What's new

Not a veiled threat: Burqa ban in France from April

You claim is fatuous. Why don't you answer my charge instead of deflecting? Isn't banning an Islamic dress intolerance against the religion of Islam?

First tell me this:
Is Burqa a religious symbol endorsed in their holy scripture?

Rights can not be violated period. Patriot Act has sunset clause.

Sunset clause is SELECTIVE:

§201 Wiretapping for terrorism cases
§202 Wiretapping for computer fraud and abuse
§203(b) and (d) Sharing of wiretap and foreign intelligence information
§§204, 206, 207, 214, 215, 218, and 225 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act related sections including roving wiretaps
§209 Warranted seizure of voicemail messages
§217 Computer trespasser communications
§220 Nationwide service or warrants for electronic evidence
§223 Privacy violation civil liability

It does not cover A to Z...

France has done the right thing.

PARIS: France will start enforcing a ban next month on full Islamic face veils, officials said, meaning any veiled woman can be summoned to a police station and asked to remove her face-covering or pay a fine.

Officials say the law is mainly symbolic and police will not call in every veiled woman they see to avoid stigmatising Muslims. But a Paris imam said forcing veiled women to present themselves at a police station would be just as uncomfortable.

When France passed the ban on full face veils last year, Muslim leaders voiced concern that it could lead to veiled Muslim women being unfairly treated by police or singled out for harassment.

"My gut reaction is to say this is all a bit clumsy," said Moussa Niambele, the imam of a mosque in Paris.

The ban forbids wearing any garment concealing the face in a public space, namely the street, public transport, shops, schools, courtrooms, hospitals and government buildings. From April 11, police are instructed to summon veil-wearers to a station, where they will be asked to remove the garment for "identification" and leave it off. If the wearer refuses to remove it they will be fined up to $208.

Not a veiled threat Burqa ban in France from April

I dont like the harsh Patriot act of the USA, but I guess I have to live with it and abide by the las of land, the other harsh option would be to leave the US.
What civilised Pakistanis think of above ??

:coffee: That is a religious discrimination.

well , Sikh turban was banned from schools, Christian cross was banned from schools....................I think they are not discriminating against any particular one

When does France or any non-muslim countries care about islamic laws?

According to the Islamic laws, this can be counted as 'sexual harassment' depending upon the intentions of the police officer.
Although I point out, being a muslim, that a niqab should be worn widely, but Hijab must be compulsary for them. The covering using a Niqab can, in the modern time, cause a terror threat.

So, if the muslim women are feeling uncomfortable with the laws, better go back to their homeland.

When does France or any non-muslim countries care about islamic laws?

Same can be said of Saudi, Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria, Kuwait.......

What France does to Muslims, above countries do to Non Muslims....

Fair enough?

A french man can not walk in half pants in Saudia....why?

I think that Burqa should be more of a personal choice, but at the same France is a secular country, so if you live in such country you will have to respect its laws

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom