What's new

Not a veiled threat: Burqa ban in France from April

I'm talking about respect of the freedom of the individual, not the freedom to deny others their freedom, as you seems to imply.

this is a generic term, used & abused as per one's convenience. if france is curtailing this in the name security, so is other countries.. middle eastern countries curtail this in the name of relegion.. so has china banned some for political reasons. end of the day people need to respect one's rule of law & learn to live with that instead of looking for exemptions.

We have nudist beaches. That spurious comparison aside, covering your body with a burqa for the sake of privacy is diametrically opposed to uncovering your entire body.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

If any suicide bomber tries to enter a western country wearing a burqa, that is the surest way to attract scrutiny by the police and security forces.

it's not about entering a country wearing burqa..but any terrorist can use this on the streets, pubic places to move undetected.

Wrong. Banning the burqa is about religious intolerance for Islam. Having respect for other cultures and other modes of dress is the basis of good manners, something that you seem incapable of.

I see clearly that you are off your high horse already, because before you started with freedom shik, and I dont see that NOW.
You are changing tracks as per your convenience:

The burqa ban is wrong on so many levels: freedom, religion, and human rights.

Every country has them (laws), whether we abide them or stay behind bars, pay fines is what would matter.

Thats your way of thinking. There are more than two choices available when a Law comes into effect As an American I make sure my rights are not violated. .

Thats your way of thinking. There are more than two choices available when a Law comes into effect As an American I make sure my rights are not violated. .

Rights are different, and so are laws!

In france its not your RIGHT to put burqa.......PERIOD.
Because its the law...
What would you do?
Pay fine or ......

it's not about entering a country wearing burqa..but any terrorist can use this on the streets, pubic places to move undetected.

Talking to you Indian boys is like talking to a rock. You can't generalize. I have to spell everything out for you. I repeat: If anyone in Canada walks into a public building wearing a burqa, she will instantly attract the attention of a every security officer. They are incapable of blending in and would make terrible suicide bombers. Your statement that terrorists can use the burqa to commit terrorism in the West is a delusion.

I see clearly that you are off your high horse already, because before you started with freedom shik, and I dont see that NOW.
You are changing tracks as per your convenience:

You claim is fatuous. Why don't you answer my charge instead of deflecting? Isn't banning an Islamic dress intolerance against the religion of Islam?

Rights are different, and so are laws!

In france its not your RIGHT to put burqa.......PERIOD.
Because its the law...
What would you do?
Pay fine or ......

I doubt you understand the Bill of Rights and the Judicial system. There are number of challenges against the Health Care acts. The plaintiffs are claiming that forcing American to buy Health Insurance is a violation of a right.

Talking to you Indian boys is like talking to a rock. You can't generalize. I have to spell everything out for you. I repeat: If anyone in Canada walks into a public building wearing a burqa, she will instantly attract the attention of a every security officer. They are incapable of blending in and would make terrible suicide bombers. Your statement that terrorists can use the burqa to commit terrorism in the West is a delusion.

So even nudists cannot commit terrorism. Nudists cannot be terrorists. Why is nudism banned in public places?

So even nudists cannot commit terrorism. Nudists cannot be terrorists. Why is nudism banned in public places?

You're the one who drags in nude people into a discussion on religious coverings. Talk about an irrelevant comparison. Why don't you explain the connection to me yourself?

Your statement that terrorists can use the burqa to commit terrorism in the West is a delusion.

Its your delusion if you think AK-47 cant be hidden within an overall like Burqa, and no fear of being identified due to Burqa which covers your face. The legislation in question refers to the bans being placed on clothing that conceals the identity of people in public.

Whats the problem from security point of view ?

Back
Top Bottom