What's new

One in five women raped in US: White House report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proof? We hosted the Olympics, you can't.

Does not change the fact that you are asked to stay in your rooms and not wander out when your country celebrates its anniversaries. Too beastly for even the PLA to handle.

Byeeeeeeeeeee.

Does not change the fact that you are asked to stay in your rooms and not wander out when your country celebrates its anniversaries. Too beastly for even the PLA to handle.

Byeeeeeeeeeee.

For 2nd time, that's why we don't have stampede festival like yours. :laughcry: :wave:

Proof? We hosted the Olympics, you can't.

Does not change the fact that you guys are asked to stay in your rooms and not wander out when your country celebrates its anniversaries. Beastly Chinese on rampage is PLA's nightmare.

Has anybody even bothered to actually read the whitehouse.gov article instead of some news site that talks about it?

Here it is
A Renewed Call to Action to End Rape and Sexual Assault | The White House

It says "nearly 1 in 5 women, and 1 in 71 men have experienced rape or attempted rape in their lifetimes."

Notice "attempted" is included in the 1 in 5 numbers.
The definition of "attempted" is not defined. For all we know it could mean anything from attempted coercion by a spouse to some creepy person at a party looking weirdly at you. We Have to figure out what attempted means.

Last edited:
Does not change the fact that you guys are asked to stay in your rooms and not wander out when your country celebrates its anniversaries. Beastly Chinese on rampage is PLA's nightmare.

Yes it does. We have huge population, we have to have effective crowd control. In your country, crowd control doesn't exist. Beastly people stampede one another.

LOL... @Spring Onion
He is the one that certified that

yeh HE might had but she doesn't

if accepting the reality that US is a better place for women compared to India and Pakistan is something wrong then i am ready to admit my fault and will commit it again

yeh HE might had but she doesn't

if accepting the reality that US is a better place for women compared to India and Pakistan is something wrong then i am ready to admit my fault and will commit it again
ok you win...
Agreed that we all do rapes...
image.png

You are mistaking me for someone else. 30% is the only figure I have quoted.

As for the rest of your figure juggling and that link, it is a stretch really. When White House report claims 25% of American women have been raped, then where you get your 0.2% and 0.6% from really.

There are 74,000 women in the US Army, and if 26,000 of them claim to have been raped, then they were raped. I am sure the women in army are educated and know the difference between rape and groping. Additionally, 14 percent of female veterans report experiences of gang rape.
Wow, see this is the problem.

A. The White House report did not say that 25% of American women had been raped. It states that 1 in 5 American women have been the victims of sexual assault which can include rape or attempted rape. It can also include a male boss patting a female employee on the rump as an unfunny joke or flirt. Even the report does not clarify, using the various terms interchangeably. But you don't have to believe me, or a newspaper or someone's blog. You can read it for yourself from the actual White House report...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/sexual_assault_report_1-21-14.pdf

B. Again, you seem to not have enough of a command of English to understand that there is a difference between "rape" and unwanted sexual contact and/or sexual assault. There were not, according to the military survey, 26,000 cases of women being "raped". There were 26,000 service people who claimed to have experienced unwanted sexual contact or sexual assault which can include rape. And as before, it can also include a drunken grope at a party or a hand on a breast.

C. The 26,000 is also not only of the U.S. Army. It is the reported figure for the entire number of active duty personnel, (including men who reported being victims, btw, which lowers the actual female percentage even more.), in the army, navy, marine corps, air force and coast guard. That total is just over 210,000 women and 26,000 claims of all kinds of unwanted sexual contact, sexual assault and rape, comes to 12.4%, (actually 12.38%). That is not "figure juggling". It's just plain old math.

Last edited:
Yes it does. We have huge population, we have to have effective crowd control. In your country, crowd control doesn't exist. Beastly people stampede one another.

India has confidence in its people and their maturity, some mishaps here and there, and we will dust it off and raise up again.

Unfortunately, CCP does not have that confidence in the Chinese beast, so it has to tell them when to stay inside the house, how many kids they can have, where they can go, where they cannot go. I think in future China will implant a chip in all Chinese brain, only then it will allow Chinese to walk about the Chinese land without much worry. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The White House report did not say that 25% of American women had been raped. It states that 1 in 5 American women have been the victims of sexual assault which can include rape.

No it does not say they have been victims of sexual assault. It says they have been raped.

This is the actual sentence.

"Women and girls are the vast majority of victims: nearly 1 in 5 women – or nearly 22 million – have been raped in their lifetimes."

Last edited:
This is the actual sentence.

"Women and girls are the vast majority of victims: nearly 1 in 5 women – or nearly 22 million – have been raped in their lifetimes."

It seems to have an asterisk pointing to yet another pdf file http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/nisvs_executive_summary-a.pdf

Key Findings

Sexual Violence by Any Perpetrator
Nearly 1 in 5 women (18.3%) and 1 in 71 men (1.4%) in the United States have been raped at some
time in their lives, including ccompleted forced penetration, attempted forced penetration, or alcohol/drug facilitated
completed penetration.

More than half (51.1%) of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance;
for male victims, more than half (52.4%) reported being raped by an acquaintance and 15.1% by a stranger.

Yes, but if you go to page #2, as well as many other pages, it includes sexual assault, and on other pages, attempted rape.

But even if it means actual forcible rape (Which it doesn't.), 1 in 5 is considerably lower than even the 30% figure, it is 20%, a bit less actually according to their figures.

It seems to have an asterisk pointing to yet another pdf file http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/nisvs_executive_summary-a.pdf

Key Findings

Nearly 1 in 5 women (18.3%) and 1 in 71 men (1.4%) in the United States have been raped at some
time in their lives, including ccompleted forced penetration, attempted forced penetration, or alcohol/drug facilitated
completed penetration.

More than half (51.1%) of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance;
for male victims, more than half (52.4%) reported being raped by an acquaintance and 15.1% by a stranger.
Right, as I told another poster, once you actually read the report the figures include more than simply forcible rape.

Key Findings

completed penetration.

Raped by an intimate partner is even worse.

Yes, but if you go to page #2, as well as many other pages, it includes sexual assault, and on other pages, attempted rape.

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/nisvs_executive_summary-a.pdf

"More than 1 in 3 women (35.6%) and more than 1 in 4 men (28.5%) in the United States have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime."

That is for overall sexual assault. Now this does not even take into account the stalking and other sexual harassment by non-intimate person or a stranger.

Last edited:
@Peter C @Desertfalcon Hey listen guys, both of you are real decent posters here. The only reason I was digging in my heels here on this topic was because India and Indians have been pilloried so much on rapes both on this forum as well as majority of US media outlets. Rapes have been used as a weapon to degrade India and most of the posters here generally cite US/UK newspapers to do so. Real life day to day Americans and Indians have enough on their plate to deal with without having to contend with this mudslinging. So there Peace. I am out of this discussion.

Really Einstein? The worst of humanity to a single nation? This kind of stuff happens all over the world. I can find plenty of things bad about all countries. Best to leave it be.
Tell that to the Indians. I do not start threads like this.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...eads-guilty-to-murders-rapes-kidnappings?lite
I'm sure the Indians would love to have me on their side about this.. :rolleyes:
Am sure they would. After all, just like the Muslims, they need an escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom