What's new

No Pakistani selected at IPL auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision is based on politics. They dont want any Pakistani playing in India.

Personally, i love that fact that they will not be providing their service to the Indian franchises. It decreases the chances of them getting hurt and used up.

IPL will also improve the confidence and form of a player :cheers:.

Yeah and I will be one of them but chalo atleast our money won't be used to buy arms against us. Afridi will go and pay taxes in Pakistan and the same money will be used to harm India :azn:

Thats really sad :tdown:

I wish you would not have said that.

Pakistan players hurt and angered by snub

Pakistan's players have reacted with anger and disappointment to being cold-shouldered at the IPL auction in Mumbai. Proven Twenty20 performers like Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir and Umar Gul were among the 11 Pakistan players on the auction list but none received a bid - largely due to concerns over their availability, though some franchises cited strategic reasons.

Though the players had been given the go-ahead from the Pakistan government, franchises were wary over whether the strained relations with India would affect their ability to get visas.

Afridi, Pakistan's Twenty20 captain, was the first player up for sale on Tuesday but fetched no bids. He called it a snub to his country. "The way I see it, the IPL and India have made fun of us and our country," he said. "We are the Twenty20 world champions and for me the attitude of the franchises was disappointing. I feel bad for the Indian people who, I am sure, wanted to see us play in the IPL this year."

Abdul Razzaq, the allrounder, said politics and sports should be kept separate. "They have basically tried to hurt our cricket and image and this is most disappointing because I believe there should be no politics in sports," Razzaq was quoted as saying by PTI. "In the end it is the IPL which has lost out because the fact is our players have star value and are the best in T20 cricket."

The Pakistan government had not permitted its players to participate in last year's tournament due to security fears after the Mumbai attacks. Later, when the Pakistan players failed to procure the NOCs, the IPL shut its doors on them for missing out on the December 7 deadline, but relented when Pakistan's interior ministry cleared the players for participation in the IPL.

Tanvir, the best bowler in the inaugural IPL and an instrumental part of the Rajasthan Royals' title win, wondered why so much effort was put into getting the clearance from his country's board and government if none of the franchises wanted to buy Pakistan players. "They mean to say none of our players are good enough to be in the IPL," Tanvir said. "I am sorry to say the franchises have taken a decision not based on cricketing sense but on political grounds which is a shame and has hurt the image of the sport."

Lalit Modi, the IPL commissioner, said the apprehension over the availability of Pakistan players was the main reason for them being unsold. "Franchises are no more ready to spend USD seven or eight million for someone who would not be available for the tournament," he said. "It not only exhausted their purse but also wasted slots. They want only those players who would be available for the tournament. They are spending money and they want to get the results."

However, Ijaz Butt, the PCB chairman, was relatively unfazed. "It really does not bother us; what difference does it make to us if our players don't play in the IPL this season? They didn't play in the last season as well," he said.

Shilpa Shetty, the co-owner of Rajasthan, echoed Modi's words. "We were not convinced about their availability and that's why we did not want to take any risk," she said. "If someone is not going to be available, why bid for him." She also said that though they had watched Tanvir over the past year, they were looking for a batsman.

The co-owner of Kings XI Punjab, Ness Wadia, had a different take, pinning the non-sale of Pakistan players to the lack of open slots for the franchises - 67 players were auctioned for only 13 vacancies. "I do not think that the Pakistan players were ignored purposely," he said. "Many Australian players were too not auctioned. In fact, last year we suffered because of Australia."

Since the terrorist attacks on Mumbai in November 2008, political relations between India and Pakistan have been strained, and bilateral cricketing ties have been suspended.

^^ very balanced article sir. Thanks.

adding on: Tanvir has all the rights to bash IPL for not bidding him. But as i mentioned above in my first post 1. Availability was the main concern for everyone, this what my brother told me over phone yesterday from Mumbai he is an accountant with one of the sponsors in IPL. Last year they lost heaps of money due to OZ players. Peterson was another rip off when left in between.

Trust me IPL is dry without Pakistani players we love to watch them play in India.

Last edited:
Yeah and I will be one of them but chalo atleast our money won't be used to buy arms against us. Afridi will go and pay taxes in Pakistan and the same money will be used to harm India :azn:

hmmmm interesting thought AMAAN KII MAA KII for sure now buddy....this is the problem i think IPL should be taken away from india it is an international event it should be hosted in a new place every year!

& as for the RAZ MATAZ or whatever you indians like to call it being genenrated by IPL my friend you have a population of 1 billion if even 20% of it watches IPL i think you have a big viewership so the razmataz stuff is true just because so many indians are watching it!

frankly i never watched IPL with any interest! why would i care if kolkata wins or hyderabad wins! what do i get from it! so yes keep your razmataz to yourself & keep your non racist theory to yourself! when its clear that just cuz its an indian event we are discriminated against! :coffee:

who cares about IPL, let Indians play their league, We are still the T-20 Champions :pakistan:

na rakho hum kon sa mare ja rhae ha IPL ke bagir

Last edited:
Seeing the current performance of Pakistani team in Australia ,I would not like to see them in IPL.

Seeing the current performance of Pakistani team in Australia ,I would not like to see them in IPL.

ohhh really thank you little MR.MODI!!! listen firstly 20-20 is a whole diffrent ball game & what indian performance outside the sub continent is world famous! so keep your ohh i don't want pakistani players in it thing!

admit it IPL is not international it is a local indian thing! if so then it showed not be portrayed as an ICC thing!

ohhh really thank you little MR.MODI!!! listen firstly 20-20 is a whole diffrent ball game & what indian performance outside the sub continent is world famous! so keep your ohh i don't want pakistani players in it thing!

admit it IPL is not international it is a local indian thing! if so then it showed not be portrayed as an ICC thing!

ab un logo ne apna dil bhe to kush krna ha na.....

hum q mar rahe han, bhar mae jae IPL

Pakistani team ka Performance dekh ke Dil bahut khush hua

Pakistani team ka Performance dekh ke Dil bahut khush hua

humra bhe dil bht kush hoa tha ICC champions trophy mae, ise team k lye tum log duwa ke rahe the, apne match chor kr Pakistan ka match dekh rahe the aur hum ne bra nachaya tum logo ko, bht maza aya tha qasam se

827c663f1974d114b862226161be2c4e.jpg

3a5ec5fc05671ceffd8cc55d504820d8.gif

ro lo beta ro lo

Last edited:

Only if you knew that these are different players from the ones playing the test series and both Test and T-20 are different forms of cricket all together.

You forgot the last T-20 World Cup ? :azn:

Another Slap On The Face For ‘Aman Ki Asha’ Apologists

The great ‘Aman Ki Asha’ inspired love affair between Pakistan and India has just been hit by a bus and chances are that it won’t survive. This came as all of the 11 Pakistani cricketers, most of them from the T20 Worldcup winning side last year were kept out of the third edition of the Indian Premiere League including all-rounder Shahid Afridi who was the highest rated player expected to be the most expensive. This is truly astonishing given that Pakistan is the reigning World Twenty20 champion, and their exclusion devalues the entire competition. What a huge loss for cricket and what utter disappointment for millions of fans. Given that the World Champions are not to be seen in action, it is only logical to say that this makes the IPL anything but ‘World Class’.

Despite the great love story being sold to the people of Pakistan and India by their respective media, there is still not enough love in the world that can hide the hypocrisy and two-facedness that has always characterized India’s dealing with her neighbour. This is just the icing on the cake. It is also very interesting to note that despite the violent attacks on Indian nationals on Australian soil, and the threats issued by the militant Hindu extremist outfit Shiv Sena against Australians playing in India, the Indians were more than happy to have a love-in with the Aussies at IPL. One cannot help but think that this says a lot for the Indian national pride and sense of solidarity with their counterparts being humiliated and abused by the Australians.

Given the threats being issues by Hindu fanatics against foreign players visiting India, it is perhaps a really good thing that Pakistani players are not going to be put in a position where their lives might be at risk from extremist elements and religious fanatics. While the great Bollywood soap opera called ‘Aman ki Asha’ meets an unhappy yet very predictable ending, Pakistanis must now realize that the only ‘goodwill gestures’ they will ever receive from across the border is covert terrorism on its land, caskets of Pakistani prisoners tortured to death in Indian jails for overstaying visas, and poorly disguised threats of war.

Pakistani players have played in IPL in the past and they will play in future too.

If there's racism, did it happen overnight? Indians love many pakistani players and consider soem to be legendary. There's no racism, but there must be reasons we don't know - security, availability, polical tension , visa etc etc. why get so worked up, its a private event.

ab un logo ne apna dil bhe to kush krna ha na.....

hum q mar rahe han, bhar mae jae IPL

childish remark....If no one cares about IPL why the hell people are posting in this thread? :D

@topic:
It is being reported that frenchies were not confident with the availability for pakistani members. Beside this, only onee round is done. I sinceerely hope we would see some Pakistani players in coming rounds. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom