What's new

Chinese university 'expels' economist Xia Yeliang

So what went wrong that such an experienced teacher suddenly became a worthless teacher?
From Chinese news report:
In recent years, Xia's teaching evaluations has been consistently the lowest of the whole School of Economics. The school has received more than 340 student complaints since 2006. The hiring and promotion committee voted against the renewal of his contract on Oct 26, 2012. As a courtesy, the school gave Xia one year extension. On Oct 11, 2013, the committee voted again. 34 out of 37 members showed up. 3 voted yes, 1 gave up, and 30 voted no. The school therefore terminated the contract.

The guy has been consistently last in place. The hiring and promotion committee which consist of his peer, professors and heads of departments in his faculty probably run out of patient and finally vote him out.

The guy probably politicize the issue to pressurize the committee to save his job. The economics faculty of Beijing university discriminate him because of his political belief? really?

Now the western media is picking this up and making a fuss. So not only Chinese government is dictatorial, Beijing university too!

Oh great, now we can't even fire a ******* teacher by DEMOCRATIC VOTING by the Peking faculty member.This is getting ******* going too far with Western bias.

You cant prevent the trend of democracy, freedom, human right, and so many many universal values

Xia Yeliang will be remembered by the people of China! Support him 4ever for he speaks the truth!!! I believe one day he will be a big person in Chinese history just like our Nobel Peace Prize winner LIU Shiao Bo.

someone can delete my posts here? why I can view my posts? This forum is controlled by commies now?
Who the **** are you? And why are you not talking about Thailand rather than talking about us? Another one of the faker in here? Anybody knows this guy history?

You cant prevent the trend of democracy, freedom, human right, and so many many universal values

Xia Yeliang will be remembered by the people of China! Support him 4ever for he speaks the truth!!! I believe one day he will be a big person in Chinese history just like our Nobel Peace Prize winner LIU Shiao Bo.

someone can delete my posts here? why I can view my posts? This forum is controlled by commies now?
Who the **** are you? And why are you not talking about Thailand rather than talking about us? Another one of the faker in here? Anybody knows this guy history?

"In recent years, Xia's teaching evaluations has been consistently the lowest of the whole School of Economics. The school has received more than 340 student complaints since 2006. "

A typical hanjian needs to be kick out and go back to where they belong which is USA so they can continue their asskissing career.
Unlike most people, I've seen how Chinese students and professors act when they are transplanted from Chinese to American universities. I don't know if what I witnessed is the rule, of course, but what I saw was Chinese students "asskissing" Chinese professors - and these professors appeared to expect such treatment and be put off otherwise.

(A little digging into Chinese history reveals that its bureaucracy was highly educated but lacked checks and balances; fifedoms were created and perpetuated regardless of imperial need or larger realities. So 19th-century Chinese bureaucrats assured the emperor that Westerners' gunboats would be useless against Chinese artillery dating back to the 15th century. I suppose many of China's current schools follow in this tradition.)

So I wonder if what really happened was that the students in China attempted "asskissing" only to have Xia spurn it and tell them he would stick to the "proper" academic conduct that is the norm in America.

On the other hand, I've also seen this "asskissing" conduct by Chinese teachers and professors corrupt and compromise American universities to some extent. So you might want to look at the evaluations of American students or faculty. I couldn't find student evals, but the faculty at Wellesley was overwhelmingly supportive: link

ship these bastards to india /usa to air their freedom and democracy there and conveniently receive their payrolls from the cia and the warmongers through their us bank accounts.

this forum is controlled by the mods and the webmaster

I bet you havent come across this piece of trash known as xia yeliang before you comment on this thread

ship these bastards to india /usa to air their freedom and democracy there and conveniently receive their payrolls from the cia and the warmongers through their us bank accounts.

I bet you havent come across this piece of trash known as xia yeliang before you comment on this thread

cha ching, you hear that- YOUR line of CIA, Indians, the west did it... has earned you special monetary bonuses !

Since you are against just words spoken ( I know it throws you guys in a tizzy when a person opines in China for free speech and democracy). some recommendations for future bonuses are

To:
- arrest him and throw him in labor camp
- arrest his wife and kids and throw them into re education labor camps, different from what the Professor will get
- arrest his brothers, uncles, parents , cousins, neighbors, associates, his local vendor and his barber...

Unlike most people, I've seen how Chinese students and professors act when they are transplanted from Chinese to American universities. I don't know if what I witnessed is the rule, of course, but what I saw was Chinese students "asskissing" Chinese professors - and these professors appeared to expect such treatment and be put off otherwise.

(A little digging into Chinese history reveals that its bureaucracy was highly educated but lacked checks and balances; fifedoms were created and perpetuated regardless of imperial need or larger realities. So 19th-century Chinese bureaucrats assured the emperor that Westerners' gunboats would be useless against Chinese artillery dating back to the 15th century. I suppose many of China's current schools follow in this tradition.)

So I wonder if what really happened was that the students in China attempted "asskissing" only to have Xia spurn it and tell them he would stick to the "proper" academic conduct that is the norm in America.

On the other hand, I've also seen this "asskissing" conduct by Chinese teachers and professors corrupt and compromise American universities to some extent. So you might want to look at the evaluations of American students or faculty. I couldn't find student evals, but the faculty at Wellesley was overwhelmingly supportive: link

Solomon, I submit - that it is perhaps a by product of the Stockholm Syndrome seen among their populous and every non democratic society. But if there is a hint of democracy then you will see -for example in IRAN, were the citizenry mindset are quite opposite, as a majority, of the quote " brainwashing permeates down from the top"

Learn to hear different voice, this is a symbol of maturity

he must be apply for US green card, need some decent credentials for the US to bring him in. This news should do it.

Learn some maturity when these traitors are selling the sovereignty of my Country out!

Your beloved country is not in the traitors' hand, it's in your evil master's hand. the only people can sell the sovereignty is your master, not the so called traitors.

如果你是利益集團,我理解你的西斯地裡。如果你和我一樣是一介平民,我真的鄙視你,痛恨你的無知和可悲。如果你是五毛黨,那麼恭喜你收入增加了

he must be apply for US green card, need some decent credentials for the US to bring him in. This news should do it.

love your country, come back, dont stay abroad.

Ship his ******* *** back to the USA where he belongs or better yet, to India where he can preach democracy to the World's top slave country.

Your beloved country is not in the traitors' hand, it's in your evil master's hand. the only people can sell the sovereignty is your master, not the so called traitors.

如果你是利益集團,我理解你的西斯地裡。如果你和我一樣是一介平民,我真的鄙視你,痛恨你的無知和可悲。如果你是五毛黨,那麼恭喜你收入增加了

love your country, come back, dont stay abroad.

Why do you think commoner would share the same view as you? If you go to some forums in China, people there might share the same views as you do, but are they the best examples of China as a whole? It is just the same as are the people here let it be Indian or Chinese are the examples for their country?

You keep saying interest group as it is some elite society in China, but in reality the majority of the people in China are within this interest group. Most people in China complains about the government are those who think they are left behind because of the government's policies, but indeed they are the minority in the society as a whole. They got left behind because of their own imcompetence and laziness. Do you think people who go to college and get a good job making a decent living in China would be on those forum complaining and whining? No, they would spend their time enjoying their lives. Last time my high school classmate who is working in NYC as team leader in one of the biggest investment firm came to visit, I jokingly asked him about the occupying wall street movement, and he said that most people there were just to trying to hand over their own resumes. It is the same goes for China, the government becomes an easist target for people to blame because there is no open forum for those kind of debate. Even in a free society such as HK, the government got blamed all the time to a point of being ridiculous. It is easy to blame someone else than to exam oneself for ones own misfortune.

As for the government, I think it is necessary for China to have a stronger government and competent leaders let it be CPC or someone else. Democracy at least the western style democracy is not suitable for China and its people. I think the Japanese system where LDP was the de facto one party government for the first 50 years after WWII is a pretty good example China should learn from.

Why do you think commoner would share the same view as you? If you go to some forums in China, people there might share the same views as you do, but are they the best examples of China as a whole? It is just the same as are the people here let it be Indian or Chinese are the examples for their country?

You keep saying interest group as it is some elite society in China, but in reality the majority of the people in China are within this interest group. Most people in China complains about the government are those who think they are left behind because of the government's policies, but indeed they are the minority in the society as a whole. They got left behind because of their own imcompetence and laziness. Do you think people who go to college and get a good job making a decent living in China would be on those forum complaining and whining? No, they would spend their time enjoying their lives. Last time my high school classmate who is working in NYC as team leader in one of the biggest investment firm came to visit, I jokingly asked him about the occupying wall street movement, and he said that most people there were just to trying to hand over their own resumes. It is the same goes for China, the government becomes an easist target for people to blame because there is no open forum for those kind of debate. Even in a free society such as HK, the government got blamed all the time to a point of being ridiculous. It is easy to blame someone else than to exam oneself for ones own misfortune.

As for the government, I think it is necessary for China to have a stronger government and competent leaders let it be CPC or someone else. Democracy at least the western style democracy is not suitable for China and its people. I think the Japanese system where LDP was the de facto one party government for the first 50 years after WWII is a pretty good example China should learn from.

深陷泥潭,不自知

Back
Top Bottom