you're bent to do.:disagree:

Thanks.:usflag:

Where the hell Talibans have gone? it has become walk in the park for PA! SWAT operations was more difficult than this by the looks of it.

"Perceptions can win or lose such a war very easily (Remember Vietnam?)."

Vietnam wasn't won or lost because of the press.
Tell that to any Vietnam vet. I've met a few and each time, the role of the liberal press was bought up with some disgust. Not saying the press alone did anything, but it sure played a part in events like the Tet offensive.

Pakistan's control of it's press is far more damaging to perceptions than anything one or many reporters might contrive. The problem here is you lack a press with sufficient diversity of reporting content and style.
There's no control of the press. The press is free. They're just not allowed to roam around an active battlefield and then cry when they get hurt or killed. This is Waziristan we're talking about, not Kansas. Even when there was no war, regular Pakistanis from outside the region had to have local contacts to go there, in case they got caught up in tribal warfare or kidnapping.

This creates a uniform message internally, perhaps but is not an issue with western and modern news agencies. DESERT STORM and OIF benefited greatly from embedded press and our armed forces, who should know as they lived with these reporters, have had very little cause for complaint.
Press already got a few visits. For embedding journos like they do in Western armies, frankly we don't have many resources to divert for a journalists care and trust me most of our journalists will require a lot of care and will panic the fist time they are in a situation where someone fires at them. Western journalists will just be a liability for whatever unit they're in.

The fact here is that you fear your army being projected in a bad light. Why, I don't know unless your army is conducting itself in a manner that might call to question its conduct? That's a soldier problem-not a press problem.

Why don't you embed journalists at Gitmo and other detainee sites and see how that works out for you? No matter if these are the best run prisons in the world, the US will suffer from negative press.

A.M. says there are no civilians inside the combat area. I don't believe him and suspect that this is a rationale to turn the area into a free-fire zone whether de-populated or not by true civilians.

Nobody will really know, will they? Therefore nobody will really know how many innocents might be the unwitting targets of your army's destructive means.
Just like nobody really knows how many civilians die in all the bombing videos released by the Pentagon or how many civilians died in Fallujah or throughout the Iraq war and Afghan wars in each firefight through US force.

"Nobody will really know, will they? Therefore nobody will really know how many innocents might be the unwitting targets of your army's destructive means." Right back at ya

Evidently that's o.k., though. Comes with living in a society where so many of your civil, governmental, and military institutions remain malformed.

Continue shaping your message to meet the approved domestic content requirements imposed by the ISPR.

Carry on, sir, as you're bent to do.:disagree:

Thanks.:usflag:

Love the condescending attitude, so carry on indeed. The next time there's a Waco or Ruby Ridge in your country, I hope they embed press with the ATF and FBI raiding teams. Let me know how that turns out for you. :pakistan:

Most Pakistanis back war against Taliban: poll

ISLAMABAD: A majority of Pakistanis support military action against the Taliban although more people blame the US for the violence, a poll released on Tuesday showed. According to a Gilani Research Foundation poll conducted by Gallup Pakistan, an affiliate of Gallup International, 51 percent of people support the offensive. A majority supported the action, only 25 percent of respondents said the Taliban were responsible for the offensive with 35 percent blaming the US and 31 percent the government. Thirty-six percent of people thought the offensive would improve security while 37 percent said it would lead to deterioration, the poll found. 37 percent of people considered it Pakistan’s war while 39 percent saw it as America’s war.

reuters

Troops regain control of Sararogha, kill 21 Taliban

* Military considering advance on Makeen

Staff Report

RAWALPINDI/PESHAWAR: Security forces have killed 21 more Taliban in South Waziristan, the army said on Tuesday as troops secured a major success in the offensive by regaining control of the strategic town of Sararogha after intense battles with the Taliban.

“Yes, the forces entered Sararogha and gained control of this stronghold... after intense clashes with the Taliban,” a defence official told Daily Times. He said troops were making steady progress towards winding up the operation before snow started falling in the region. A soldier was also killed in fighting. “We have reinforced positions in and around Sararogha and an advance on the Taliban headquarters of Makeen is under consideration,” official sources told

Daily Times.

Most Pakistanis back war against Taliban: poll

ISLAMABAD: A majority of Pakistanis support military action against the Taliban although more people blame the US for the violence, a poll released on Tuesday showed. According to a Gilani Research Foundation poll conducted by Gallup Pakistan, an affiliate of Gallup International, 51 percent of people support the offensive. A majority supported the action, only 25 percent of respondents said the Taliban were responsible for the offensive with 35 percent blaming the US and 31 percent the government. Thirty-six percent of people thought the offensive would improve security while 37 percent said it would lead to deterioration, the poll found. 37 percent of people considered it Pakistan’s war while 39 percent saw it as America’s war.

reuters

I thought we had were all over this moot-point of support a couple of months back.

What exactly is this hitherto unknown research foundation trying to state besides the obvious?

I thought we had were all over this moot-point of support a couple of months back.

What exactly is this hitherto unknown research foundation trying to state besides the obvious?

sorry dont have their tel.no otherwise i would have suggested u call them to find out for all of us!

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Taliban leader arrested from Dir

PESHAWAR: Security forces arrested an important Taliban leader from Lower Dir district on Tuesday, sources said. The sources said Maulvi Shahid was among key Taliban leaders operating in Maidan area of Lower Dir district. The NWFP government had announced a Rs 500,000 reward for Shahid’s arrest.

staff report

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom