What's new

Now Indians have a problem with the Colombo Lotus Tower...

Good luck with the ports. As we all know Indian mainland is not suitable for harbors except for few key places.

India's only choice is Sri Lanka as all ways.

Yes, according to World Shipping Council, Sri Lanka's Colombo port had a volume of 4.31 million TEU's in 2013, ranked number #33 in the world, #1 in South Asia.

Untitled3.png

Colombo South Container Terminal CSCT

The 2.4 million TEU's capacity Colombo South Container Terminal, the first terminal under new expansion in the Port of Colombo is built by Colombo International Container Terminals Ltd., (CICT), a joint venture Company between China Merchants Holdings (International) Co., Ltd. (CMHI) and the Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA). It is developing the new port under a 35 year build, operate, and transfer agreement with the SLPA.

Commenced construction in December 2011, the first pace was ceremonially opened for traffic on 8 August 2013 making Colombo Port complex one of the biggest in the World. Total length of new Breakwater is 6830m. Berth Depth is 18m.

Colombo-Port-South-Container-Terminal-Presented.jpg

Last edited:
JESUS CHRIST, LOOKING AT THIS THREAD AND SOME MEMBERS REACTIONS ON HERE, I UNDERSTAND WHY SOUTH ASIA IS BY FARRR THE MOST BACKWARD/POOREST REGION IN ASIA AND EVEN THE WORLD(YES WORSE THAN MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES I HAVE BEEN TO). SEEMS THINGS WONT CHANGE ANYTIME SOON. CONTINUE WITH YOUR PARANOIA.:rofl::cheesy:

More childish paranoia, as seems to be the forte of the OP.

India can do what ever it feel good. Sri Lanka can also counter what India does. Sri Lanka is not like Nepal or Bhutan.

Impotent threat, comical though. :lol:

The Chinese are building road connections in Nepal, ports in Pakistan and Bangladesh, air ports in the Maldives (after an indian firm got kicked out).....etc etc. Dr Gupta, get used to it the Chinese are comming.

They have been coming for a while, and will keep coming, we'll deal with that as we see fit. Little countries created by India should not bother about games of larger players.

None taken, yup i am "mixed race" but I am Bangladeshi too (dual national), though I may not look like it. Mind you Bangladeshis come in a variety of shades.

Dont worry we got loads of money now, easy to buy the BSF and your cows. Going to Dhaka, again for the summer...looking forward to more steaks and beef kabeb, beef curry. Gonna visit Punjab too.....

Yeah majority of Bangladeshis in Bangladesh are very tolerant, live and let live specially in cities...but what is common is we dont like you...just kidding...We hate all indians....:mad:. The common people dont drink etc...but now theres a lot of new people with money, so yeah drink an drugs are common in some circles.

I can't speak about Bangladesh but in UK I know quite a few Bangladeshis they seem cool to me

Are you fcukin retarded? the world doesn't revolve around bharat mata

Read what I wrote before you troll, I said if Sri Lanka uses it's soil on anti India activities and that is a big if

More childish paranoia, as seems to be the forte of the OP.

They have been coming for a while, and will keep coming, we'll deal with that as we see fit. Little countries created by India should not bother about games of larger players.

Your right india should be care of games played by China and the US, wouldn't want to soil your pants would you.

Your right india should be care of games played by China and the US, wouldn't want to soil your pants would you.

Hiding behind US now. :rofl:

Dude you referenced India and that 'China was coming', so what has that got to do with US? Anyway, I understand your pain and consequently hardly expect a logical response from you. :lol:

JESUS CHRIST, LOOKING AT THIS THREAD AND SOME MEMBERS REACTIONS ON HERE, I UNDERSTAND WHY SOUTH ASIA IS BY FARRR THE MOST BACKWARD/POOREST REGION IN ASIA AND EVEN THE WORLD(YES WORSE THAN MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES I HAVE BEEN TO). SEEMS THINGS WONT CHANGE ANYTIME SOON. CONTINUE WITH YOUR PARANOIA.:rofl::cheesy:

Your original acc got banned or what? Anyway welcome back, pal!

Back to topic, the Lotus Tower is just a reflection on somewhat SL here is making a difference. Take per capita GDP as an example, SL (WB 2013 data $3,280) is way higher than Sub-Saharan African average ($1,738), more than double of neighboring India's ($1,499), even getting close to Indonesia ($3,475; biggest economy of ASEAN; G20 country). They also perform much better in UN's HDI, and WB's poverty index. Relatively speaking, they are already quite developed.

I would say if SL continues its current path on building infrastructure, forging closer integration with ASEAN (and E Asia) while able to maintain social stability, it will continue or even widen its economic lead in the region.

Hiding behind US now. :rofl:

Dude you referenced India and that 'China was coming', so what has that got to do with US? Anyway, I understand your pain and consequently hardly expect a logical response from you. :lol:

To get a logical answer, ask a logical question....

Back to topic, the Lotus Tower is just a reflection on somewhat SL here is making a difference. Take per capita GDP as an example, SL (WB 2013 data $3,280) is way higher than Sub-Saharan African average ($1,738), more than double of neighboring India's ($1,499), even getting close to Indonesia ($3,475; biggest economy of ASEAN; G20 country). They also perform much better in UN's HDI, and WB's poverty index. Relatively speaking, they are already quite developed.

I would say if SL continues its current path on building infrastructure, forging closer integration with ASEAN (and E Asia) while able to maintain social stability, it will continue or even widen its economic lead in the region.

Sri Lanka has always had a good education system, and governence. There geographical position is a huge advantage, one of the very few natural deep ports in the Indian Ocean apart from Singapore. Expect them to grow very very fast in the comming decades.

Back to topic, the Lotus Tower is just a reflection on somewhat SL here is making a difference. Take per capita GDP as an example, SL (WB 2013 data $3,280) is way higher than Sub-Saharan African average ($1,738), more than double of neighboring India's ($1,499), even getting close to Indonesia ($3,475; biggest economy of ASEAN; G20 country). They also perform much better in UN's HDI, and WB's poverty index.

I dont know why or who banned me myself bro. Well no offence taken anyway, i know many people on here were uncomfortable with my honesty, since they say the truth hurts. I'm used to that anyway, so i dont mind or care. hihihihihihi.:D

Well, yes i know Sri lanka is an exception in South Asia in terms of its living standards, but thats only because they are living in a region thats sooooo poor/backward.loool Had they been in any other region say East Asia, South America, North Africa, or even South East Asia(to some extent) they wil stil be among the most poorest/backward as well.loool In short they are just better because their neighbours are even more poorer/backward.:tsk: This region needs a REAL wake up call or even state of emergency, the most worrying thing is that most of them dont even seem to care.:blah::tsk:

Sri Lanka has always had a good education system, and governence. There geographical position is a huge advantage, one of the very few natural deep ports in the Indian Ocean apart from Singapore. Expect them to grow very very fast in the comming decades.

Exactly! SL is already a relatively developed country in the region no matter in economic or social indicators. Take an example, just the South Container Terminal alone will add 2.4M TEUs to the existing 4.3M of Colombo Port, making it close to 7M TEU! That can surpass Long Beach of US and get into world's top 20 ports!

Back
Top Bottom