What's new

One in five women raped in US: White House report

Status
Not open for further replies.
India effectively imprisons who? All you do is expose your ignorance of the Indian society by making such asinine comments.

I belong to the "Dalit" class that you shed your copious tears for. The same class the Deputy Consul General in last month's controversy belonged to. Why should I feel sorry for anyone or jealous of anyone. [b/]Even the poorest people in India are treated with far more dignity and respect than Americans will ever manage.[/b]
Yeah...Sure...

India Rape Cases Colored by Caste - WSJ.com
DALAN CHAPARA, India—Lalasa Devi says that before her attacker grabbed her by the throat, he snarled "Chamar," the name of the so-called untouchable caste into which she was born. "What can you do to me?"

Then he threw her to the ground and raped her, she says.

Women across India face daunting obstacles in pressing sexual-assault allegations. An unfriendly justice system and fear of social stigma make many reluctant even to report such crimes, women's rights advocates say.

Rural, lower-caste women such as Ms. Devi also face pervasive and deeply rooted discrimination against those once called "untouchables"—now known as Dalits, or oppressed people. "It's the mind-set of the dominant castes," says Deepika, a Dalit-rights activist in New Delhi who uses only one name. "To them, raping a Dalit woman is not a sin."

A court in the western state of Rajasthan in 1995 acquitted five men of rape, saying upper-caste men couldn't have raped a Dalit. The state has asked a higher court to review that case—a request that is still pending.
If I ask Srilakshmi, a female Indian engineer I work with daily, what caste she is back in India, she could refuse to answer, report my *** to HR, and I would be walked off the plant in the same day. But in your India, a Dalit women could be raped and your court system would express disbelief.

And we Americans are supposed to be the 'shame of the world'? :lol:

If I ask Srilakshmi, a female Indian engineer I work with daily, what caste she is back in India, she could refuse to answer, report my *** to HR, and I would be walked off the plant in the same day. But in your India, a Dalit women could be raped and your court system would express disbelief.
And we Americans are supposed to be the 'shame of the world'?

Is this not so typical of the yellow journalism practiced by most US news media where they do not know shit about Indian society. The lower caste/dalits are more empowered in India than you can dream of. If anything the scale of justice has tilted in favor of the dalits. Unlike USA where the overwhelming majority of prisoners are Black and can be shot for just walking on the street.

Prison Staff Not Held Accountable For Sexual Abuse Of Inmates: Report

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/0 ... harge.html

American justice system exonerates the cop who shot the black man seeking help here. Justice Indeed American style.

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Abused' Florida wife sentenced to 20 YEARS for firing warning shot at husband after Stand Your Ground defence fails | Mail Online

While the black woman goes to prison for firing warning shots. More American justice.

Should Felons Lose the Right to Vote?- The Atlantic - Jan 7 2014

More empowered Americans.

Do they cut you some slack for being a Vietnamese or do you feel the full might of American justice?

Is this not so typical of the yellow journalism practiced by most US news media where they do not know shit about Indian society. The lower caste/dalits are more empowered in India than you can dream of. If anything the scale of justice has tilted in favor of the dalits. Unlike USA where the overwhelming majority of prisoners are Black and can be shot for just walking on the street.

Prison Staff Not Held Accountable For Sexual Abuse Of Inmates: Report

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/0 ... harge.html

American justice system exonerates the cop who shot the black man seeking for help here. Justice Indeed American style.

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Abused' Florida wife sentenced to 20 YEARS for firing warning shot at husband after Stand Your Ground defence fails | Mail Online

While the black woman goes to prison for firing warning shots. More American justice.

Should Felons Lose the Right to Vote?- The Atlantic - Jan 7 2014

More empowered Americans.

Do they cut you a slack for being a Vietnamese or do you feel the full might of American justice?
The American justice system is a far better sight for social minorities than your sorry Indian system. We got Indians in America to back it up. :lol:

But let us see what else can happens to women in that...eerrr...'paradise' for women called India...

Cops put 10-year-old Dalit 'rape victim' behind bars, upper caste villagers 'terrorise' family - Indian Express
Life, for them, had never been easy. The couple and their family of 16 live in a two-room tenement and the father, who works at a local grocery store for a daily wage of Rs 200, is the only earning member.

Theirs is also one of four Jatav Dalit families in a majority Lodhe Rajput village just outside Bulandshahr city, and have been under pressure for long. But over the last few days, things have turned downright ugly, they said.

The couple's 10-year-old daughter, their ninth child, was allegedly raped by a 35-year-old Rajput man on Sunday. And when the girl and her mother went to the police station in Bulandshahr to complain, the girl was made to spend the night in the lock-up.

Now, the majority Rajputs of the village are pressuring the family to withdraw the case and leave the village of 150 houses even as the police said medical examination of the girl has not established rape or injury.
Oh...yeah...The upper class people want the 'untouchables' out of their sights. How dare the 'untouchables' accused one of their social superiors of rape? If anything, the fact that a Raj dick entered a Dalit body should be considered a privilege, no?

We Indians shouldn't even dare to compare rape counts with America. In our country half the cases are not reported whereas in US, even domestic violences are reported as rapes. So we better not.

We have an issue. Lets deal with it, rather than saying US has more rapes, Europe has more rapes, Russia has more rapes and bla bla bla bla. These are not going to help us in any ways. So we rather concentrate on our issue. Ridiculous!!

Last edited:
The American justice system is a far better sight for social minorities than your sorry Indian system. We got Indians in America to back it up

Yeah right.

Oh...yeah...The upper class people want the 'untouchables' out of their sights. How dare the 'untouchables' accused one of their social superiors of rape?

There are 16,024 females in the Indian prison inclusive of all caste while in the far better American justice system there are more than 200,000 women prisoners with more than 1 million on probation. Such a wonderful country indeed for women US is.

Women in Prison | American Civil Liberties Union

Also given that 10% prisoners are raped every day in USA, that is additional 20,000 women raped in prisons which do not form part of any statistics.

We Indians shouldn't even dare to compare rape counts with America. In our country half the cases are not reported whereas in US, even domestic violences are reported as reported as rapes. So we better not.
We have an issue. Lets deal with it, rather than saying US has more rapes, Europe has more rapes, Russia has more rapes and bla bla bla bla. These are not going to help us in any ways. So we rather concentrate on our issue. Ridiculous!!

Do you mean to say we should be the punching bags of the world until there is not a single rape case in India. Yeah wait until 20000 CE or until a nuclear holocaust which wipes out human race. Until then enjoy being a punching bag, while I opt out.

Yeah right.

There are 16,024 females in the Indian prison inclusive of all caste while in the far better American justice system there are more than 200,000 women prisoners with more than 1 million on probation. Such a wonderful country indeed for women US is.

Also given that 10% prisoners are raped every day in USA, that is additional 20,000 women raped in prisons which do not form part of any statistics.

Do you mean to say we should be the punching bags of the world until there is not a single rape case in India. Yeah wait until 20000 CE or until a nuclear holocaust which wipes out human race. Until then enjoy being a punching bag, while I opt out.

It's not about a single rape case. Rapes are happening every day, day in day out. You open news in the mooring there are couple of rape news again in the evening there are couple more. And our media, NDTV, CNN-IBN, Timesnow are the first to report them and not the World Media.
Even few days back there was a news that a girl was given a rape punishment by some Serpanj of a village. Such retard.

Some sick folks in PDF may use rape news from India to score Brownie points. But that doesn't mean we have to become defensive and start putting blame on others, rather if we, with our combined effort try and at least reduce that, it will help us only and not those retards.

Yeah right.
Now you are learning...

I do not see American women moving to India, do you? :lol:

But let us take a look at women's status in your India...

Dalit Fact Sheet
Dalit people are at the bottom of a hierarchical caste system determined by birth.
Explain to me why is this STILL exist in India.

Although Indian law prohibits discrimination and violence against Dalit people, in reality atrocities are a daily occurrence.
  • 13 Dalits are murdered each week.
  • 5 Dalit homes are burnt each week.
  • 6 Dalit people are kidnapped or abducted each week.
  • 21 Dalit women raped each week.
It is estimated that a crime is committed against a Dalit person every 18 minutes. The problem not the law but the lack of political will, at local and national levels, to apply these laws. In 2006, the official conviction rate for Dalit atrocity cases was just 5.3%.
And the US is worse off for women compares to India? Really? Who buys this shit? Apparently, YOU and the other fools -- do.

Social discrimination is also a major problem. Dalit people are considered ‘untouchable’; most higher caste people would not marry a Dalit, invite them into their home or share food with them.
If I am ignorant about India, then I guess the people who created these organizations must be equally ignorant as well, right?

Dalit women experience triple discrimination based on their caste, their economic situation and their gender.

• 70% of Dalit women are illiterate in rural India
  • Thousands of girls are forced into prostitution before they reach puberty. .
Sex before puberty? So what is the deal here for these Dalit girls? Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed? Or is it old enough to pee, old enough for me?

You have these deep ages old customs of discrimination and violence against social minorities and you have the gall to call US 'shame to the world'?

t's not about a single rape case. Rapes are happening every day, day in day out. You open news in the mooring there are couple of rape news again in the evening there are couple more. And our media, NDTV, CNN-IBN, Timesnow are the first to report them and not the World Media.
Even few days back there was a news that a girl was given a rape punishment by some Serpanj of a village. Such retard.
Some sick folks in PDF may use rape news from India to score Brownie points. But that doesn't mean we have to become defensive and start putting blame on others, rather if we, with our combined effort try and at least reduce that, it will help us only and not those retards.

Indian media's extensive focus on rapes is for TRP ratings and not for some concern for women in India. Also it helps to deflect the people's attention from more serious political issues and the numerous scams that happen.

Rapes happen everyday in every country of the world and India is no exception to it. To fall for media mechanizations and naively be led by media does not do you any credit. No amount of self-flagelation discounts dumbness.

Indian media's extensive focus on rapes is for TRP ratings and not for some concern for women in India. Also it helps to deflect the people's attention from more serious political issues and the numerous scams that happen.

Rapes happen everyday in every country of the world and India is no exception to it. To fall for media mechanizations and naively be led by media does not do you any credit. No amount of self-flagelation discounts dumbness.

Ok so rape is there in every country, then it's fine, India can have these rape cases. No issues.

Every country is taking some suicidal steps, then it's fine India can also do that. I am sorry! I was wrong. Pardon me. Please continue your discussion.

Thank You!!

But your India IS an exception for rapes. Witness your own fellow Indians asking why...

Some rapes are more newsworthy than others in India -- New Internationalist
Why are these rapes under-reported? Why are they never sensationalized like the infamous Nirbhaya rape in Delhi?

But when Dalit women are raped, the silence is deafening.
Sexual violence against a woman -- singular -- is common enough throughout the world. But sexual violence against a CLASS OF WOMEN and when that type of violence is culturally tolerated for thousands (?) of years, is a completely different thing.

But hey...Things are rosy for women in India. Just asks the American women who fled the US and kissed the Indian ground the moment they entered an Indian airport. :lol:

I do not see American women moving to India, do you

Good for India Americans are not moving to India. India is spared American savagery. Indians belonging to one of the oldest grandest civilization have the brown man's burden to discharge. They need to civilize America before Americans kill each other. So it is indeed a favor they do America by moving to America.

Explain to me why is this STILL exist in India.

What still exists? The fact that we had Dalit presidents or now our most popular Prime Ministerial candidate is from the lowest caste? Or that Mayawati (corrupt as she was) ruled over the most populous state of India with its 200+ million population for 2 terms? If that is being on the bottom of hierarchical caste system, then sure I will be willing born again and again as a lower caste.

And the US is worse off for women compares to India? Really? Who buys this shit? Apparently, YOU and the other fools -- do

As against the 20,000 women being raped in US prisons every day, dalits in India as proved by stats do far far better. As to whether you buy it or not, it does not matter. You are just any dumb American.

If I am ignorant about India, then I guess the people who created these organizations must be equally ignorant as well, right?

Believe it or not, they are as ignorant as you.

Sex before puberty? So what is the deal here for these Dalit girls? Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed? Or is it old enough to pee, old enough for me?
You have these deep ages old customs of discrimination and violence against social minorities and you have the gall to call US 'shame to the world'?

Please believe me, there are far less Indian children getting pregnant than American. Also given that 35% of all Americans have sexually transmitted diseases, it does not really speak well of the American society.

An American girl who gets sexually active at 13 and goes on to have 20 sexual partners before she reaches 15 is nothing to brag about.

Washington: About one in five women in the US has been raped in her life time, with nearly half of the victims subjected to sexual assault before the age of 18, a White House report said today.

Though women of all races are targeted, but some are more vulnerable than others, the report said, noting that 33.5 per cent of multiracial women have been raped, as have 27 per cent of American-Indian and Alaska Native women, compared to 15 per cent of Hispanic, 22 per cent of Black, and 19 per cent of White women.

Most victims know their assailants and the vast majority (nearly 98 per cent) of perpetrators are male, the report said.

The report released by the White House came ahead of the convening by US President Barack Obama and the Vice President Joe Biden of a meeting of the White House Council on Women and Girls at the Cabinet level along with the council representatives from each agency to examine the progress made and to renew a call to root out abuse wherever it exists, further protecting Americans from rape and sexual assault.

The report "Rape and Sexual Assault: A Renewed Call to Action" outlines the facts surrounding rape and sexual assault and identifies key areas to focus on and improve, including working to change social norms, improving criminal justice response, and protecting students from sexual assault.

To this end of building on strong steps already taken to make educational settings safer for students, Obama is scheduled to sign a new Presidential memorandum at the meeting to establish the White House Task Force on Protecting Students from Sexual Assault.

"The President believes that the prevalence of rape and sexual assault in our Nation's schools is both deeply troubling and a call to action. When 1 in 5 young women is sexually assaulted while in college, we must do more," the White House said in a fact sheet.

According to the report young people are especially at risk with nearly half of female survivors were raped before they were 18, and over one-quarter of male survivors were raped before they were 10.

College students are particularly vulnerable, one in five women has been sexually assaulted while in college, the report said.

Repeat victimisation is common with over a third of women who were raped as minors were also raped as adults, it said.

Men and boys, however, are also at risk, the report said, adding that one in 71 men or almost 1.6 million have been raped during their lives.

Other populations are also at higher risk of being raped or sexually assaulted, including people with disabilities, the LGBT community, prison inmates (of both genders), and the homeless, the report said.

Undocumented immigrants face unique challenges because their abusers often threaten to have them deported if they try to get help, the report said.

The White House said its Task Force on Protecting Students from Sexual Assault will provide schools with best practices for preventing sexual assault, improve transparency of the federal government's enforcement activities, and coordinate among federal agencies to hold schools accountable for confronting sexual assault.

"The Task Force builds on strong steps the Administration has already taken to combat rape and sexual assault on campus.

In 2011, Vice President Biden and Secretary Duncan announced first-of-its kind guidance to ensure that educational institutions fully understand their obligations under Title IX to respond to and prevent sexual assault," the report said.

One in five women raped in US: report | NDTV.com

Oh please STUF!
Over 53% children face sexual abuse: Survey - Times Of India
In India 1 in 2 child is RAPED!

Over 53% children face sexual abuse: Survey
TNNApr 10, 2007, 12.00am IST
pixel.gif

NEW DELHI: In a shocking revelation, a government commissioned survey has found that more than 53% of children in India are subjected to sexual abuse, but most don't report the assaults to anyone.

The survey, released on Monday and which covered different forms of child abuse — physical, sexual and emotional — as well as female child neglect, found that two out of every three children have been physically abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom