What's new

Open Debate l Ex-UAE Mirage 2000-9s for PAF, aye or nay ?

PAF Should acquire the Ex-UAE Mirage-2000-9s as a stop gap?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to get another 4th Generation plane I would have prefered to get J10B inducted
Which has good Air-Air role capabilities

No to Gripen
No to Mirage 2000

Only would be reasonable if they had AESA radar variant on them

I will simply say YES.

Mirage 2000 cant be compared to JF-17. Mirage is a much more capable and mature platform. Members who say we should rely on JF-17 are right but at the same time having such a potent platform in the air force brings a lot of credibility, variety and capability to the air defense.

On a second thought, this discussion on M2k from UAE has been going on on this forum since 2008. Thats SIX years!!!

Now that tells me this transaction does not make any sense.

I will simply say YES.

Mirage 2000 cant be compared to JF-17. Mirage is a much more capable and mature platform. Members who say we should rely on JF-17 are right but at the same time having such a potent platform in the air force brings a lot of credibility, variety and capability to the air defense.
What happened in kargill?
JustTell them that?

M2ks were our star during Kargil,flying over 50
sorties.
Yes but then their were all kinds of birds there crows, owls?
I mean, it's not about how many sorties, it's about capabilities, it has?
Do you know, what i , am talking about?

Sorry I did not get your point. Please elaborate :)

I gave the number of sorties to highlight M2K's performance and servicebility in those challenging high altitude conditions. Majority of those sorties were strike or air defence ones too. In short,
-High altitude attack capability
-Excellcent servicebility
-Good safety record.

Whats with'em bro?
That was the turning point in kargill, in the nights it became hunting ground for the mirages on us?
That's why they were flOwen, so much?
Cause they were watching & attacking , even directing the heavy fire?

@Donatello

We need a replacement for the F-7PG's, they too now are 16 years old.

The point is to have a 'cheap stopgap'. If the UAE is willing to sell them at a throw away price, we should buy them.

Spares issue can be solved by upgrading the existing Mirage RF. Our pilots too have flown these Mirages, as well as our own Mirage experiance, should suffice. PAF has proven to absorb different technologies and these Dash-9s are not totally unfamiliar to us.
Bulding:
Completely different aircrafts, there is not a single interchangeable part, jig , fixture, or avionics between the Mirage 3 and the 2k. converting the Mirage 3 plant to mirage 2000 is as difficult to convert it to produce F16's

Flying: mirage 3's afaik are conventional stable delta's, whereas m2k's are unstable delta's with Fbw. M2K's flight envelope is inconceivable compared to Mirage 3, stick response is completely different. So it will be as good as training for a brand new fighter jet. Just because it is a mirage doesn't mean transition would a cake walk.

French will sell anything once India is 'locked in' the Rafale contract.
You sure about that, even without buying the rafale, india could block avionics package to PAF. Think what happens when the 128 crafts have the option to almost double. With that leverage, you think french would risk it?

You sure about that, even without buying the rafale, india could block avionics package to PAF. Think what happens when the 128 crafts have the option to almost double. With that leverage, you think french would risk it?

Hi,

As I stated before---the French have you almost where they want to---. Once you are fully committed---they will have you by the ball joints---you have nowhere to run then----. Even if you decide to switch to another plane---you will lose more time---and that will take away the edge that you have at this time.

Hi,

As I stated before---the French have you almost where they want to---. Once you are fully committed---they will have you by the ball joints---you have nowhere to run then----. Even if you decide to switch to another plane---you will lose more time---and that will take away the edge that you have at this time.
wrong. India can always go for more mkis which can be exercised in 2 scenarios. 1st if deal would be cancelled and India will be moved to other vendor which is unlikely while second scenario will be when same deal is further delayed beyond 2015.

wrong. India can always go for more mkis which can be exercised in 2 scenarios. 1st if deal would be cancelled and India will be moved to other vendor which is unlikely while second scenario will be when same deal is further delayed beyond 2015.

We would rather you have more MKI's than Rafales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom