What's new

NYPD officer arrested in India 'as revenge' for 'Nannygate' diplomatic scandal

Well, right now Indian authorities are milking him for his cash. Reportedly he already paid $10,000 to his India. lawyers and they're asking for close to 50k. Poor guy is just a cop, he doesn't that kind of money and those money grubbing crooks in New Delhi are heartless.

Last edited:
U.S. policeman-Devyani comparison ridiculous: India

The Indian Consulate in New York “dismissed as ridiculous” the notion that there was any connection between the detention of a New York Police Department official in New Delhi and the December 12, 2013 arrest of Devyani Khobragade, former Deputy Consul General, in New York.

In a statement forwarded by the Indian Embassy, a consulate spokesperson said, “The NYPD official was detained after his baggage was found to contain a few rounds of live ammunition when the bags were screened in New Delhi airport, prior to him taking a domestic flight. In India, this is a violation of the Arms Act.”

The spokesperson added that the official was released on bail “immediately” and was currently in India “awaiting a court date to resolve the case.”

Meanwhile, the State Department declined to comment on specifics of the case although it appeared to be aware of the incident.

In a press briefing, spokesperson Marie Harf said, “We are aware of the reports… that a U.S. citizen has been arrested. We, because of privacy considerations, don’t have further comment. Obviously, we provide consular service to any American citizen overseas.”

When pressed on whether the U.S. expected any retaliatory action for the way Ms. Khobragade was treated in a U.S. prison, Ms. Harf responded, “We’ve said we want to get past some of the tensions that have been there over the past several months and move on… India is a very close partner.”

The arrest of Ms. Khobragade sparked off a months-long diplomatic crisis between New Delhi and Washington, with India taking retaliatory measures against U.S. diplomatic interests there and U.S. Justice Department seeking a re-indictment of the diplomat after a U.S. judge ruled against her first indictment.

Matters appeared to cool down only in January, after Ms. Khobragade was granted full diplomatic immunity upon her transfer from the New York consulate to India’s Permanent Mission to the United Nations was authorised by the State Department.

The case against Ms. Khobragade stemmed from allegations of visa fraud and underpayment of salary to her domestic employee, Sangeeta Richard, who has apparently been given the right to reside in the U.S.
U.S. policeman-Devyani comparison ridiculous: India - The Hindu

Well, right now Indian authorities are milking him for his cash. Reportedly he already paid $10,000 to his India. lawyers and they're asking for close to 50k. Poor guy is just a cop, he doesn't that kind of money and those money grubbing crooks in New Delhi are heartless.
Lawyers eh.
I paid 24k for a freaking consumer case.
The US mission may help. If he is unable to defend himself, then the court will also appoint a lawyer for free!

Lawyers eh.
The US mission may help. If he is unable to defend himself, then the court will also appoint a lawyer for free!

May I know what is the bold part all about??

Yeah.. We should behave like Pakistan and let him go back without a trial even if he killed a couple of civilians. Right ? Does that remind you of someone ? aka RD

Although Semantics, there are caseless ammunition, so must may not be necessarily true. and whether in suitcase or sitting on my shelf, functional ammunition doesn't lose it's potential....
I think you are confused about the defination of Live Ammunition; Have you ever heard of the term "disposal of Live Ammunition"?

No, I think you are misconstruing what I said....

If it's caseless ammunition then they aren't lived rounds, just parts of a round.

PDF Think Tank Analyst's comprehension and ensuing debate - FAIL!

...and another FAIL for giving someone who called you out on your BS a negative rating! Big Fail right there. PDF title fail too! What a joke! Haha

Throw the NYPD cop in the slammer. The law is the law is the law.

Indian fool there isn't any comprehension problem, the man was carrying caseless ammunition that isn't live rounds, the big joke is you and your ilk who get kicked around day to day.

You Indians are just jealous and angry because your female diplomat was strip-searched and fingered multiple times and molested by US marshals.

Those three bullets could have been a knife used to take a hostage and hijack a plane.

Guess how the U.S. media would have reacted if it had been an officer from Iran who forgot 3 bullets in his pocket.

Yeah.. We should behave like Pakistan and let him go back without a trial even if he killed a couple of civilians. Right ? Does that remind you of someone ? aka RD
Your fixation with Pakistan is quiet saddening where you get blinded so much to bring Pakstan into ever thing.

This isn't about Pakistan or any diplomacy win or trying to teach US a lesson. This is an innocent man who is paying you people his hard earned money and may never be able to come out the debt hole you put him in by asking for ridiculous sums.

Lawyers eh.
Yeah absolutely, you get stuck stuck in foreign country over an honest mistake, let's see how many free lawyers you rely on to get out of there. Anyway, the India bashing here in NY over this case is quiet something.

Yeah absolutely, you get stuck stuck in foreign country over an honest mistake, let's see how many free lawyers you rely on to get out of there. Anyway, the India bashing here in NY over this case is quiet something.
Honest mistake or not, a law was broken and he got caught. Now it is up to the judge to decide on his fate once (s)he has heard the arguments.

Buddy word of advice if it's caseless ammunition then it isn't live nor was there any potential for it to be fired as they were in the suitcase. Though I understand you are angry about your female diplomat being strip-searched and fingered makes you feel violated and undressed.

How is this little Indian Hinduvata terrorist still allowed on this forum?
This is why i said what i said. !!!. for that you gave me a negative rating? :lol:

If it's caseless ammunition then they aren't lived rounds, just parts of a round.

Indian fool there isn't any comprehension problem, the man was carrying caseless ammunition that isn't live rounds, the big joke is you and your ilk who get kicked around day to day.

You Indians are just jealous and angry because your female diplomat was strip-searched and fingered multiple times and molested by US marshals.

I dont know which type of ammunition the man was carrying, the only reason I brought the caseless into the discussion was to highlight that case is not a "must be part" part as caseless ammunition exists.

I am not sure why you are not even trying to understand the point here, Any complete ammunition which can be fired, whether it is in your pocket or in you house or in your car or on your shelf is deemed as live ammunition... Live ammunition means complete ammunition capable of firing.. that's it.

as far as the diplomat is concerned, please refrain from using the words you are using... Please imagine if some one from your family went through such ordeal, how would you feel if people used it as browny points.

@Aeronaut ; @Oscar ... Please interject if you get a chance about "Live Ammunition"

Buddy word of advice if it's caseless ammunition then it isn't live nor was there any potential for it to be fired as they were in the suitcase. Though I understand you are angry about your female diplomat being strip-searched and fingered makes you feel violated and undressed.
Case less ammunition:
Heckler & Koch G11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Indians have napoleon complex, arresting US national to take revenge?

Your fixation with Pakistan is quiet saddening where you get blinded so much to bring Pakstan into ever thing.
:lol: with all thats going on, is it my fixation with Pakistan that saddens you ? :D

This isn't about Pakistan or any diplomacy win or trying to teach US a lesson. This is an innocent man who is paying you people his hard earned money and may never be able to come out the debt hole you put him in by asking for ridiculous sums.

Well, In India, people carrying live ammo into planes are not assumed to be innocent enough to be let go with a warning only. Its sad that he has to go thru this trauma if it was an honest mistake, but given that he is a law enforcement officer, the standards of conduct for him are that much higher.

btw, your flags show that you are in USA, and are a Pakistani muslim.. Try boarding a domestic flight with some live bullets in your pocket and then from Gitmo, if they allow you to use internet, let us all know how were you treated in comparison with the stuff this American Police officer is going thru ;)

Back
Top Bottom