What's new

Oliver Hazard Class Frigate Acquisition by Pakistan

PN needs to make good use of this ship and it must put in some good weapon systems especially the SAM system. Without the latest/good weapon systems onboard it would just be a large and old hull.

PN needs to make good use of this ship and it must put in some good weapon systems especially the SAM system. Without the latest/good weapon systems onboard it would just be a large and old hull.

And - given that this ship has just left USN service via hot transfer - do you think USN puts it's ships to sea with obsolete/poor weapon systems? Just because there no longer is launch capability for Harpoon and SM1, doesn't mean the rest of the systems (c3i, radars, communications, ew, ASW, guns/ciws) haven't been kept up to date by USN standards (which often is a higher standard than in other navies).

You can't judge by pics in this case as the ship is going refit.

We are sure yet.....so lets wait and see.

What else would you judge by, other than pics? I'll talk about the refit when I know about it i.e. when she comes out of it. AT THIS POINT IN TIME: no STIR, no functional MK13, Janes' announcement of a refit. That's all we know for sure.

which SAM is onboard? if there is no sm-2 . sm-1 should be as we use it in past.

What else would you judge by, other than pics? I'll talk about the refit when I know about it i.e. when she comes out of it. AT THIS POINT IN TIME: no STIR, no functional MK13, Janes' announcement of a refit. That's all we know for sure.

Really !

Thats good I love it how america arms Pakistan to the teeth and citing that Pakistan is not doing enough against Terrorism or Bin Lardin is in Pakistan.

LIke arming up the enemy.

COOCOO :cheesy:

Jane's is indicating New SAM will be fitted.
I am expecting MK41 with 4x2 cells for ESSM or either reinstatement of MK13. But I hope SM-2 Block III is acquired which should give PN quite an advantage.

Really !

Thats good I love it how america arms Pakistan to the teeth and citing that Pakistan is not doing enough against Terrorism or Bin Lardin is in Pakistan.

It's called two faced diplomacy.

Really !

Well, she IS still to undergo refurbishment. Who knows what she'll carry after? Besides, when someone gives you something (the money involved in McInerney transfer is for the refurbishment, not the ship itself), should one whine about it if the gift isn't 100% what you would have liked it to be?

Yet you've chosen to live where?

Let me make myself very clear here,

I hate American Government and I hate American Foreign policy.

I like Americans, majority of which are understanding and respectful.

Now go back and read what part of the American Society i referred to...and criticized.

:pakistan::usflag:

Right...because other nations' Perry Class frigates retain the missile system capability with the Boeing Harpoon surface-to-surface missiles and Raytheon Standard SM-1MR surface-to-air missiles.
The overhaul of the frigate will include the fitting of an anti-submarine missile system, modern guns and other weapons. The latest anti-submarine missile system may be to safeguard against India’s demonstration in February, to launch nuclear capable missiles from underwater.

Yawn.

AT THIS POINT IN TIME no STIR no functional Mk13
The refurb is yet to come. We'll see what she carries after that.
Meanwhile, I seriously doubt the fitting of ASW-missiles. This can only be RUR-139 and this would require a Mk41 VLU. Which is a more expensive refit than reactivating Mk13 for Harpoon and SM1 and if a Mk41 were fitted, it would be better loaded with 32 ESSM rather than a measly 8 RUR-139.

Let me make myself very clear here,

I hate American Government and I hate American Foreign policy.

I like Americans, majority of which are understanding and respectful.

Now go back and read what part of the American Society i referred to...and criticized.

:pakistan::usflag:

The ship is yet to go to the shipyard for refurbishment and nonethelss you are already passing judgement.

In the US, they have consitutionally committed to 'government of the people, by the people, for the people'. So really, you can't seperate the US government from the US people....

Really !

hello MR who says that Mother ******* moron OBL is in Pakistan if you know plz tell his location. Problem is that u ******* britishers and yanks have failed in Afghanistan and Iraq and now trying to escape with ur tails between ur legs and wants to put blame on pakistan for ur own mistakes.:angry:

Anyone a fool to think american government is for the people by the people..it may have been founded that way but now a days american elections are largest fund collection events. The puppet with biggest PR budget and strongest propoganda mouth wins

This will just fill the gap until we finalize F-22P IIgen or F-23P with China.

Back
Top Bottom