What's new

Only in Pakistan

Not only the passengers ...but the railway staffs by no means are any lesser daredevils...risking their lives as a childs play
7def907bdc698bdee92c5db02c51eb31.bmp_.jpg

Indian Railways Pantry Staffs..

Please don't tell me this is a regular practice! :eek:
Looks like the Maharaja Train in Rajastan to me. :coffee:

So someone photoshopped out the flag in the picture or put it in?

these waiters and doormen in the subcontinent have really downgraded the punjabi kulla (plumed turban). ONce a symbol of respect and pride, I'm not sure what it symoblises anymore.

It's a hidden danger, and it's not funny at all. They even blocked the driver's eyes.

Know what I think? As a former media person with a camera. I know this thing for sure that these pictures are staged. It must be at least half or 1/3rd as bad.

I used to do this too. Just tell people that you're from the media and it will be in tomorrow's paper, people would line up n down, much similar to these pics. Now I'm talking about upscale parties held in ballrooms of fivestar hotels in dubai. Imagine how the poor folk react to a chance in the spotlight?

If you notice the Pak picture is of 3-4 compartments only.

It just has staged written all over it.

Yes, you are right. They are actually railway employees posing for a photograph. That's what I read about the picture when I first came across this photo some 8-9 years ago.

I mean travel wise?
I use to travel between Lahore and Rawalpindi a lot on train. Every train has these compartments
1) Economy class
images (5).jpeg

Has this seating arrangement.
Newer economy class has better finishing
CrLLvNBXgAAfkq9.jpg

You can catch any depending on your luck. Nothing is usually mentioned on ticket as to the train will have new built compartments or old.

2) Lower AC
There are two types of lower AC compartments in terms of seating arrangement. One is like buses with two seats on both sides and aisle in the middle
images (6).jpeg

The other seating is same as economy, just has AC in it. Try your luck what you get.

3) AC Parlour
It has like usually seats facing with a table in the front. Like a restaurant

images (10).jpeg

images (8).jpeg

4) AC Sleeper.
It has compartments, each compartment has six berths, I travel in this mostly. Great for sleeping.
Corridor outside compartments
images (9).jpeg

806837_Wallpaper2.jpg

Inside the compartment
images (2).jpeg

images (3).jpeg

(Pictures taken from Google.)

I use to travel between Lahore and Rawalpindi a lot on train. Every train has these compartments
1) Economy class
View attachment 441775
Has this seating arrangement.
Newer economy class has better finishing View attachment 441779
You can catch any depending on your luck. Nothing is usually mentioned on ticket as to the train will have new built compartments or old.

2) Lower AC
There are two types of lower AC compartments in terms of seating arrangement. One is like buses with two seats on both sides and aisle in the middle
View attachment 441776
The other seating is same as economy, just has AC in it. Try your luck what you get.

3) AC Parlour
It has like usually seats facing with a table in the front. Like a restaurant

View attachment 441785
View attachment 441786
4) AC Sleeper.
It has compartments, each compartment has six berths, I travel in this mostly. Great for sleeping.
Corridor outside compartments
View attachment 441787
View attachment 441788
Inside the compartment
View attachment 441789
View attachment 441790

(Pictures taken from Google.)

Thank you this has been very helpful

Back
Top Bottom