What's new

One in five women raped in US: White House report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will leave this conversation as its going in a direction where i would have to say things to a woman( i thought you are a man) which i can't . So goodnight Mother . Enjoy your tirade .

Shows how presumptuous you were in the first place. And do not call me your mother, I would have been unhappy to have you for a son.

This one in five refers to martial or relationship rape, men forcing on sex his partner. Marital rape is not the same gang-rape. Many countries, including India, don't even criminalized marital rape.

Rape can happen everywhere, India, China, EU and the US. It's delusional to argue that American women are equally at risk as Indians. Does US or CHina has culture of eve-teasing women in the public?? One doesn't need to second guess what eve-teasing will lead to in a more secluded place. US is one of the safest places for women. This is typical junk Indian media report.

This is a typical junk 50 cent post. Disregarding fact and just spewing nonsense.

On topic, I don't think such things should be used for point scoring. Every society has its issues and they try and deal with them in their way.

As long as society and governments are not protecting and promoting crime....

I would say that things like gun violence and the power of the gun lobby to stop any action on that front is a bigger menace.

Indians are posting this against other countries just to hide their own rape shame.

My take on crimes against women is that we must report and condemn and should NOT shy away from admitting we are blot on face of the humanity when it comes to Crimes against women.

Women are discriminated and brutalised throughout the world one way or the other .

The difference is that in countries like US they have higher chance and a fair chance of getting justice in such cases whereas in India, Pakistan its hardly 1%.

i will like to focus on my own region's shit in this regard before applying a faceplam by opening threads on America or any other superpower.

Bigger shame than your kabaili Jirgas ordering women to be raped?

Pakistan's rights groups and even police expressed shock on Tuesday over the gang-rape of a girl one week ago under a ruling by a tribal jirga, or village council, in Punjab Province, as a means of punishing her brother.

IRIN Asia | PAKISTAN: Girl gang-raped as local punishment | Pakistan | Gender Issues

Don't try to drag India into everything.

I know your response to this person wasn't meant to be funny, but I couldn't help but laugh. it seems some here have wildly thrown out numbers to fit their narrative .This thread has predictably turned into a five star fragging disaster.

It's a perfect illustration why you can never have a fact-based intellectual discussion with most indians here.

Even an innocuous post from you to me drew the ire of @Ravi Nair whom I thought is one of the more well-grounded Indian members here. And I'm accused of being jingoistic (Have you read Herimone post?) I guess most Indians mentality are the same.

Last edited:
Can we be more sensitive to women and not have such threads...@webmaster.

This is a typical junk 50 cent post. Disregarding fact and just spewing nonsense.

On topic, I don't think such things should be used for point scoring. Every society has its issues and they try and deal with them in their way.

As long as society and governments are not protecting and promoting crime....

I would say that things like gun violence and the power of the gun lobby to stop any action on that front is a bigger menace.

Indeed, Indian media = junk media, disregarding fact and spewing nonsense.

Stating fact doesn't equate to scoring brownie point.

Indeed, Indian media = junk media, disregarding fact and spewing nonsense.

Stating fact doesn't equate to scoring brownie point.

Frankly, such people simply disgust.

Much as we want to think that the "great leap" and "four pest campaign" were aberrations, some people show an amazing zombi like quality that shows it was no aberration.

Frankly, such people simply disgust.

Much as we want to think that the "great leap" and "four pest campaign" were aberrations, some people show an amazing zombi like quality that shows it was no aberration.

Are you intellectually sound?? 1) what has great leap forward gotta do with the topic? Those are political movement 30-40 years ago

Are you intellectually sound?? 1) what has great leap forward gotta do with the topic? Those are political movement 30-40 years ago

And it was no aberration. What is so difficult to understand?

Or just because it is not in the little red book, you have no power to comprehend it?

And it was no aberration. What is so difficult to understand?

Or just because it is not in the little red book, you have no power to comprehend it?

Political movements and the topic here are mutually exclusive. What is it so difficult to understand?

Education standard in India too low?

Last edited:
Political movements are mutually exclusive to the topic. What is it so difficult to understand?

Education standard in India too low?

"Four pest campaign" with hundreds of million of you banging pots and pans and drums and running after the birds!

That was a political movement? I have to credit both the sides here, those doing the brainwashing and those being brainwashed.

It is a wonder of the world. There is no limit to stupidity I guess.

It's a perfect illustration why you can never have a fact-based intellectual discussion with most indians here.

Even an innocuous post from you to me drew the ire of @Ravi Nair whom I thought is one of the more well-grounded Indian members here. And I'm accused of being jingoistic (Have you read Herimone post?) I guess most Indians mentality are the same.

The first time I stand accused of being 'normal' and 'sane'

I was condemning the intention of this thread. Which is to deflect discussion away from Indian rape stories so as to speak.

I was calling for a discussion where the whole topic serves as a trojan horse for nationalistic intentions. (this includes terror threads btw)

:-)

Last edited:
The first time I stand accused of being 'normal' and 'sane'

I was condemning the intention of this thread. Which is to deflect discussion away from Indian rape stories so as to speak.

I was calling for a discussion where the whole topic serves as a trojan horse for nationalistic intentions. (this includes terror threads btw)

:-)

Sanity is madness put to good use :-)

Sanity is madness put to good uses :-)

As I explained to other members here, either discuss this issue with the seriousness it deserves, or I won't participate.

There are good articles on this, and awesome discussions done by Indians on Indian news websites (The Hindu for example).

I would rather be informed, and have various opinions put forth than just rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom