What's new

Now you understand why China will not support....

Hafizzz

Reaction score
India to attend Nobel prize presentation to Liu
The Hindu : News / National : India to attend Nobel prize presentation to Liu

India will be participating at the presentation of the Nobel Peace Prize to Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobao on Friday in Oslo, Norway, according to the Nobel Prize Committee.

This comes despite China asking governments not to attend the ceremony which its sees as an act directed against it and is likely to create irritation in the bilateral ties.

India is among 44 countries which has confirmed its participation, Torill Johansen, Secretary in the Nobel Committee Staff, told PTI over phone from Oslo.

However, there was no immediate reaction available from the External Affairs Ministry here.

According to the Committee, “44 embassies have indicated that they will be represented at the Ceremony, two (Algeria and Sri Lanka) have not replied, and 19 have for various reasons declined our invitations.”

The 19 countries are — China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Columbia, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Serbia, Iraq, Iran, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Venezuela, the Philippines, Egypt, Sudan, Ukraine, Cuba and Morocco.

The Oslo ceremony comes only five days ahead of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao’s visit to the country. China has protested against the Nobel Committee’s decision to award Mr. Liu, saying “Liu Xiaobo is a criminal who has been sentenced by Chinese judicial departments for violating Chinese law.”

Mr. Liu is serving an 11-year jail term on subversion charges for his role in advocating democracy and multi-party rule.

Now you understand why China will support Germany or Brazil for permanent U.N. membership.

The 19 countries are — China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Columbia, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Serbia, Iraq, Iran, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Venezuela, the Philippines, Egypt, Sudan, Ukraine, Cuba and Morocco.

^^^In my opinion a New Alliance might be in the making.

You do realize that both Germany and Brazil have "snubbed" China by deciding to go to the Nobel presentation

Doesn't matter though. As others have pointed out, the ceremony was relatively minor in the scheme of things.

A wake up call for indians who thought vietnam is our enermy

In my opinion, Turkiye must be in this list !!!

Look at the countries who accepted not to attend the ceremony.
All are of rather less importance except Russia.
I wonder why Russia did so

:lol:

I wonder how many country will come to support india if some thing similar happen to india

Back
Top Bottom