What's new

Open Debate l Ex-UAE Mirage 2000-9s for PAF, aye or nay ?

PAF Should acquire the Ex-UAE Mirage-2000-9s as a stop gap?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the topic, I remember we heard PAF has 64-65 ROSE I/III/III turns out PAF have a total of 80-85 ROSE I/II/III but I am not sure how many Grifo M3 delivered which is as good as APG-68 but one of the sources say 35 only but I am sure PAF must have bought atleast 50. I do not have information about ROSE I/II/III loses though.

Only ROSE 1 is equipt with radars.

Waste money waste of time.just stop wasting poor taxpayers money--Sofar only block 52 could be seen a better decision other block 52 squadron should have been the priority--why buying old junks from around the world--Thunder must become modern backbone of PAf needs bigger airframe better radar heavy investment in this project is also essential--J10 is a great option wonder why some old school minds seating making stupid decisions for future air Superiority

Hi,
Because the J10B are inferior to the F16 BLK52's and Mlu's-------paf can buy the F16's whenever it wants to---there is no restriction on it.
We just got a sqdrn of F16 last month----the jordnian ones----.
Paf has decided that the core of its power base is going to be the F16---as the pointman, it is going to be the F16----well---then that does not leave any room for the J10B----it does not fit into any kind of picture that the paf wants to portray---.
With JF17 on one side---it only leves room for a heavy fighter aircraft or the M2K9.

What do you think about the list I provided. Its on page 9.

150 F-16s, I think PAF will want more F-16s if there is delay in production of J-20s and J-31s. First I thought PAF will get 200 or 250 F-16s but for now I put a modest number of 150.

250 JF-17s, PAF can only afford JF-17s in higher number. What is your opinion? JF-17s can server all roles. Interceptors, fighters, bombers and anti-ship role.

50 J-20s, I think PAF will want them for long range bombers, they will also serve as a secondary air superiority fighter. With their range alot of bases in the region will become easy target. 75 J-20s should be the goal.

100 J-31s, Primary role interceptors and fighters. Secondary role bombers and precision anti-ship role. 150 should be bought.

Waste money waste of time.just stop wasting poor taxpayers money--Sofar only block 52 could be seen a better decision other block 52 squadron should have been the priority--why buying old junks from around the world--Thunder must become modern backbone of PAf needs bigger airframe better radar heavy investment in this project is also essential--J10 is a great option wonder why some old school minds seating making stupid decisions for future air Superiority

PAF is saving money for 5th generation jets, that is why J-10 was dropped, for J-20 and J-31. They bought F-16s because PAF has alot of training on it and it is only good option available with the money they got.

S Holmes, we have all read the interview PAF is focusing on JF-17 that is why J-10 is dropped, PAF is looking for more F-16s and perhaps Mirage 2000-9s. No plans for 5th Gen not for the next 10-12 Years.

What do you think about the list I provided. Its on page 9.

150 F-16s, I think PAF will want more F-16s if there is delay in production of J-20s and J-31s. First I thought PAF will get 200 or 250 F-16s but for now I put a modest number of 150.

250 JF-17s, PAF can only afford JF-17s in higher number. What is your opinion? JF-17s can server all roles. Interceptors, fighters, bombers and anti-ship role.

50 J-20s, I think PAF will want them for long range bombers, they will also serve as a secondary air superiority fighter. With their range alot of bases in the region will become easy target. 75 J-20s should be the goal.

100 J-31s, Primary role interceptors and fighters. Secondary role bombers and precision anti-ship role. 150 should be bought.

PAF is saving money for 5th generation jets, that is why J-10 was dropped, for J-20 and J-31. They bought F-16s because PAF has alot of training on it and it is only good option available with the money they got.

Hi,

It will take awhile for the J20 and J31's. These planes are not going to be available for sometime.

150 F16's& 250 JF17's is good number.

news suggests that Islamabad is negotiating with Abu Dhabi for a possible purchase of UAE’s Mirage-2000-9 fleet. UAE is planning to replace its Mirage fighters with 30 American F-16E/Fs (in the near future). If Pakistan succeeds in acquiring these second-hand Mirage-2000-9s, it’ll become the only nation in the world to operate all Mirage variants (IIIs, Vs, 50s, and 2000s) side-by-side.

2018 Will be a comfortable window for either these Mirages or Norwegien F-16s.
If we get our hands on Norwegien F-16s that would be the best as norway is to replace their F16(A/B)MLU's in 2016 most likley with F35.

I think we should replace our mirage with ex-UAE mirage 2000-9 and f-7 with jf-17 but I also think that we should upgrade our 50 jf-17blk1 to blk2 and start manufacturing blk3 but no new sq of jf-17blk2

I think we should replace our mirage with ex-UAE mirage 2000-9 and f-7 with jf-17 but I also think that we should upgrade our 50 jf-17blk1 to blk2 and start manufacturing blk3 but no new sq of jf-17blk2

Hi,

all the Blks for JF 17 are a must----blk 3 is maybe 3 to 5 years away---so what you going to do to fill in the hole!!!!! The heirarchy is also good for training---start at blk 1 then to blk 2 in the next few months----and then look forward to serving on the coming blk 3

I voted no because:

1. The fighters are going to be a significant strain on a budget which would be better spent enhancing the JFT's capabilities;

I would have voted yes, however, if the birds would have taken the form of a donation. Whether or not the French or the Indians would block the deal is irrelevant at present, primarily because the thread means to discuss the added advantage of procuring the fighters disregarding any political impediment which they may have. The answer to that is that there is an advantage but at the cost of funds which would otherwise be allocated for upgrading the JFT.

I have no issue with the Dash-9's coming our way, as long as we don't have to bend over backwards and dish out every cent we have in order to procure and integrate them into the PAF.

As has already correctly been pointed out, we still owe the Chinese truckloads of money for the JFT.

I voted no because:

1. The fighters are going to be a significant strain on a budget which would be better spent enhancing the JFT's capabilities;

I would have voted yes, however, if the birds would have taken the form of a donation. Whether or not the French or the Indians would block the deal is irrelevant at present, primarily because the thread means to discuss the added advantage of procuring the fighters disregarding any political impediment which they may have. The answer to that is that there is an advantage but at the cost of funds which would otherwise be allocated for upgrading the JFT.

I have no issue with the Dash-9's coming our way, as long as we don't have to bend over backwards and dish out every cent we have in order to procure and integrate them into the PAF.

As has already correctly been pointed out, we still owe the Chinese truckloads of money for the JFT.

JFT may need 8-10 or more year to equal the capabilities with Rafael, NG, and EFT. Production is toooo slow, and integration of new weapons and electronics is not easy. As announcement was made on 50th JFT-1 roll out ceremony that Block 2 will be inducted / display in between March- july. it seems that it already took 7 months for just integration of IFR and to upgrade radar, Year 2014 production wise is not good as expected.

JFT will gradually improve, We should buy 2000-9, a ready platform will boost PAF capabilities.

I say yes, for the reasons outlined in previous posts. However, if an opportunity arises for F-16's then that is the better option.

Well this is patently false.

Go for it- if you really think the UAE will just gift these to the PAF then you are smoking some strong stuff.

Sorry sir cant get you. whats meant by patently false?

And of course he is trolling, they will not be free. But around 15m $ a piece for a modern mirage 2000 is dirt cheap.
But we will go for used F16s of course from American reserves

Sorry sir cant get you. whats meant by patently false?

And of course he is trolling, they will not be free. But around 15m $ a piece for a modern mirage 2000 is dirt cheap.
But we will go for used F16s of course from American reserves
don't know about uae but last time India tried to negotiate qatri mirage and they asked around 60 million a piece and thus India had to drop this plan. hope uae will sell in reasonable price

news suggests that Islamabad is negotiating with Abu Dhabi for a possible purchase of UAE’s Mirage-2000-9 fleet. UAE is planning to replace its Mirage fighters with 30 American F-16E/Fs (in the near future). If Pakistan succeeds in acquiring these second-hand Mirage-2000-9s, it’ll become the only nation in the world to operate all Mirage variants (IIIs, Vs, 50s, and 2000s) side-by-side.

Not all variants, even if we purchased them because we never operated F-1s.

Purchase of M2K9s can be good short term decision as our old mirages are headache which can be replaced by them ASAP and will provide good 4th gen capabilities but in the long run it can be a blunder specially after signing of Rafale deal between India & France, as later have refused to provide discussed JF-17 stuff to us because of that Rafale tender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom