What's new

Operation Peace Spring in Northern Syria : The Turkish initiative to create safe zone

What's Turkey's end game after establishing a safe zone?

Are they going to hand it to the regime or is it going to become part of them as a buffer until everything settles down?

Also, what about the rest of the YPG areas? Are they going to ignore it or continue the operation until the yellow part is replaced by green/red?

EGdh0eRWkAApBrE

The other yellow area is part of a phase 2 i believe.

I think the area will be held until there is peace in Syria and then returned to the government of Syria. Turkey recently agreed to respect the territorial integrity of Syria in a three way meeting with Iran, Turkey and Syria.

Need to expedite armor employment (while taking care of ATGM teams) in order to encircle the YPG e.t.c

Need to expedite armor employment (while taking care of ATGM teams) in order to encircle the YPG e.t.c
Yes they must carefully or Al Bab event will happen again
ATGM very deadly. The crew may save but the tank itself damaged

Pkk didnt use uniform patches etc, so theyare unlawful combagant. If they are capturr they can excuted

Btw are this turkish operation have impact on turkey development of military technology? Also many spare part for f16 etc.

Last edited:
Yes they must carefully or Al Bab event will happen again
ATGM very deadly. The crew may save but the tank itself damaged

Pkk didnt use uniform patches etc, so theyare unlawful combagant. If they are capturr they can excuted

Btw are this turkish operation have impact on turkey development of military technology? Also many spare part for f16 etc.

I am not Turkish so I don't know the specifics w.r.t their parts situation but I believe TUAF started stocking them in light of probable CAATSA sanctions.

Obviously real life combat use of equipment improves the learning curve in R&D.

Z-10s were almost forced (as per a PA aviation Colonel) by the Chinese on us. Our usage and subsequent return helped them in improving it.

Back
Top Bottom