What's new

No Pakistani selected at IPL auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
however, wasim akram can still be the coach of kolkata knight riders! secondly ALL and i mean ALL pakistani players being ignored is just racism! players like Umar Akmal who is an upcoming star! so please spare us the BULL s**T about no racism! & visa issues!

we don't want AMAAN KI ASHAAAA THE WORLD HAS SEEN THE COMMON INDIAN MEN's true colours!

Ha ha ha ha you made my day carry on brother....
:lol::lol:

1. Availability for whole length of the Tournament.
2. Current form.
3. Some specific skills not required as already available in Indian players.
4. More interested in Indian players due to recession.

Cannot agree with you.They spent 750000+ for Kemar Roach,who is yet untested.He has lots of talent but no solid experience.
Compare him with Sohail Tanvir or Umar Gul.Or try someone like Doug Bollinger.

Pakistani players were mainly not chosen because the Franchises feared they won't be getting Visas from Indian govt.Since they can't replace once they bought,so they opted not to bid for them.

In terms of quality,I can't imagine not a single team bidding at least for Shahid Afridi.

So its the outside factor only.

may be its a blessing in disguise atleast our players won't get exhausted by playing in IPL

however, wasim akram can still be the coach of kolkata knight riders! secondly ALL and i mean ALL pakistani players being ignored is just racism! players like Umar Akmal who is an upcoming star! so please spare us the BULL s**T about no racism! & visa issues!

we don't want AMAAN KI ASHAAAA THE WORLD HAS SEEN THE COMMON INDIAN MEN's true colours!

Dude.. You can go fly a kite if you want to respond in this tone to a note stating my opinion. ALL pakistani players are left out because of the same reason.. Upto you to term it as you see fit. Incidently there are team owners who belong to the same race who you think is being discriminated against and they too have not opted for these players..

IPL auction shuns Pakistan stars

Tuesday, 19 Jan, 2010

MUMBAI: Pakistani cricketers will not feature in the third edition of the Indian Premier League this year after being ignored by franchises at the players’ auction on Tuesday.

None of the 11 Pakistanis who went under the hammer, including flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi, were sold despite their national team being the reigning World Twenty20 champions.
Pakistani cricketers took part in the IPL’s inaugural season in 2008, but were denied permission by Islamabad to play last year due to growing political tensions with India.
Multi-millionaire owners of the eight clubs, who attended the auction, declined to comment on why the Pakistanis were kept out.
But a franchise official, who preferred to remain unnamed, told AFP that he was not surprised.

“We were not sure if the Pakistanis will get visas and we did not want players who won’t be available,” he said.

“Besides, there is also the security issue. No one was willing to take a chance.”

Of the 66 players up for bid, only 11 were sold, with West Indian all-rounder Kieron Pollard and New Zealand fast bowler Shane Bond drawing the highest prices at 750,000 dollars each.

Pollard was picked up by Mumbai Indians, owned by India’s richest industrialist Mukesh Ambani, while Bond went to Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan’s Kolkata Knight Riders.

Another West Indian, Kemar Roach, attracted 720,000 dollars from 2009 champions Deccan Chargers. Promising South African paceman Wayne Parnell was sold to Delhi Daredevils for 610,000 dollars.

The auction was held for cricketers not already linked with any IPL team and was limited to the third edition, which will be held across India from March 12 to April 25.

From 2011 onwards, when the number of teams will be increased from eight to 10, a fresh auction will be held for all cricketers for a three-year term.

Other star players who were ignored at the auction were Australian Test wicket-keeper Brad Haddin, England spinner Graeme Swann, West Indian Ramnaresh Sarwan and Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan.

List of players auctioned:

- Kieron Pollard (WIS) to Mumbai Indians for 750,000 dollars
- Shane Bond (NZL) to Kolkata Knight Riders for 750,000 dollars
- Kemar Roach (WIS) to Deccan Chargers for 720,000 dollars
- Wayne Parnell (RSA) to Delhi Daredevils for 610,000 dollars
- Mohammad Kaif (IND) to Kings XI Punjab for 250,000 dollars.
- Eoin Morgan (ENG) to Bangalore Royal Challengers for 220,000 dollars
- Damien Martyn (AUS) to Rajasthan Royals for 100,000 dollars
- Justin Kemp (RSA) to Chennai Super Kings for 100,000 dollars
- Thissara Perera (SRI) to Chennai Super Kings for 50,000 dollars
- Adam Voges (AUS) to Rajasthan Royals for 50,000 dollars
- Yusuf Abdulla (RSA) to Kings XI Punjab for 50,000 dollars.

