What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Is this to finalize the entry of ground? I am looking at it from a legal constitutional (the GCC constitution/legal framework and the individual constitutions of the GCC countries) point of view.

---------------------------------------------

April 29, 2015

Yemen to request Gulf Cooperation Council membership
'We will present a plan in Saudi Arabia next month,' says spokesman

Yemen's government will request membership in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the country’s spokesman said on Wednesday.

“We will present a plan in Saudi Arabia next month that will prepare Yemen to be included in the GCC,” Rajeh Badi told Reuters by telephone from Qatar.

Al Houthi rebels’ tanks and sniper fire killed at least 12 civilians overnight in Yemen’s Aden as they advanced toward the centre of the city, residents said, and a Saudi-led coalition airdropped arms to anti Al Houthi fighters in the city of Taiz.

Local fighters backed by Arab coalition air strikes nationwide have been battling the Iran-allied Al Houthis for a month but on Wednesday the militants had taken several more streets in the port city.

Al Houthis took the capital Sana’a in September, demanding a more inclusive government, and swept south, rattling top world oil exporter Saudi Arabia and its allies, who fear what they see as expanding Iranian influence in the region.

Fighting was still raging in the Khor Maksar district of Aden, seen as the main bulwark against Al Houthis, early on Wednesday.

Residents and city officials said the group shelled government buildings and residential neighbourhoods controlled by their armed opponents, and dozens of families had fled. “The world, the coalition and the United Nations need to step in urgently to save our neighbourhood, which has truly become a disaster area after this indiscriminate shelling,” resident Ali Mohammad Yahya said.

Several Arab air strikes pounded Al Houthi positions in the city’s suburbs, residents said.

About 200 km to the north, Arab aircraft dropped weapons for tribal and Islamist militiamen fighting Al Houthis in the city of Taiz, where they have been battling the group with heavy artillery in city streets for days.

Talks with President Abd Rabbo Mansour Hadi collapsed in early April and he went into exile. Chaos then set in as the Iran-allied Al Houthi militiamen fought their way south, battling loyalist army units and regional tribes.

Yemen to request Gulf Cooperation Council membership | GulfNews.com

Is this to finalize the entry of ground? I am looking at it from a legal constitutional (the GCC constitution/legal framework and the individual constitutions of the GCC countries) point of view.

April 29, 2015

Yemen's government will request membership in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the country’s spokesman said on Wednesday.

“We will present a plan in Saudi Arabia next month that will prepare Yemen to be included in the GCC,” Rajeh Badi told Reuters by telephone from Qatar.

Al Houthi rebels’ tanks and sniper fire killed at least 12 civilians overnight in Yemen’s Aden as they advanced toward the centre of the city, residents said, and a Saudi-led coalition airdropped arms to anti Al Houthi fighters in the city of Taiz.

Local fighters backed by Arab coalition air strikes nationwide have been battling the Iran-allied Al Houthis for a month but on Wednesday the militants had taken several more streets in the port city.

Al Houthis took the capital Sana’a in September, demanding a more inclusive government, and swept south, rattling top world oil exporter Saudi Arabia and its allies, who fear what they see as expanding Iranian influence in the region.

Fighting was still raging in the Khor Maksar district of Aden, seen as the main bulwark against Al Houthis, early on Wednesday.

Residents and city officials said the group shelled government buildings and residential neighbourhoods controlled by their armed opponents, and dozens of families had fled. “The world, the coalition and the United Nations need to step in urgently to save our neighbourhood, which has truly become a disaster area after this indiscriminate shelling,” resident Ali Mohammad Yahya said.

Several Arab air strikes pounded Al Houthi positions in the city’s suburbs, residents said.

About 200 km to the north, Arab aircraft dropped weapons for tribal and Islamist militiamen fighting Al Houthis in the city of Taiz, where they have been battling the group with heavy artillery in city streets for days.

Talks with President Abd Rabbo Mansour Hadi collapsed in early April and he went into exile. Chaos then set in as the Iran-allied Al Houthi militiamen fought their way south, battling loyalist army units and regional tribes.

Will Hadi request entrance on Facebook?:D Just kidding. But it'll only happen if Shia get the same rights as the rest. So at least to have the level of rights the Saudi shias have.

saudi drones just drop out of the sky for houthis

CD75XdjVIAAjFwp.jpg

Saudi send clerics on a mission to undermine Pakistan and many can see through it

Frustrated by Pakistan's insistence on remaining neutral on the Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen, the Gulf nation has looked to exert religious influence over its South Asian ally.

Shaikh Khalid Ghamidi, an Imam at Islam's holiest site, the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, is to deliver a Friday sermon at Pakistan's largest mosque, a week after he rushed to Pakistan to lobby the support of Pakistani citizens in the Saudi battle against Yemen's Shia Houthi rebels.

Ghamidi's visit followed an earlier one by the religious affairs minister, Sheikh Saleh bin Abdul Aziz, immediately after Pakistan's parliament angered Arab allies by urging the government not to become involved in the Yemen conflict; which has been seen as some as proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Shaikh Ghamidi has exploited every opportunity to defend the Saudi invasion of Yemen, telling a conference organized by Pakistani religious parties that the Houthi rebels intended to attack Islam's holy cites of Mecca and Medina.

Saudis turn to religion to bend Pakistan's Yemen policy Anadolu Agency

And stay out

CD75XdjVIAAjFwp.jpg

Saudi send clerics on a mission to undermine Pakistan and many can see through it

Frustrated by Pakistan's insistence on remaining neutral on the Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen, the Gulf nation has looked to exert religious influence over its South Asian ally.

Shaikh Khalid Ghamidi, an Imam at Islam's holiest site, the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, is to deliver a Friday sermon at Pakistan's largest mosque, a week after he rushed to Pakistan to lobby the support of Pakistani citizens in the Saudi battle against Yemen's Shia Houthi rebels.

Ghamidi's visit followed an earlier one by the religious affairs minister, Sheikh Saleh bin Abdul Aziz, immediately after Pakistan's parliament angered Arab allies by urging the government not to become involved in the Yemen conflict; which has been seen as some as proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Shaikh Ghamidi has exploited every opportunity to defend the Saudi invasion of Yemen, telling a conference organized by Pakistani religious parties that the Houthi rebels intended to attack Islam's holy cites of Mecca and Medina.

And stay out

How fast you turn that in your propaganda machine. The drone did an emergency landing in the Saudi border, located by Saudi people. Here are some other photos.
IMG_5292-0.jpg

38Rdgc0.jpg

You want to score some point for your propaganda machine kid? Go play away, we will keep on slaughtering the Houthis till they vanish.

CD75XdjVIAAjFwp.jpg

And stay out
Who is she sadaf shaheen ?any xyz?

How fast you turn that in your propaganda machine. The drone did an emergency landing in the Saudi border, located by Saudi people. Here are some other photos.
IMG_5292-0.jpg

38Rdgc0.jpg

You want to score some point for your propaganda machine kid? Go play away, we will keep on slaughtering the Houthis till they vanish.

Firstly, If I wanted to post cheap propaganda i'd be posting Saudi soldier deaths before they are confirmed by your royals but I wait for confirmation. I know about saudi losses before you do. Many sources said it was houthis so I posted it. I didn't say it was shot down (its domesticity made I have little faith in it).

Furthermore its not my fault arab media is saying how great the war is going and how amazing the new prince is. Do you even know your royals killed up to 40 somalian migrants and no i didn't post that. Gulf media passed the operation a success yet hadi isn't back and houthis and army haven't lost territory or disarmed. Not my fault western starting to question what has been achieved so far. Nearing the end of the sixth week and no ground forces :omghaha: saudis could at least send a small batch of special units at aden to help southern separatists but not even that.

Furthermore, I am more infuriated with saudis sending religious figures abruptly to undermine Pakistan's decision, which is picked up by journalists and individuals. What gives you the right are you some super progressive society which Pakistan can learn from? Next these figures will be advocating their views on women driving since they have no qualms about interfering in internal politics. There is lobbying and then there is some unethical s*** like this. The sheer arrogance like how you put Pakistan part of the coalition when it was not which led to a lot of confusion. You and other saudis who think this is ok you can put your views on forward but you do not.

Lol, like they have killed 3000 Houthis till now?
Actually yes, about 3000+ of them have been killed. Adding "lol" before or after will not change anything in facts.

Firstly, If I wanted to post cheap propaganda i'd be posting Saudi soldier deaths before they are confirmed by your royals but I wait for confirmation. I know about saudi losses before you do. Many sources said it was houthis so I posted it. I didn't say it was shot down (its domesticity made I have little faith in it).

Furthermore its not my fault arab media is saying how great the war is going and how amazing the new prince is. Do you even know your royals killed up to 40 somalian migrants and no i didn't post that. Gulf media passed the operation a success yet hadi isn't back and houthis and army haven't lost territory or disarmed. Not my fault western starting to question what has been achieved so far. Nearing the end of the sixth week and no ground forces :omghaha: saudis could at least send a small batch of special units at aden to help southern separatists but not even that.

Furthermore, I am more infuriated with saudis sending religious figures abruptly to undermine Pakistan's decision, which is picked up by journalists and individuals. What gives you the right are you some super progressive society which Pakistan can learn from? Next these figures will be advocating their views on women driving since they have no qualms about interfering in internal politics. There is lobbying and then there is some unethical s*** like this. The sheer arrogance like how you put Pakistan part of the coalition when it was not which led to a lot of confusion. You and other saudis who think this is ok you can put your views on forward but you do not.
Somebody is so so pissed off right now, let's add some salt on the wound, shall we?:p:

yemen_aden_satellite_040315%20%281%29.jpg

yemen_aden_satellite_042915.jpg

April 29, 2015

Isn't there a visa free agreement for GCC members? What happens if Yemen joins and millions of Yemenis go to Dubai & Qatar & Bahrain?

'Limited' coalition force on ground in Aden: Yemeni official

A "limited" number of Saudi-led ground troops deployed in Yemen's second city Aden on May 3 to support loyalist militia fighting rebels, a government official and a militia commander said as Saudi Arabia rules out launching any major ground operation.

"A limited coalition force entered Aden and another force is on its way" to the southern port city, AFP quoted the official, who requested anonymity, as saying.

The Saudi-led coalition has been conducting an air war against the Huthi rebels and their allies since March 26 but this is the first reported ground deployment inside the country.

A leading member of the popular committees, a locally recruited militia loyal to exiled President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi, told AFP that the force "will start helping us in fighting the (Shiite) Huthis and (former president Ali Abdullah) Saleh's forces".

He said the troops will mainly back pro-Hadi fighters around the rebel-held international airport, which was the focus of renewed heavy fighting overnight.

Other militia commanders confirmed that a few dozen coalition soldiers, mostly Saudis and Emiratis of Yemeni origin, were on the ground in Aden.

The coalition declared an end to its Operation Decisive Storm on April 21, saying the campaign would enter a new phase dubbed Renewal of Hope focused on political efforts, aid deliveries and "fighting terrorism".

Coalition spokesman Brigadier General Ahmed Assiri had said repeatedly during the first phase that a ground intervention was on the table if needed.

Brigadier General Ahmed Asseri told Reuters that the Saudi-led coalition has not started any major ground offensive there were no non-Yemeni forces fighting in Aden, but said the coalition would continue to assist local militias fighting the Houthis. He said he could not comment on whether the coalition had deployed any special forces to Aden.

'Limited' coalition force on ground in Aden: Yemeni official - MIDEAST

• file-03-anti-houthi%20forces.jpg

Southern Popular Resistance fighters gather on a road during fighting against Houthi fighters in Yemen's southern city of Aden on Sunday. May 3, 2015. The Saudi-led coalition battling rebels in Yemen denied reports that a major ground force had landed Sunday in Aden. (Reuters)
Coalition says no major ground force in Aden | Arab News
RIYADH: The Saudi-led coalition battling rebels in Yemen denied a major ground force had landed Sunday after reports of the deployment of troops in main southern city Aden.
“I can assure you that no (coalition) forces disembarked on the ground in Aden today,” coalition spokesman Brig. Gen. Ahmed Assiri told the Saudi Al-Ekhbariya news channel.
Speaking to the Doha-based Al-Jazeera news channel, he said that the coalition “cannot comment on future or ongoing operations” and that “all options are open.”
“The coalition leadership will not spare any effort to support the resistance and achieve positive results on the ground,” Assiri said.
Asked to comment on images of men wearing helmets and carrying sophisticated weapons in Aden, Assiri said: “It is not in the interest of the security of operations or the safety of those carrying them out to announce details.”
The Saudi-led coalition has been conducting an air war against the Houthi rebels and their allies since March 26 but Sunday saw the first reported ground deployment inside the country.
A government official in Aden as well as coalition-backed militiamen in the port city told AFP that a “limited” number of coalition ground troops had deployed in the city to support loyalist forces fighting rebels around the airport.

Does Any body have any news about these reports that KSA navy attacked Aden port and tried to capture the port some reports even claimed upto fifty ship and boat participated in the attack?

Does Any body have any news about these reports that KSA navy attacked Aden port and tried to capture the port some reports even claimed upto fifty ship and boat participated in the attack?
they are deploying commando units to scout for Pakistani and Egyptian soldiers

Finally the arab coalition have a winner poor Senegal is sending 2100 conscripts soldiers. Indicates how capable Saudi ground forces are. I guess Sisi said no then lol. I thought this was an arab only affair.

Last edited:
City of Najran in Saudi border is attacked by Houthis?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom