What's new

Now Indians have a problem with the Colombo Lotus Tower...

Which part of that statement is incorrect? Do we have much in common? Is there any common groud between any south asian nation? What are the feeling between people of the region? Lets talk realistic.

What have Bangladeshis got in common with indians?

I don't know, why don't you ask your Bangladeshi community who seem to use the 'Indian' restaurant tag on their restaurants maybe because they ashamed to be labelled as Bangladeshi?

I can understand their concern when you people are bottom of the social indicators in the UK

If you want nothing to do with India why you sell Bollywood DVD's in Bangla town? or use Indian on your restaurants. I do agree with you on one thing though you people look different to the likes of me.

Why you indians always have to opt for state sponsered cross-border terrorism in the neighborhood if the neighbors want to pursue a sovereign foreign policy?

Seems like you have not learned anything from the past that your support for cross-border terrorism fires back massively when this terrorism reaches back to your own country.

A piece of advise, stop this terrorism in the neighboring countries, learn something from China. And you might actually earn some respect. Otherwiese dont go around the world like a cry baby when the chickens come back home to roost.

Some of Our religious teachings makes some kind of people radicals and they want to subjugate others !

I don't know why don't you ask your Bangladeshi community who seem to use the 'Indian' restaurant tag on their restaurants maybe because they ashamed to be labelled as Bangladeshi?

I can understand their concern when you people are bottom of the social indicators in the UK

Back with the same old "bottom of the social indicator", we use the term india because thats what the english know the subcontinent as so what it's business (Though this is changing as a lot of them are rebranding and using the term Bangladeshi). Now you queried about my statement and I still say we south asians nothing in common, unless you can prove otherwise, the original statement holds true.

Sri Lanka and Tamilnadu have problems and it has destroyed the relations between India and Lanka. Besides, Lanka was richer and better country during British era compared to India. Obviously, you will grow into a developed country. But, in India, there is a religious government in the power and generally they see Pakistan, parts of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Ceylon all as part of the Akhand Bharat. So, unlike early government this government will be more oriented towards controlling neighbouring countries especially Lanka. You know..religious motivation is stronger and when seeing the merger of neighbouring countries to Bharat as a religious duty, things are different.

Last edited:
Back with the same old "bottom of the social indicator", we use the term india because thats what the english know the subcontinent as so what it's business (Though this is changing as a lot of them are rebranding and using the term Bangladeshi). Now you queried about my statement and I still say we south asians nothing in common, unless you can prove otherwise, the original statement holds true.

If like you mentioned we have nothing in common and I don't know much about your culture but I know there is cultural links between Bangladesh and West Bengal be it language, food, culture, religion or family. But yes for me you people are aliens as I look nothing like you nor do I speak your language etc.

BBC Four - India's Frontier Railways, The Maitree Express

This was a good documentary on the train line which runs from West Bengal to Dhaka showing the similarities.

curse.jpg

You could have used bigger font, Bro !!!

If like you mentioned we have nothing in common and I don't know much about your culture but I know there is cultural links between Bangladesh and West Bengal be it language, food, culture, religion or family. But yes for me you people are aliens as I look nothing like you nor do I speak your language etc.

Nah, theres no "cultural link" .

Language: Bangali spoken in WB is different from that spoken in Bangladesh, and as time goes by that difference is Getting more pronounced.

Food: Food consumed in WB is different, as majority of WB is hindu and Bangladesh is muslim, the types of food and way its cooked is also different.

Religion: WB is majority hindu, and Bangladesh is majority muslim.

Family: Majority of those connections have died out ages ago.

Cultural: First define what you mean by culture, if its music may be but still the divergence here is getting bigger.

So even between people of WB and those in Bangladesh....each day there is less and less in common.

Nah, theres no "cultural link" .

Language: Bangali spoken in WB is different from that spoken in Bangladesh, and as time goes by that difference is Getting more pronounced.

Food: Food consumed in WB is different, as majority of WB is hindu and Bangladesh is muslim, the types of food and way its cooked is also different.

Religion: WB is majority hindu, and Bangladesh is majority muslim.

Family: Majority of those connections have died out ages ago.

Cultural: First define what you mean by culture, if its music may be but still the divergence here is getting bigger.

So even between people of WB and those in Bangladesh....each day there is less and less in common.

Still the Bengali Hindus eat fish and meat like the Muslims in Bangladeshi plus they share religious ties, I suggest you watch that program as I think you are living in the dream world.

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/123200/123293.jpg

See this is Kolkata fish market they also are fond of fish like you

Still the Bengali Hindus eat fish and meat like the Muslims in Bangladeshi plus they share religious ties, I suggest you watch that program as I think you are living in the dream world.

Dude, I saw that ages ago. I live the experience, I know what its like. I travel between Dhaka and
Kolkata regularly and i know the differences and experienced the differences.

Oh and india is not WB, so my original statement is still valid, there is very little in common between india and Bangladesh...

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/123200/123293.jpg

See this is Kolkata fish market they also are fond of fish like you

Nah I hate fish, BEEF....thats were it is. A nice big fat COW steak, medium rare.

Dude, I saw that ages ago. I live the experience, I know what its like. I travel between Dhaka and

Oh and india is not WB, so my original statement is still valid, there is very little in common between india and Bangladesh...

Last time I checked WB was located in India right? so it is a part of India, What you mean to say is that you people differ from us North Indians right? and yes I agree with you there as I have very little in common with you in terms of food, culture, language etc but we do love cricket don't we? :lol: plus the arts and literature

Nah I hate fish, BEEF....thats were it is. A nice big fat COW steak, medium rare.

You are Bangladeshi and you hate fish?? :rofl:

But your cows are made in India so you eating our cows :angry:

What about a nice Bacon sandwich? ever tried a crispy BLT?

7623317b9c414504cc4e5fe0055aac52.jpg

It is nice tower, 350m tallest in South Asia, looks very artistic. A great addition to your beautiful country! I have briefly checked on some infrastructure-related projects as below:
  • Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport in Hambantota
  • Putlam Power Plant
  • Colombo-Katunayake Expressway
  • Colombo Lotus Tower <---- what this thread is about
  • South Container Terminal of Colombo Port
  • Colombo Port City <--- Sri Lanka gets Chinese investors as president heads for China | Page 3
  • Extension Lines of South Highway from Pinnaduwa to Godagama
  • Railway from Matara to Beliatta
  • Some road construction projects like, A9 to Jaffna
Am I correct on the list? Anyway best wishes to Lankan bros!

@Gibbs @Azizam @AndrewJin @Yizhi

P.S. While AIIB is in the making, we can look into more on infrastructure in general! Check the thread
“Dear President, how can we help your country?” - AIIB

Last edited:
Last time I checked WB was located in India right? so it is a part of India, What you mean to say is that you people differ from us North Indians right? and yes I agree with you there as I have very little in common with you in terms of food, culture, language etc but we do love cricket don't we? :lol: plus the arts and literature

You are Bangladeshi and you hate fish?? :rofl:

But your cows are made in India so you eating our cows :angry:

What about a nice Bacon sandwich? ever tried a crispy BLT?

Nope, we differ from WB bengalis too, very little in common. And rest of you indians look like ET to us too.....yeah were fond of eating your cows....:-)...I'm agnostic, my dads Dutch and my mums Bangladeshi so no problem having a BLT if I want one....:p:.

Nope, we differ from WB bengalis too, very little in common. And rest of you indians look like ET to us too.....yeah were fond of eating your cows....:-)...I'm agnostic, my dads Dutch and my mums Bangladeshi so no problem having a BLT if I want one....:p:.

No offence but in this case you would not be strictly 100% Bangladeshi would you? if you are mixed raced that means you only partially Bangladeshi with partial features and dna.

The cow prices are going to go up though due to the banning by Modi so I hope you guys have deep pockets :-)

TBH I always found UK Bangladeshis to be more tolerant and relaxed such as drinking, etc yeah you do get the religious ones too but I met quite a few who smoke weed, drink etc

No offence but in this case you would not be strictly 100% Bangladeshi would you? if you are mixed raced that means you only partially Bangladeshi with partial features and dna.

The cow prices are going to go up though due to the banning by Modi so I hope you guys have deep pockets :-)

None taken, yup i am "mixed race" but I am Bangladeshi too (dual national), though I may not look like it. Mind you Bangladeshis come in a variety of shades.

Dont worry we got loads of money now, easy to buy the BSF and your cows. Going to Dhaka, again for the summer...looking forward to more steaks and beef kabeb, beef curry. Gonna visit Punjab too.....

TBH I always found UK Bangladeshis to be more tolerant and relaxed such as drinking, etc yeah you do get the religious ones too but I met quite a few who smoke weed, drink etc

Yeah majority of Bangladeshis in Bangladesh are very tolerant, live and let live specially in cities...but what is common is we dont like you...just kidding...We hate all indians....:mad:. The common people dont drink etc...but now theres a lot of new people with money, so yeah drink an drugs are common in some circles.

Nope its a legitimate security concern if such a listening tower was built with Chinese technology which could be used to spy on India.
Are you fcukin retarded? the world doesn't revolve around bharat mata

Back
Top Bottom