What's new

Nobel committee warned not to award peace prize to Chinese dissident

so your parent's talks make you an expert :hitwall:

What makes you an expert then? How does Iran treat dissidents?

Liu Xiaobo's comments are on record, that he wanted China to be subject to foreign colonialism for 300 years.

And really these appaling hypocrites at the Nobel committee and the talkheads on TV like to pretend that he represents the opinion of all the 'oppressed' Chinese people when he doesn't even represent the overseas Chinese.

He is not perceived well in China.

And that's the only perception that really counts in this matter.

External opinions are fine, but they have no weight or importance regarding such issues.

Exactly ! If he had a huge public support and the government oppressed him(like in the case of aung san suu kyi of Burma) , the award could hold some value. Otherwise its going to make the Chinese public a lot more determined that the west is against them.

And really these appaling hypocrites at the Nobel committee and the talkheads on TV like to pretend that he represents the opinion of all the 'oppressed' Chinese people when he doesn't even represent the overseas Chinese.

They are just playing into the CCP's hands.

Such Western institutions such as the Nobel Committee, are pushing the Chinese people away, and the CCP is waiting with open arms.

What makes you an expert then? How does Iran treat dissidents?

His comments are on record, that he wanted China to be subject to foreign colonialism for 300 years.

the difference with him is that i never said i am an expert

him he even believes he is God and believes i am refugee
and many other points above
i am impressed by such stupidity

Exactly ! If he had a huge public support and the government oppressed him(like in the case of aung san suu kyi of Burma) , the award could hold some value.

They are just playing into the CCP's hands.

Such Western institutions such as the Nobel Committee, are pushing the Chinese people away, and the CCP is waiting with open arms.

That's pretty much the jest of it. If they picked someone who is actually popular in China, it would have done their cause a lot more good.

That's pretty much the jest of it. If they picked someone who is actually popular in China, it would have done their cause a lot more good.

Maybe something they will learn for the next time. :azn:

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that they were actually trying to increase domestic support for the CCP.

It seems some over seas Chinese members have no clue why the Nobel award has been given to Liu.

Such confused members spread confusion.

Liu has not been given for his advocacy for democracy or human rights. These are not part of the intention behind the selection of Liu. I guess Liu himself is aware of the actual intention behind his selection.

Liu's wife showed open sympathy for Dalai Lama and appreciated the Nobel committee's selection of Dalai Lama.

.. and I want to thank the Dalai Lama – Liu Xia (Wife of Nobel Laureate Liu Xiaobo)
.. and I want to thank the Dalai Lama – Liu Xia (Wife of Nobel Laureate Liu Xiaobo) | Young Tibet Online

And see this, after Obama and Hilary, Dalai himself is asking China to release Liu.

Dalai Lama congratulates 2010 Nobel Peace laureate Liu Xiaobo - www.phayul.com

Release Nobel Laureate Liu Xiaobo: Dalai Lama to China
news.outlookindia.com | Release Nobel Laureate Liu Xiaobo: Dalai Lama to China

It indicates Liu's selection is part of a bigger game plan.

Liu wants to change the PRC Constitution through his Charter 8 which will abolish China's sovereign status. Liu himself wants China to be colonized by the Angloids for more than 300 years!! Liu's Charter 8 splits Tibet from China and Xinjiang.

But the most important part of the game plan is to stop China's defense advancement. They will force China to reduce defensive nuclear arsenal. They actually want to see China totally defenseless.

Obama had received Nobel but did he reduce defense budget? Why should China reduce defense budget?

Maybe something they will learn for the next time. :azn:

You know it is perfectly understandable that they'd pick people like Liu given everyone has their own view of politics and it would be fine if they justified Liu as someone who advanced their political cause but when they dress it up as a great moment for all people that they've crossed the line into dishonesty.

When such authors describe China as "Orwellian", it makes me wonder if they have even visited China, or if they have even read the book Nineteen-Eighty Four.

Orwell even predicted that China would consume all of East Asia and that Russia would consume all of Europe.

I suppose you could make a comparison between the Ministry of Truth and the official state media, but then again, all states have their own propaganda machines. In retrospect you could compare the Ministry of Love to Guantanamo Bay, or to any number of "black prisons" throughout the world.

Why am I not surprise that you'd give your whole-heart support upon hearing the words "non-violent" resistance. Funny how you've a judgement on him without ever reading his stuff.

And what was that exactly,"Inciting subversion of state power",a popular tool to fend off Human right campaigner's

About non violence,i dont think that guy is given 11 yr rigorous punishment for throwing grenades at Chinese forces,is it

Nobel prize in such categories is being used to promote political motives of states. I think for awarding Nobel prize to a person who is resident of any UN member country must bear recommendation of its own country.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom