What's new

Operation against Chotu Gang in Rajanpur

Chotu gang has surrendered.. They have given up arms and chotu has called all its men to surrender.. They had only one condition.

They will not be handed over to police and will stay under army imprisonment. Their trial will happen in army courts..

They trusted the army over those police men.

Why am i not surprised....

Heck of a clean up needed for local police otherwise this will continue to happen

Why am i not surprised....

Heck of a clean up needed for local police otherwise this will continue to happen

No doubt.. The police and the politicians must be worried sick since they have captured them all alive and chotu looks willing to talk. Police involvement is massive in their rise l.

Chotu gang has surrendered.. They have given up arms and chotu has called all its men to surrender.. They had only one condition.

They will not be handed over to police and will stay under army imprisonment. Their trial will happen in army courts..

They trusted the army over those police men.
Where did you hear this? I don't see anything on the news websites yet.

If true Rana Sanaullah must be already out of Pakistan lol

Where did you hear this? I don't see anything on the news websites yet.

If true Rana Sanaullah must be already out of Pakistan lol

News channels reporting this about two hours ago. Don't know the update right now. You better pray its not our media being unprofessional. :p

News channels reporting this about two hours ago. Don't know the update right now. You better pray its not our media being unprofessional. :p
Chotoo gang releases hostage policemen, surrenders to Army in Rajanpur
IMRAN GABOL — PUBLISHED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO

LAHORE: Members of the Chotoo gang surrendered to the Army and were taken into custody by the armed forces, police sources said early Wednesday.

Twenty four policemen taken hostage by the gang at the start of the Rajanpur operation, Zarb-i-Ahan, were released, sources said.

A senior police officer earlier told Dawn that the gang had been using the hostages as a human shield to protect their women and children.

Police launched the Rajanpur offensive after a go-ahead from the Interior Ministry last week. After at least six police officials were killed and 24 others taken hostage, the Army announced on April 16 that it would be taking over the operation.

Director General Inter-Services Public Relations Lt-Gen Asim Bajwa had said a cordon was being reinforced and police and Rangers had already been deployed to participate in the operation under the Army.

The Chotoo gang, led by Ghulam Rasool, alias Chotoo, was given a deadline by the Army to surrender on Monday, failing which, the Army said it would begin a full-scale operation in the area.

A source in the police department said that Chotoo had demanded safe passage for himself, his family and some loyal accomplices to proceed to Dubai in return of safe release of the captive policemen, Dawn earlier reported.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1253264/ch...tage-policemen-surrenders-to-army-in-rajanpur

finally being reported on websites.

Who is giving them safe heaven in Dubai? Just so Dubai can use these guys in Gawadar?
That's why I said its sound weird, he is known criminal and no country give him a place to settle in and again question raised the news has valid source or just another rubish.

Any details about equipment used by Military?
Cobra? T80? o_O
I can see T80UD here ......
IMG_20160420_120804.jpg

Very poor performance by pakistan army and police

Mass surrender with little bloodshed and alive prisoners is poor performance.. Wow this is the first time I have ever heard of this.

Its the opposite. Excellent performance bcz they surrendered, released the hostages safely and are now under our possession and we can extract information about their group and their backing and how they became so powerful.

Chotoo leaks to come! Before the police operation began, there were reports that the gang was willing to surrender to the Army and the outcome is the same. Police wanted gunship helis so they could eliminate the evidence. This will be a big blow to many as Chotoo has had various governments protection and direct support.

Back
Top Bottom