DAWN.COM | Cricket | IPL auction shuns Pakistan stars

Cannot agree with you.They spent 750000+ for Kemar Roach,who is yet untested.He has lots of talent but no solid experience.
Compare him with Sohail Tanvir or Umar Gul.Or try someone like Doug Bollinger.

Pakistani players were mainly not chosen because the Franchises feared they won't be getting Visas from Indian govt.Since they can't replace once they bought,so they opted not to bid for them.

In terms of quality,I can't imagine not a single team bidding at least for Shahid Afridi.

So its the outside factor only.

Well i am not a person who think Pakistani players should not be selected. They are worlds best fast playing cricketers and suits to this form of the cricket very well.
Only thing i am not able to understand as far as racism allegations are concerned that the frenchies are very much independent and have done heaps of research before spending their money. So partiality with Pakistani players can not be ruled out but neither highly suggested due to private nature of bidding. No one will risk their money.
Its nothing to do with India being racist but our relationship with neighbour making bidder to think twice before investing. Roach is young block and a big gamble you never know he may click.

For Afridi he created wrong vibes when openly criticized his captain, further he blamed cheerleaders for his dismiss which means war for lead joker of this circus Mr. Modi.:cheesy::P

I don't know why people are trying to be more nice than they can be.

IPL is a commercial venture and no one wants to invest in a player from a country which has been at war with India for last 60+ years. It is for the simple reason that once the matches begin the people of this country may revolt presence of Pakistani players.So in the end it will turn out to be a bad investment for the IPL team owner.This is a sad but simple truth.

Why blame IPL and Indians ,are you guys not facing this in all walks of life all over the world.Most of the restaurants owned by the Pakistani people serving some very good food have to put a Indian flag and name to remain in business.

I know you hate this but friends its of your own making and I am afraid it is going to get worst if you don't decide to salvage what ever is left of your country.We can agree to disagree on whole lot of things but in peace and with mutual respect.

Well bubble is busted now...so for all those Pakistani players dying to play in IPL, must have had their eyes open now.

Another lesson for the Pakistani players as where to give priorities. So its a right time for us to open our eyes and concentrate on the upcoming worldcup.

I hope whem the time is rite, we will have our own version of PPL, there are dosens in Pakistan waiting for the oppertunity to buy any franchise. Fingers crossed.

IPL is a commercial venture and no one wants to invest in a player from a country which has been at war with India for last 60+ years. It is for the simple reason that once the matches begin the people of this country may revolt presence of Pakistani players.So in the end it will turn out to be a bad investment for the IPL team owner.This is a sad but simple truth.

Why blame IPL and Indians ,are you guys not facing this in all walks of life all over the world.Most of the restaurants owned by the Pakistani people serving some very good food have to put a Indian flag and name to remain in business.

I know you hate this but friends its of your own making and I am afraid it is going to get worst if you don't decide to salvage what ever is left of your country.We can agree to disagree on whole lot of things but in peace and with mutual respect.

^^ Huh, what has restaurants got to do with sports? Why do you always have to bring other non-issues into a debate and totally destroy the spirit of any discussion? What an inferiority complex. Stop politicizing sports.

Well if the Franchises were not given a green signal by the Indian Government for giving Visas to the Pakistani players it is very sad.
This will not help the already tense relations between both countries, I suppose the politicians get enough opportunities to do their politics. Sports should be left out of politics.
GOI should could have shown more maturity.

Well at least the Indian's are not pretending!! IPL auction shows the seething bias and somewhat fear or internal reprisal of the IPL owners to include the highly talented Pakistani players. But I have to blame our own PCB which, under the current Indian mindset to degrade Pakistan on every forum, should have pre-empted this and should have withdrawn categorically from the bidding altoghether. After all, the sky will not fall if our cricket champions are not playing in or are not bid for at the IPL. They already have enough cricket in their calender and enough money on their platters.

However, one thing is for sure that the onus of bringing POLITICS into SPORTS lies squarely on the shoulders of Indians.

Ability to justify return on investment is the only question that has made franchises not to opt for Pakistan players. They dont want to invest into risky assets....and the reat is all emotional rantings.

Just to burst your bubble, let me inform you that when gora sb took Indians as cheap labour alround the world about 100 yrs back...the Indians obviously took their traditional food with them as well, which in Europan countries now known as Indian food...thats another thing that they are not Indian anymore.

Yes the Pakistani restaurant owners must run a campaign to change this trend and sell it as Pakistani food not as an Indian food. Infact it has already started.

I hope this simple explanation would help you to understand...I meet 100s of locals everyday due to the nature of my job...and I always proudly introduce myself as a Pakistani and they never had any problem...infact quite a few have signed the contracts with me being a Pakistani..thats what the truth is. wether its an Indian or Pakistani or a bengladeshi they face more or less problem. My two cents.:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom