What's new

North-South Indian divide & idea of "DravidaNadu"

Should south breakaway from India?

• Total voters
I was posted in Nasik for 2 years as a Defence Civilian. I had colleagues from numerous states north south east west. No body had any issue against Idea of India. No body. It's amazing to see people so different in various aspects of their lives are still proud citizens of India.
Good to hear brother. I hope you didn't face any problems while living there. May I ask where you are from originally?

In fact you are forced by north Indians to follow a foreign culture, civilization and religion like a zombie.
Ahh..cute

See the south India map clearly it not same as before 2014

17448737_304.gif

One language (Telugu)/One Culture ...... few misconceptions result is

Huge riots/strikes and the state is divided into two and u people are dreaming united South with a lot of different languages.

Bro no need to see it as No DravidaNadu because southern states are not compatible with each other. See it as No DravidaNadu because we have no goddamn right to question any state's Indian-ness.

India is more than just sum of its parts.

India will never break up unless the central government becomes extremely weak. At the same time, the center/state relationship has to change drastically where the states feels that they are better off with more control over revenue and planning.

Good to hear brother. I hope you didn't face any problems while living there. May I ask where you are from originally?

I am from Lucknow brother. No I had to face no issues. I appreciated the weather , the Sula Vineyards and the fact that women take much more active part in economic activities there compared to here in UP. I saw women working as electricians , women driving commercial vehicles etc etc. That was a welcome change.

Locals were friendly. Very touchy about Shivaji but that's part of culture there. So no complaints in short.

Hindi is not at all forced on anyone. Every state in India has a right to teach hindi in its state curriculum and apart from Tamilnadu everyone else learn hindi in school. You don't have to know any language except English to work anywhere in India but one should learn the local language whether hindi or Tamil to assimilate better.

South India benefits a lot from energy and minerals,.labour from north india and white collar professionals also.

UK has done a paper brexit but the actual brexit is very very difficult. It will affect the UK economy bigtime and that of London as an economic hub. People are still wondering what will happen.

Keep living in a bubble. I have seen many h1b professionals here in US from various Dravidian states who revealed that mostly south Indian jobs are gifted to bimarus, while Dravidians seeking jobs in the north are disqualified just because they don't know hindi, of course it is not declared but that's the case.

Yes keep living in more bubble, in fact northern so called labors are eating up southern jobs but hey if you speak your northern masters will declare you desh drohi.

Yes now you are an expert of brexit too. While I have people in UK who tell me how things were becoming difficult when British was in the union. Basically UK providing funds to EU to bail out countries like Greece etc while getting eastern Europeans, Polish, Romanians, Bulgarians, Serbian even gypsies as migrant workers. Similar equation in India against Dravidians. But keep sleeping.

India will never break up unless the central government becomes extremely weak. At the same time, the center/state relationship has to change drastically where the states feels that they are better off with more control over revenue and planning.

States already get 42% of the taxes collected by the goverment. Beyond that there are various Centrally Sponsored Schemes run by govt too where the Central govt shares expenditure ( 60% centre 40% state ) . Recently various of these schemes have been made flexible where states can choose their own targets and the manner they wanna spend that money.

You are either quoting Bharti propaganda sources or western sources whose actual source is a bharti.

The day Indians like him learn to embrace and accept truth instead of fighting it is the day their lives will change for the better.

I don't blame them: the concept of absolute truth does not exist in India like it does in Western countries, Islamic countries, China and other East Asian countries. Everything in India is relative. Indians have a painful aversion to truthful facts.

In my personal dealings with so many Indians at work, I have learned that the best way to manage their expectations is to not tell them the truth as they can't handle it very well. They prefer living in cloud-cuckoo-land.

All Indians study the stories of Raja Harishchandra and Mahatma Gandhi in their schools. The importance of truth in one's character development etc. They forget those lessons as soon as they step into adulthood. Truth, only becomes relative to them.

That is why so many Indians have such a hard time overseas because they simply can't handle the truth, about their finances, immigration status whatever. I wish I could help them but they are tone-deaf. They don't like painful solutions.

Keep living in a bubble. I have seen many h1b professionals here in US from various Dravidian states who revealed that mostly south Indian jobs are gifted to bimarus, while Dravidians seeking jobs in the north are disqualified just because they don't know hindi, of course it is not declared but that's the case.

Yes keep living in more bubble, in fact northern so called labors are eating up southern jobs but hey if you speak your northern masters will declare you desh drohi.

Yes now you are an expert of brexit too. While I have people in UK who tell me how things were becoming difficult when British was in the union. Basically UK providing funds to EU to bail out countries like Greece etc while getting eastern Europeans, Polish, Romanians, Bulgarians, Serbian even gypsies as migrant workers. Similar equation in India against Dravidians. But keep sleeping.
Ha ha ha..

Labours from North eating up southern jobs . lol.

Right now... At this very moment... Labours are leaving southern states to come back to native areas and you know what ... States are REQUESTING THEM NOT TO LEAVE and in such cases even asking them to COME BACK.

With that "AMERICAN pakistani" name I believed you knew more about economic value of migrants. Or may be you contribute jack&$#t there and therefore don't know importance of economic migrants.

You got your facts wrong. Hardly anybody speaks Hindi in South.

Yes you can at least try. Isn't Urdu is forced on every Pakistani state. Does anybody learn Punjabi language in your side of Punjab. Or Is Kashmiri taught in your side of Kashmir.

You are trying very hard to unite Pakistan through Urdu. Whether it will be artificial only time will tell.

True, nobody like to associate with north Indian hindi.

Urdu is widely spoken in Punjab and Kashmir. In fact Lahore was the region where Urdu was initially developed along with Lucknow Muslims.

Yes we are taught Sindhi in schools in Sindh.

Our country was here historically under IVC banner, unlike yours which is artificial creation of British.

No more off topics. You are welcome to open a thread on that topic.

I didn't knew that until few people from South India told me this in US. They are proud of their language,history and culture which is different from artificial hindi republic. The best way is South India become a United States of Dravid Nadu, they will be developed country if not like Europe then definetly better than countries like South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan or Indonesia. North India is pulling them backwards. Sooner or later north will have even more seats and population bomb, while south population will decrease and give opportunity to north bimaru states to occupy south Indian land and even marry their women.

Yes we south Indians need advice and guidance from Pakistanis seeing the way you guys have run the country? We people of India will fight with each other. Hell all 4 south Indians states fight with each other. But we have realised in the past being divided has helped colonisation and invaders. At the end of the day when D Day comes we will be united. This Wuhan virus scare is a great example.when everyone gelled together as one.

True, nobody like to associate with north Indian hindi.

Urdu is widely spoken in Punjab and Kashmir. In fact Lahore was the region where Urdu was initially developed along with Lucknow Muslims.

Yes we are taught Sindhi in schools in Sindh.

Our country was here historically under IVC banner, unlike yours which is artificial creation of British.

No more off topics. You are welcome to open a thread on that topic.
Aaj aap independent South India karke hi rahenge lagta lol.

Most US NRI's are Telugu people (me too) and we divided our state into two(for petty politics) and u dreaming 'we somehow form a new utopia state of Dravidnadu with different languages'? :rofl:

States already get 42% of the taxes collected by the goverment. Beyond that there are various Centrally Sponsored Schemes run by govt too where the Central govt shares expenditure ( 60% centre 40% state ) . Recently various of these schemes have been made flexible where states can choose their own targets and the manner they wanna spend that money.

Er.....I don't think the discussion was related to what is currently happening. It was hypothesizing on what events or scenarios would lead to situation where the southern states would seek to divide from India.

Yeah man, I am the tamil guy here but you are the expert. H1b professional told you? LOL. Some frustrated guy will have such grand theories.

Multiple Dravidian states? There are only 4 and each have their own culture and I am aware of all that. North indian labour are eating south indian jobs? North Indian labour work for peanuts and some of them are Bangladeshi also. South Indian labour is busy drinking and enjoying freebies given by the government. Your mind is made up as per your wishlist and you seek evidence for the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom