What's new

No Pakistani selected at IPL auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even quite a lot of Australian players were also snubbed hence I guess the franchises took public sentiment into consideration probably they thought they will lose fan base if they buy Australian and Pakistani players

IPL is a commercial venture.

No owner must be keen to take a chance just in case due to local or political issues Pak players do not land up or are not allowed to play.

Even quite a lot of Australian players were also snubbed hence I guess the franchises took public sentiment into consideration probably they thought they will lose fan base if they buy Australian and Pakistani players

Don't forget there were only 13 spots to be filled from 67 players.

The decision is based on politics. They dont want any Pakistani playing in India.

Personally, i love that fact that they will not be providing their service to the Indian franchises. It decreases the chances of them getting hurt and used up.

Its business not Politics gents

But its sad, the situation is such that no Pak players have been chosen.

IPL missed out on some good players.

For those complaining that India will not give visas to Pakistani players. I don't think that will happen. India has been giving visas to well known perosnalities as well as for family visits even after 26/11

In the previous version of IPL, it was the PCB that refused to allow its players to play the IPL even though some of their players had already committed. That resulted in some lop sided teams. I believe they want to avoid such a situation again.

Othewise the UPA govt. has always advocated for strong cultural interactions. Recently Tharoor mentioned about having bilateral matches even in UAE or US if there were security concerns.

The GoI issue is solely with the terrorists groups and infrastructure (sometimes working with covert support from security establishment) that causes loss of lives all over India including Kashmir as has been seen recently.

Sporting events, cultural interactions should not and IMO won't be blocked or stopped by GoI. If IPL does this as part of some hidden policy, it si counter productive and infact, the IPL authorities have just allowed the terrorists to win, as this is exactly what they want.

Who cares about the controversial IPL league anyway. The BCCI had found itself in the middle of many conflicts with various cricket boards around the world as a result of the IPL. The main point of contention was that signed players should always be available to their country for international tours, even if it overlaps with the IPL season. To address this, the BCCI officially requested that the ICC institute a time period in the International Future Tours Program solely for the IPL season. This request was not granted at a subsequent meeting held by the ICC. The IPL ought to be banned anyway.

Sour Grapes?

Yes but a player like afridi, lot of Indian fans will be disappointed...

No never. He is not a batsman nowadays. Actually he was never a batsman...He bats poorer than a number 10 player. He still lives in the memory of 37 balls that he faced more than a decade ago.

Of course. I myself am disappointed and I gave my reasons in the previous post. Afridi, Gul, Akmal are better than many who got contract. That is not the point. It was about the Aussies, not Pakistanis.

No never. He is not a batsman nowadays. Actually he was never a batsman...He bats poorer than a number 10 player. He still lives in the memory of 37 balls that he faced more than a decade ago.

I don't think you have watched any of the Pakistan's matches in the last T20 world cup

however, wasim akram can still be the coach of kolkata knight riders! secondly ALL and i mean ALL pakistani players being ignored is just racism! players like Umar Akmal who is an upcoming star! so please spare us the BULL s**T about no racism! & visa issues!

india doesn't want AMAAN KI ASHAAAA THE WORLD HAS SEEN THE COMMON INDIAN MEN's true colours!

First of all IPL is pure business and entertainment, where buying is done based on the current form and international records of T20.
but there is also the factor of availability of that player after mumbai incident the relations between india and pakistan are not good so as a franchise owner people will not invest in a player who they are not sure whether he will play next season.
And it is not racism!
Regarding MAAN KI ASHAAAA there are majority of common people who want peace on both sides and I wish the process will progress. :cheers:

Tell you What it has been better than noone pick pakistani players thanx for not picking them we are the champs of T 20 and are unbeaten since New zealand Vs Pakistan Game in world cup welll and as it was a big failure in south africa it will be biggest failure now to as it was biggest blockbuster in 2008 season and no one from england and other cricketing playing countries will see tournament with enjoyment becoz champs is not playing in it and tell u what u picked wasim for ur own good and for him how many obsticles ur governemnt have pit as indian hole nation and indian media and indian bollywood stars are biggest racist and we should stop indian films in pakistan now and channels INDIA IS RACIST

WoW, :cheers:

Though I would have loved to see some punctuations but then who cares.

Keep posting, Your derivation of fact is awesome

Afridi is one of the best T20 all-rounder around. His performances in T20 world cup speaks for it.

Yeah and I will be one of them but chalo atleast our money won't be used to buy arms against us. Afridi will go and pay taxes in Pakistan and the same money will be used to harm India :azn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom